Officially Recognized 2013-01-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Officially Recognized 2013-01-02

Post by Atomic »

And now, the sound of the Other Shoe dropping.

Stand by for Action!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Re: Officially Recognized 2013-01-02

Post by Fairportfan »

Such language!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...M expresses fangs now. Interesting. :)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Poor girl, she forgot that the Library is a sentient being. And now she has use of portals to other worlds as well as her teleporting. Talk about an upgrade.

:oops: I now know that I'm getting slow on the uptake. I took Monica's question as being what was speaking and not what just transformed her. :?: Probably means that I need sleep. :P
Last edited by Mark N on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Ooh, yah, that? That'll happen, eh.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Well at least is wasn't an anal probe.

And the Library may want to wash that probe. There's no telling where Monica's have been especially with that vocabulary.

And Monica's going to be asking some probing question about that probe. She's probe-bably has a lot of questions.

* drops a couple of logic probes into the pun jar.
Last edited by nerf-dweller on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, it's a transdimensional portal, sentient, a status-level tricorder, self-repairing, and a great place to find a recipe for Blutwurst!

Speak nicely to the Library, M, even if you are suffering from the traditional New Years Day hangover symptoms (e.g. teeth covered with fur). The Library is someone you really would want to be on good terms with.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

I was wondering when the library was going to issue Monica a new Multipass.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Panel two proves that even an entity like The Biblioteka forgets and puts metal in the microwave...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

The voice of the Library in this strip sounded like Majel Barrett Roddenberry in my head. So she basically been given passage to go where no Monica has gone before? :)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wanna bet whether Nudge is going "WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT INTERROGATIVE"?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Question#1: How many levels are there on that scale? Is sub-titan 1 down from the top? I up from the botton? Both?

Question#2: What are the levels of Nudge, Phix, and Shelly? Did Shelly ever have the same experience?
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Fairportfan wrote:Wanna bet whether Nudge is going "WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT INTERROGATIVE"?
Looks to calm for that, though she may be a bit surprised at the extent of Monica's new access privledges.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

themadkansan wrote:...M expresses fangs now. Interesting. :)
Yep, in this comic http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-she-needs/ M had baseline human dentition. so the "upgrade" took place in the Library (I would use the actual name but I don't have the Greek character map on my computer. I can see Greek characters, but I can't type them with my US English keyboard)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:
themadkansan wrote:...M expresses fangs now. Interesting. :)
Yep, in this comic http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-she-needs/ M had baseline human dentition. so the "upgrade" took place in the Library (I would use the actual name but I don't have the Greek character map on my computer. I can see Greek characters, but I can't type them with my US English keyboard)
Interesting indeed! It didn't happen when she was brainstabbed and received her Phoenix Blood infusion, or after she manifested astral fire (twice) and regenerated, or when she flipped her lid and poited Nudge into the volcano. So, having power wasn't the sole key (so to speak). It happened only after the crisis with Nudge was over.

Perhaps this indicates that at some level (intellectual and/or emotional) Monica has come to terms with her transformation?

After a good cry, and a good night's sleep, things usually do look different in the morning. Monica's universe may be looking very different!
Jabberwonky wrote:Panel two proves that even an entity like The Biblioteka forgets and puts metal in the microwave...
:lol:
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

The more I hear from the Library, the more it seems like a machine. I mean, energy probes? Detectors? It may have a degree of sentience, but it stills seems to be a machine.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

KnightDelight wrote:The more I hear from the Library, the more it seems like a machine. I mean, energy probes? Detectors? It may have a degree of sentience, but it stills seems to be a machine.

We are machines if you think about it. :geek: Sentience can be for things that are born of genetics or made from components so it does not matter. Life is life is life, how it comes to be is not so important. :ugeek:

(When our machine overlords come to claim this world they will see me on their side and let me live now) :roll:
Last edited by Mark N on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Wanna bet whether Nudge is going "WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT INTERROGATIVE"?
Looks to calm for that, though she may be a bit surprised at the extent of Monica's new access privledges.
Yeah, if someone was accessing THAT when i woke up, i'd be surprised, too.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Hazarding a guess, I'd say sub Titan is only a notch Down from Titan. The whole " can kill demi-gods" thing would imply that she's just below the heavy hitters on the power scale, and only just. I'd say she's probably close enough that with a judicious use of her ability she could challenge the big dogs on her own, to say nothing of the fact that she can call on Bud an Brandi at will, as well as Shelly, who is a Titan in her own right.

I'm fairly certain that if Nudge's deepest fear had been something that was lethal to her, she would have been killed.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Well... it looks like she got the job!... AND had to go thru the same kind of crappy situations that Agatha did, too...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac