No Down Side 2021-01-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

No Down Side 2021-01-14

Post by lake_wrangler »

Apologetic, prefer to help anyway, worried about giving it all away by accident, and taking it all in stride. As many attitudes are there are people, I guess...
AnotherFairportfan

Re: No Down Side 2021-01-14

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Well, Timmy, now you went and said THAT,,,
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

So, Bud just made the entire scooby gang MIB Agents? Did this go through proper channels? Did Brandi okay this? Forget Brandi, what about Katherine; is she going to be okay with her 14/15 year old daughter, being an MIB Agent? What about the other parents? Like Shawna said, she is not very good at keeping things from her parents. They might be Paras, but they are still minors. I am not sure that Bud thought this out properly.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

ziggy78eog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm So, Bud just made the entire scooby gang MIB Agents? Did this go through proper channels? Did Brandi okay this? Forget Brandi, what about Katherine; is she going to be okay with her 14/15 year old daughter, being an MIB Agent? What about the other parents? Like Shawna said, she is not very good at keeping things from her parents. They might be Paras, but they are still minors. I am not sure that Bud thought this out properly.
I seem to recall that the age of majority is lowe4 for paras.

I SEEM to, mind you.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:38 pm
ziggy78eog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm So, Bud just made the entire scooby gang MIB Agents? Did this go through proper channels? Did Brandi okay this? Forget Brandi, what about Katherine; is she going to be okay with her 14/15 year old daughter, being an MIB Agent? What about the other parents? Like Shawna said, she is not very good at keeping things from her parents. They might be Paras, but they are still minors. I am not sure that Bud thought this out properly.
I seem to recall that the age of majority is lower for paras.

I SEEM to, mind you.
The drinking age is way lower, but nothing on any other activities. http://wapsisquare.com/comic/like-molasses/
► Show Spoiler
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I have no idea how that reduced drinking age would actually be implemented in practice, at least if the young paras in question are mixing in a mostly-human environment. It's not as if a para can flash a special para-only ID card at their local bar. Probably it's something that applies only in private/family/para-only situations (or if the officer carding them happens to be a werewolf).

As to the age of majority in general, I don't think we've been given access to that information. It could vary by the race, depending on species-specific maturation rates, lifespan, and so forth. I recall that hobbits weren't considered adults until they reached the age of 33; in their twenties they were still considered to be irresponsible "tweens". Like our own college seniors, they were old enough to drink, but often not old enough to do so responsibly... give 'em a few flagons of beer and let them loose in your mushroom patch, and there was hell to pay.

On the other hand, the Ephemerae ("mayfly faeries") are probably allowed to drink by the time they're 8 hours old. Legend holds that they're uniquely fortunate among the Fae, in that they're the only ones who never live long enough to get a hangover. :?