All Fours 2013-01-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
chibichibi01

Re: All Fours 2013-01-03

Post by chibichibi01 »

Dave wrote:
Mark N wrote:And I am surprised that no one pointed out that the only other person with that type of eye marking is Bia herself. We already know from Paul that Bia made the spike and it has the Phoenix blood that allows Monica to resurrect, but maybe she added a little something from herself into the mix as well. The eyes just seem like a tell to me.
Ummm... true!

Actually, we don't know for sure that Bia herself isn't the source of the Phoenix blood. Paul has yet to clarify the position of the Phoenix within the Wapsiverse's mythology. Conceivably, the Phoenix could itself be a Titan, or even a pre-Titan progenitor figure... sort of a Personification of the primal Big Bang which (re)created the Universe.

Shelly and Bud did say that astral fire could be wielded by "Titans, and those with Phoenix blood"... I think we've been assuming that those are two completely separate categories, but that might not be the case. They might have meant "Titans (who naturally are of the Phoenix bloodline) and others who also have Phoenix blood."

Or, maybe not. Bia may have arranged to have Monica spiked with an amalgam of Phoenix blood and some of her own essence.

Either way, it's a really scary, ominous thought. A shredded fragment of an irresponsible, manipulative, heartless Titan, injected into our favorite Latina archaeology-historian. Bia frayed!
-rattles the pun jar- You owe something here, Buster.
ImageImage
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

The Old Wolf wrote:An interesting development. At any rate, Monica should now have a bit more compassion for Shelley's condition.
And, I've decided pointy teeth are hot.
I decided that the first time Tina opened her mouth.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Except - shes a Jaguar Girl, not an oscillot.
//wince//

Hell of a thing to read, first thing in the morning. Probably an omen that my day is going to be a difficult one. Yeah, it's a sine, I'm certain.
And a cosine (depositing trig and basic electronics texts in the pun jar, just to be safe).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:A shredded fragment of an irresponsible, manipulative, heartless Titan, injected into our favorite Latina archaeology-historian. Bia frayed!
There's a pun jar tapping at your foot...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

(* Deposits a Titanium knife into the Pun Jar *)
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Running on all fours?
You mean kinda like this?
http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-94 ... round.html
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

According to the internets, the Jaguar can run 64 miles per hour or about 103 KPH, which works out to 28.61 meters per second more or less. At that speed she could cover a heck of a lot of library in a very short time.

If she could in fact run as fast as a jaguar. . . .not sure how fast a sphinx can travel, or an unladen swallow for that matter :lol:
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

meisdadoo wrote: If she could in fact run as fast as a jaguar. . . .not sure how fast a sphinx can travel, or an unladen swallow for that matter :lol:
African or European? :lol: :lol:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
meisdadoo wrote: If she could in fact run as fast as a jaguar. . . .not sure how fast a sphinx can travel, or an unladen swallow for that matter :lol:
African or European? :lol: :lol:
...huh? I don't know, that -- AAAUUUUUGH!!! [gets flung into bottomless chasm]
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Too bad she can POIT! wherever she wants. If she had to catch a plane, she could have been called Jet Jaguar Girl.

*sings the MST3K translation of the Jet Jaguar Theme to the Pun Jar, immediately gets pelted with old pennies*
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Better Joan Jett and the Blackhearts than Tess Turbo and the Blackheads!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff