All Fours 2013-01-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
nerf-dweller

All Fours 2013-01-03

Post by nerf-dweller »

Running on all fours? :shock: The week and next are certainly going to enlightening.
Opus the Poet

Re: All Fours 2013-01-03

Post by Opus the Poet »

And M is showing artifacts around her eyes much like Shelly does in mid-transformation.

And I was ninja'ed by NerfDweller by less than a minute.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Monica's day is off to galloping start! Looks like its going to be a long week of new discoveries for the little Jaguar Girl. LOL
Last edited by Stigmartyr762 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

I particularly like Monica's appearance in frame one, myself.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

and i would say i kinda called that M is going thru what shelly went thru{but so many was guessing the same thing} when her animal side comes out, now we get to see the fun with m dealing with it
Last edited by Sphinx-Napped on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Wyvern wrote:I particularly like Monica's appearance in frame one, myself.
I know! Of course you're running on all fours, Monica-- you're in the MIND OF SHELLY.

(Addendum: I also like the line of panel 2, which I think of as My Little Jaguar: Sacrifice Is Magic.)
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:and i would say i kinda called that M is going thru what shelly went thru{but so many was guessing the same thing} when her animal side comes out, now we get to see the fun with m dealing with it
Specifically a jaguar, I imagine. I'd been assuming that the "jaguar" in "Jaguar Girl" was just an honorific, symbolizing her new power and her role as an intermediary to the dead... but from the way she's charging along in panel 2 it might turn out to be quite literal!

If she were more of a foodie I'd call her a galloping gourmet... and if she heads up a tree and gets stuck and starts calling "Help! Help!"... :)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yamara wrote:
I know! Of course you're running on all fours, Monica-- you're in the MIND OF SHELLY.

(Addendum: I also like the line of panel 2, which I think of as My Little Jaguar: Sacrifice Is Magic.)
Just need the Big Twinkle Eyes and you're there!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...and I quote: "Oh, bu WA HA HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!" :lol:
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

M better be careful running on all fours unless she is wearing her super sports bra. Her rack could easily break her arms from momentum alone. Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
Shh. You might scare Kevin with that idea. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

zachariah wrote:M better be careful running on all fours unless she is wearing her super sports bra. Her rack could easily break her arms from momentum alone. Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
Compared to every other paranormal she knows, she is a kitten.

No one's pointed out yet that Nudge is saying that she's never heard the Library speak except that once-- which makes it speaking an even more rare an occurrence, since Nudge was imprisoned there for untold years before Phix was assigned.

So I'm wondering if Nudge (or Paul) is counting this rejoinder as common, or as equally extremely rare.

Maybe Bibliothiki just vocalizes in Monica's presence. She's such a cwute li'l pootie-poot after all.

Maybe Bibliothiki is a crazy cat lady.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Yamara wrote:[

No one's pointed out yet that Nudge is saying that she's never heard the Library speak except that once-- which makes it speaking an even more rare an occurrence, since Nudge was imprisoned there for untold years before Phix was assigned.

So I'm wondering if Nudge (or Paul) is counting this rejoinder as common, or as equally extremely rare.

Maybe Bibliothiki just vocalizes in Monica's presence. She's such a cwute li'l pootie-poot after all.

Maybe Bibliothiki is a crazy cat lady.
Man that makes such horrifyingly good sense. Great catch.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Me too, but I kind of feel bad for giggling this much.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

So, is Dietzel going to chase her up a tree, or the other way around?

Not to mention the changes to the layout of the bathroom/litter box....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

zachariah wrote:M better be careful running on all fours unless she is wearing her super sports bra. Her rack could easily break her arms from momentum alone. Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
If she's careful and keeps her rhythm, when she reaches a certain point the oscillations will reinforce each other, pumping energy into the stride and letting her run for long distances with less effort.

Except - shes a Jaguar Girl, not an oscillot.

(Adds a set of rubber fangs to the Pun Jar)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Seeing Monica with a permanent set of fangs will take some getting used to, at least for me. With Shelly, there was kind of a build up.

With M it's fairly abrupt, though to be fair, I'm relatively certain she feels the same way about it.

Another thought from yesterday, the " sub Titan " comment from the library. In aeronautics, technically anything moving slower than the speed of sound is " subsonic". A rock sitting on the ground for example, would qualify, but the term is usually reserved for aircraft that bump right up against the speed of sound, like most jet airliners.

The implications are that Monica is just short of Titanic power. In most interpretations of myth, Titans are a personification of some broad thing or force. Chronos embodies time, Bia embodies Force.

Gods, on the other hand, are more specialized, less powerful than Titans in the broad sense, but extraordinarily powerful in the narrow scope of their portfolio, like love or war...

Or being able to communicate with the dead and demons and walk in both worlds, for example.

I think maybe the title "Jaguar Girl" is much bigger upgrade than Monica realizes.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

CraigR wrote:Called it! :D
Yup. I was thinking : "Ooo, Somebody called it yesterday." but maybe thats just a 'Fight or Flight'response?
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

An interesting development. At any rate, Monica should now have a bit more compassion for Shelley's condition.
And, I've decided pointy teeth are hot.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game