Officially Recognized 2013-01-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Officially Recognized 2013-01-02

Post by zachariah »

themadkansan wrote:...M expresses fangs now. Interesting. :)
Well the cat is out of the bag, so to speak. It's offical now.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

KnightDelight wrote:The more I hear from the Library, the more it seems like a machine. I mean, energy probes? Detectors? It may have a degree of sentience, but it stills seems to be a machine.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Arthur C. Clarke

"The taste of our batter fried pollock is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Arthur Treacher

I think more the former than the latter...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

zachariah wrote:

The pun jar is hissing at you and making yowling sounds.

On a second read through of the comic, I have an irrelevant and somewhat juvenile observation to make. *ahem* Nudge's boobs are bigger than Monica's. Not proportionaly, perhaps, but in actual size, at least.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:
I'd be careful dumping a cat out on the floor in front of Nudge...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

zachariah wrote:
...Hopefully it's just fangs and not claws too, else Kevin's in for a =very= rude surprise at some point...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Yep, in this comic http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-she-needs/ M had baseline human dentition. so the "upgrade" took place in the Library (I would use the actual name but I don't have the Greek character map on my computer. I can see Greek characters, but I can't type them with my US English keyboard)
Actually, in the Nov 27 2012 "And the Horse You Rode In On' she had the fangs in the last panel.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Hanineal

Post by Hanineal »

themadkansan wrote:Actually, in the Nov 27 2012 "And the Horse You Rode In On' she had the fangs in the last panel.
Apparently she started manifesting them whenever she took on her Aspect and wielded her Attributes. Now they've become standard equipment with her upgrade.
What happens in the lab needs to stay in the lab... because it's such a bloody drag to have to rebuild civilization all over again.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Boxilar wrote: On a second read through of the comic, I have an irrelevant and somewhat juvenile observation to make. *ahem* Nudge's boobs are bigger than Monica's. Not proportionaly, perhaps, but in actual size, at least.
It brings a whole new meaning to the term pillow talk doesn't it. Actually they are smaller today than they were yesterday so don't put too much faith into their actualy size. When she takes human size they are not much at all. Take a look at when she showed up at Tina's that first time after being put back in the library.

I toss into the jar the lyrics for the song..Erin go bra.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

well she cant she say not been tagged by the library now.

since it just made her go jag when it was probing her.. i just hope she doesnt start to act like shelly when she was trying to control her sphinx part

i mean she was acting like phix but that was the pure animal of being brought to the extreme measure of calling out Monica on her abilities to truly manifest like they done in the past
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

LEVEL UP !!
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

I thought the library never talked. Something about this scenario must be VERY rare, even for immortals/supernaturals, for it to actually speak so directly. That or I'm just reading too much into Phix's past dialogue about the Library.

Speaking of speaking, did that line of dialogue seem a bit... SciFi-ish? Granted we have little to go on, but I pictured the library more otherworldy or mystic. Huh. Learn something new.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Makes me wonder: when she finally decides to get up, will she be be walking upright or on all fours?
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

CraigR wrote:Makes me wonder: when she finally decides to get up, will she be be walking upright or on all fours?
Not sure, but with a pillow like that I wouldn;t be in any hurry to rise. :)

Al
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

sonicthunder wrote:I thought the library never talked. Something about this scenario must be VERY rare, even for immortals/supernaturals, for it to actually speak so directly. That or I'm just reading too much into Phix's past dialogue about the Library.

Speaking of speaking, did that line of dialogue seem a bit... SciFi-ish? Granted we have little to go on, but I pictured the library more otherworldy or mystic. Huh. Learn something new.
Libraries need systems to both catalogue their holdings, and catalogue their users. These usually take different approaches. The One Library seems to have some ability to discern between living recording and its non-living output: After all, a brain could otherwise be considered a record, and if the Library could keep an indestructible copy of any brain in existence, it would be considered a very different place.

The fact that it doesn't have a sound recording section seems to indicate it is bound by imposed limits. Whether it grew independently or was made, its construction is highly ethical.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
as363

Post by as363 »

Fairportfan wrote:Wanna bet whether Nudge is going "WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT INTERROGATIVE"?

I don't know - every body has to trot their fox once in a while - or get their fox outta there ! DOUBLE INTERROGATIVE ..
as363

Post by as363 »

zachariah wrote:
Boxilar wrote: On a second read through of the comic, I have an irrelevant and somewhat juvenile observation to make. *ahem* Nudge's boobs are bigger than Monica's. Not proportionaly, perhaps, but in actual size, at least.
It brings a whole new meaning to the term pillow talk doesn't it. Actually they are smaller today than they were yesterday so don't put too much faith into their actualy size. When she takes human size they are not much at all. Take a look at when she showed up at Tina's that first time after being put back in the library.

I toss into the jar the lyrics for the song..Erin go bra.

Which - if I remember it right - starts with "Oile fi ne banrigan ne banrigan go brah !" It was the official drinking song for Queens University in Kingston Ontario Canada .
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Fairportfan wrote:Such language!
Yes, isn't it great?! ;)
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Isn't friggin a minced oath of fuckin? So... why mince one and not both? And thus M is saying "What the fuckin' fuck was that". I'd prefer that one.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Now that Moni has been upgraded, her Library Card had to be.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Ohnhai wrote:LEVEL UP !!
Yeah...I was wondering what level up music played in Panel 2. :) Was it the "Mario eats mushroom" sound? Or was it more of the percussive/aggressive Skyrim level up sound? :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."