Her Thithter 2013-01-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Kingmaker

Re: Her Thithter 2013-01-08

Post by Kingmaker »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Please, (struggles to hold a straight face) Just say 'sufferin' succotash' one time for me...
"Mooth and thquirrel." 8-)
I've told this one before:

Peter David wrote some scripts for Babylon 5. A joke they wouldn't let him do involved Garibaldi (who was established as a pop culture fan, with a Daffy Duck poster over his bed) and Londo.

LONDO: Honestly, Meester Garibaldi, I do not see why you wish me to do this thing.

GARIBALDI: Oh, come on Londo - just do it.

LONDO (sighs): Oh, very well. "moose and squirrel". Are you satisfied?

As PAD said, if you don't laugh immediately, it will never be truly funny for you.

I laughed so hard when I heard that on the show! It came out perfectly.

Monica may be in for a surprise when she finds out that vampires do exist and they are the ones who, when something goes bump in the night, bump back.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:Is Tsilla cute or what?

Except for the ears. I'm not a fan of Gremlin-ears...

(Of course I know they're not her ears. That's not the actual Tsilla...)
Oh, Whats the difference. Neither Ear nor there. :lol:
Maybe "fangirl" will help M with her choppers.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Well, so much for Tsillah's dramatic introduction of the Library. :roll:

And really, you'd think Monica would be trying to exercise a bit more restraint after recent events. The next person she poits off to face their greatest fear may actually be afraid of something dangerous to them.

(Smoke and Mirrors... a thinly disguised (though unintentional on M's part) Tezcatlipoca reference?)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Am I the only person who, after seeing the title of today's page, started hearing a certain song by Train...but sung with a thpeech impediment? :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

All she got for Christmas were new front teeth?
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

TlalocW wrote:So Suzy and Lilly's new assignment is to teach Monica how to enunciate properly with fangs?
Yep. "Hooked On Glyphs" only covers so much.

Come to think of it, can she even speak Glyph with those chowmpers? I guess she still can give mental commands.
Aleister Crow wrote:And really, you'd think Monica would be trying to exercise a bit more restraint after recent events. The next person she poits off to face their greatest fear may actually be afraid of something dangerous to them.
Phix hasn't shown up since M awakened, has she?

How can one train a being with the power to see and realize anyone's greatest fears?
Aleister Crow wrote:(Smoke and Mirrors... a thinly disguised (though unintentional on M's part) Tezcatlipoca reference?)
Noticed that too. And I noticed that shanghaiing... taking people over water to place they've never been and do not want to go... is what Tsillah's dad does.

So Monica is actually in a childish frame of mind, with her kittenhood and kindergarten tongue problems. Perfect moment for some focus-pulling, courtesy a couple of terrified, adult vampire policewomen who have, up till now, held her in awe.

I'm looking forward to this.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Mark N wrote:Welp, back to the pissed off pocket elf with the rack and FANGS.
And the Vamps were frightened of her before.
My first thought, AGAIN with the Denial?!?
Aleister Crow wrote:Well, so much for Tsillah's dramatic introduction of the Library. :roll:
And really, you'd think Monica would be trying to exercise a bit more restraint after recent events. The next person she poits off to face their greatest fear may actually be afraid of something dangerous to them.

(Smoke and Mirrors... a thinly disguised (though unintentional on M's part) Tezcatlipoca reference?)
Maybe she unconsiocusly requesting a kick in the but from Quetzalcoatl...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:How can one train a being with the power to see and realize anyone's greatest fears?
Very carefully! :D :D

(I think I owe you a few quatloos for that easy straight-man setup!)
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

For some reason I just read Monica's outburst in the voice of little Ron Howard from the 1962 version of "the music man"

"Oh thithter thithter have you ever theen thuch a wonderful thiny thing?"
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
eee

Post by eee »

I'd point out we know Tsillah better than Monica does. We've been following her since she, Shelley, and Justin crossed paths, and have a pretty good idea of her personality. To Monica, though, she's just a shape changing fan-girl who showed up one day calling herself a liaison. Monica has little reason to trust her, and a lot to be suspicious, ESPECIALLY since she's Nudge's sister. Tsillah better talk fast or Monica - who, I note, has the circles around her eyes again - might unleash whatever it is a shadow is afraid of...
TheSkulker

Post by TheSkulker »

Fairportfan

How come you re not using your new signature avatar??? It's scarier than M, Jin & Phix combined!

Better grab it before someone else does!

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/ninec ... /s-1258045
We want to see the unexpected! The strange and terrible!
A dream merely soothes - but our nightmares make us run!
GG 07-15-13
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

donoho wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:(Smoke and Mirrors... a thinly disguised (though unintentional on M's part) Tezcatlipoca reference?)
Maybe she unconsiocusly requesting a kick in the but from Quetzalcoatl...
A fight for rulership of the new Sun Era? I suspect that ship has sailed...
Or, perhaps one could say, that king has left the building...
Dave wrote:
Yamara wrote:How can one train a being with the power to see and realize anyone's greatest fears?
Very carefully! :D :D

(I think I owe you a few quatloos for that easy straight-man setup!)
I think it's high time the Providers were put in the arena. Let them think their way out of that!

Seven trillion-dollar platinums on Provider One!
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Apropos of nothing in particular, lookiong at Panel One, i started wondering.

Pratt and McBride are vampires. Does Suzi actually need those glasses? Are the a calculated image thing, or are or is it that Our Vampires Are Different?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
pwbritt

Post by pwbritt »

Hello There,

Long time reader, but first time with a question. When did we learn that little Tsillah was Nudge's sister?

Thanks folks,

pwbritt
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Yamara wrote:Phix hasn't shown up since M awakened, has she? How can one train a being with the power to see and realize anyone's greatest fears?

So Monica is actually in a childish frame of mind, with her kittenhood and kindergarten tongue problems. Perfect moment for some focus-pulling, courtesy a couple of terrified, adult vampire policewomen who have, up till now, held her in awe.

I'm looking forward to this.
>>much snippage.<<

AH, but what if someones greatest fear is, oh... Bananas!... How would Poiting affect them? other than poiting them to a Chiquita distributor warehouse? that they can run out of any time they want to... as for the childish frame of mind, well yeah, but look closely at the very last panel and compare M's eye's with the panel just prior... you'll notice those black circles are GONE!... that's EXACTLY what she needed to hear at that exact moment in time. NOW she'll be less like her usual "auto-denial" self, and more the calm, cool, and somewhat more collected person she should be, when Tsillah introduces her to Lily and Pratt. and i too am looking forward to this arc as well...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

pwbritt wrote:Hello There,

Long time reader, but first time with a question. When did we learn that little Tsillah was Nudge's sister?

Thanks folks,

pwbritt
Right about here.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
pwbritt wrote:Hello There,

Thanks folks,

pwbritt
Right about here.
It had, however, earlier been speculated toward due to the similar facial markings Tsillah's favoured shadow displays.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

eee wrote:<snip/>
Tsillah better talk fast or Monica - who, I note, has the circles around her eyes again - might unleash whatever it is a shadow is afraid of...
Who do we know who's nickname is "Sunshine"?
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Squirt's right. Can just tell that M sounds adorable. :)