Why not 2021-01-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Why not 2021-01-12

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/why-not/

When you talk about the classified operation before it was an operation that could be classified because it was still a science fair project.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Re: Why not 2021-01-12

Post by FreeFlier »

When you classify something, you need to be sure who already knows . . . if too many people know, classifying it is pointless.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:47 pm When you classify something, you need to be sure who already knows . . . if too many people know, classifying it is pointless.

--FreeFlier
I don't know about that...

Zoologists classify stuff all the time, and they don't seem to care who knows...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Anybody remember the Science Fair kid who scraped the Americium dot from a metric shitload of used smoke detectors so he could make a demo desktop nuclear reactor? Various governmental agencies were promptly and deeply involved....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

It's probably too late for that, in this case.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Even though Bud is, essentially, forever 18 or so, it's been so long since she was 15 that she's forgotten what it was like...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I'm kinda missing the days when Bud would pretend to be really dumb after hurling golf balls at escape velocity. Nowadays, she doesn't seem all that interested in rocking them shorts. I can't remember if they were "Daisy Dukes" or not, though.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Bud is about to face her toughest security challenge yet, teenagers. They are going to talk to their friends about everything, including their classes. And with all due respect, Scarlett’s AP Science project came first; Scarlett is only going to Bud, because the normal, scholastic, avenues, are no longer sufficient. So Scarlett’s teacher, her friends/classmates, and quite possibly her Academic Advisor, all know about this project. Trying to retroactively classify this, after it had been already talked about, with so many people, is just not going to happen.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:01 am I'm kinda missing the days when Bud would pretend to be really dumb after hurling golf balls at escape velocity. Nowadays, she doesn't seem all that interested in rocking them shorts. I can't remember if they were "Daisy Dukes" or not, though.
I'm pretty sure Bud will pop back up on the Island before too long...
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Alkarii wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:01 am I'm kinda missing the days when Bud would pretend to be really dumb after hurling golf balls at escape velocity. Nowadays, she doesn't seem all that interested in rocking them shorts. I can't remember if they were "Daisy Dukes" or not, though.
I highly doubt that Bud is allowed to wear, "daisy dukes", on the job; I am quite positive that they do not qualify as, "professional attire".
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

ziggy78eog wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 pm
I highly doubt that Bud is allowed to wear, "daisy dukes", on the job; I am quite positive that they do not qualify as, "professional attire".
uh huh.

YOU volunteering to tell Ms Budur what she can and can't wear?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Kevin could probably get away with it.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin