All Fours 2013-01-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: All Fours 2013-01-03

Post by MerchManDan »

The Old Wolf wrote:And, I've decided pointy teeth are hot.
You're only deciding this NOW, Old Wolf? This has been fact ever since sharp teeth had been seen on Tina & the Golem Girls. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

One problem she'll have with running on all fours- her hind legs are too long. Her butt will be sticking way up in the air.

Also, will her tail show up tomorrow, or do we have to wait for next week?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Yamara wrote:No one's pointed out yet that Nudge is saying that she's never heard the Library speak except that once-- which makes it speaking an even more rare an occurrence, since Nudge was imprisoned there for untold years before Phix was assigned.

So I'm wondering if Nudge (or Paul) is counting this rejoinder as common, or as equally extremely rare.

Maybe Bibliothiki just vocalizes in Monica's presence. She's such a cwute li'l pootie-poot after all.

Maybe Bibliothiki is a crazy cat lady.
Maybe Bibliothiki just wants someone to talk to, but never gets the chance. Phix already knows where all the books are so she never asks, and Nudge probably never looks for books at all. And given Phix's propensity to eat or forcibly expel other patrons, Bibliothiki never gets to host any guests beyond Monica.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Nudge didn't hear it when Monica made the query at the Annex, so what she says is true.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Last time Nudge heard the Bibliothiki speak full sentences, it told her and Phix they were to play nice.

I'm thinking, meanwhile, that next walk through the park will result in Dietz being chased by a squirrel being chased by Monica, in a fit of four-footed frenzy.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Aleister Crow wrote:One problem she'll have with running on all fours- her hind legs are too long. Her butt will be sticking way up in the air.
You're right! Long legs just get in the way. They need to be much, much shorter.

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Opus the Poet wrote:And M is showing artifacts around her eyes much like Shelly does in mid-transformation.

And I was ninja'ed by NerfDweller by less than a minute.
And that eye-shadow is not totally new, the oldest I remember off-hand was when M got angry at Nudge and "killed" her.
Julie

Post by Julie »

MerchManDan wrote:
The Old Wolf wrote:And, I've decided pointy teeth are hot.
You're only deciding this NOW, Old Wolf? This has been fact ever since sharp teeth had been seen on Tina & the Golem Girls. ;)
Correction. It was fact ever since Gary Oldman played Dracula and showed off his fangs in young form. :)
CraigR wrote:Called it! :D
Either we're getting better at guessing where Paul's crazy tale will turn next, or Paul is just amused to play along with some of our more entertaining theories/ideas, because it seems like there have been more than a few "called it" situations in the last few weeks. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

I like that despite her deep visceral fear of Phix, that's the first person she cries out to when she's confused and freaked out.
ImageImage
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:Except - shes a Jaguar Girl, not an oscillot.
//wince//

Hell of a thing to read, first thing in the morning. Probably an omen that my day is going to be a difficult one. Yeah, it's a sine, I'm certain.
donoho

Post by donoho »

Yamara wrote:
zachariah wrote:M better be careful running on all fours unless she is wearing her super sports bra. Her rack could easily break her arms from momentum alone. Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
Compared to every other paranormal she knows, she is a kitten.

No one's pointed out yet that Nudge is saying that she's never heard the Library speak except that once-- which makes it speaking an even more rare an occurrence, since Nudge was imprisoned there for untold years before Phix was assigned.

So I'm wondering if Nudge (or Paul) is counting this rejoinder as common, or as equally extremely rare.

Maybe Bibliothiki just vocalizes in Monica's presence. She's such a cwute li'l pootie-poot after all.

Maybe Bibliothiki is a crazy cat lady.
My first thought on seeing panel 2: How the hell did she Not just Knock Herself Out? I'm going to assume the Super Sports Bra was doing it's job.

As for the Library speaking, I'm guessing sub-queries don't count. This message was unprompted and seemed to be over the "loud speaker", vs the volume for an individual response.
as363

Post by as363 »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
Yup. I was thinking : "Ooo, Somebody called it yesterday." but maybe thats just a 'Fight or Flight'response?

By the way - I noticed in today's paper that G.B. is issuing a set of stamps showing all the Doctors - along with a sheet of 4 - featuring his enemy's. You can pick it up for a few Quid I would think.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

NOTDilbert wrote:
zachariah wrote:M better be careful running on all fours unless she is wearing her super sports bra. Her rack could easily break her arms from momentum alone. Does this now mean that M will have a litter of kittens when she whelps?
If she's careful and keeps her rhythm, when she reaches a certain point the oscillations will reinforce each other, pumping energy into the stride and letting her run for long distances with less effort.

Except - shes a Jaguar Girl, not an oscillot.

(Adds a set of rubber fangs to the Pun Jar)
That one nearly sparked another crying jag. Or at least some very resonant groans.
[nudges over a double pendulum, trying to increase the chaos in the jar.]
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Aleister Crow wrote:One problem she'll have with running on all fours- her hind legs are too long. Her butt will be sticking way up in the air.
...I fail to see the problem.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Julie wrote:
Either we're getting better at guessing where Paul's crazy tale will turn next, or Paul is just amused to play along with some of our more entertaining theories/ideas, because it seems like there have been more than a few "called it" situations in the last few weeks. :D
Well, in that case, let me just say I can't wait to see M and Dietzel running on the beach together. Maybe he'll get over his problem with Frisbees if he throws them and Monica trots after them. ;)

(The other thing that keeps popping into my mind is Monica and Dietzel trotting along side-by-side, leash held in-mouth, the other wearing the collar and the tongue lolling out the side in the joy of the run. I just can't decide which is doing which. 0.o )
Dave

Post by Dave »

bmonk wrote:That one nearly sparked another crying jag. Or at least some very resonant groans.
Using up two pun genres at once, bmonk?!? :shock: Now, that's just being a cheeta, and I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't resent it! :cry:
Mother cheetah and three cubs, Lake Masek area, Tanzania, June 2012
Mother cheetah and three cubs, Lake Masek area, Tanzania, June 2012
lf15-l3028-fz35_jpg.jpeg (99.28 KiB) Viewed 9949 times
Lion, Lake Masek area, Tanzania, June 2012
Lion, Lake Masek area, Tanzania, June 2012
lf15-k4406-fz35_jpg.jpeg (68.9 KiB) Viewed 9949 times
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

And... i just thought of the best comic relief for this page,

but we need a very big laser pointer and to catch monica at the right time...

and behold jag girl weakness laserpointers
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote: And that eye-shadow is not totally new, the oldest I remember off-hand was when M got angry at Nudge and "killed" her.
And I am surprised that no one pointed out that the only other person with that type of eye marking is Bia herself. We already know from Paul that Bia made the spike and it has the Phoenix blood that allows Monica to resurrect, but maybe she added a little something from herself into the mix as well. The eyes just seem like a tell to me.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:And I am surprised that no one pointed out that the only other person with that type of eye marking is Bia herself. We already know from Paul that Bia made the spike and it has the Phoenix blood that allows Monica to resurrect, but maybe she added a little something from herself into the mix as well. The eyes just seem like a tell to me.
Ummm... true!

Actually, we don't know for sure that Bia herself isn't the source of the Phoenix blood. Paul has yet to clarify the position of the Phoenix within the Wapsiverse's mythology. Conceivably, the Phoenix could itself be a Titan, or even a pre-Titan progenitor figure... sort of a Personification of the primal Big Bang which (re)created the Universe.

Shelly and Bud did say that astral fire could be wielded by "Titans, and those with Phoenix blood"... I think we've been assuming that those are two completely separate categories, but that might not be the case. They might have meant "Titans (who naturally are of the Phoenix bloodline) and others who also have Phoenix blood."

Or, maybe not. Bia may have arranged to have Monica spiked with an amalgam of Phoenix blood and some of her own essence.

Either way, it's a really scary, ominous thought. A shredded fragment of an irresponsible, manipulative, heartless Titan, injected into our favorite Latina archaeology-historian. Bia frayed!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Hey, it's Pablo's Universe, we're just visiting.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin