Doggie Smell 2012-12-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Doggie Smell 2012-12-31

Post by Fairportfan »

What's happening with Lili?

And what happened to Suzi?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

all i can say is thbthbtbtbthb{motor boating} and i have to wonder how she ended up sleeping on nudge..
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:The one time i ran into him at a convention - twenty-plus years ago - i particularly complained that there REALLY needed to be a sequel to Pluribus ... and he told me that he had written one ... an editor wanted changes ... and he trunked it!

Arrrggghhh!
I think I like your take on the line a little better than the actual line. But to know a favored author has a sequel locked away because of editorial differences? Pure torture...
(it would be like smoothing out the crumpled wads from Mr. Taylor's wastebasket)
Or how about waiting on the last book of a trilogy that has been "pending" for about fifteen years because the publisher wanted other things from the author, and then the author got too caught up in her other projects and personal life on top of that...

As for today's page...highly amusing. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote: Or how about waiting on the last book of a trilogy that has been "pending" for about fifteen years because the publisher wanted other things from the author, and then the author got too caught up in her other projects and personal life on top of that...
Which would be?

(My guess would be something by Katharine Kurtz, but...)
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Must be comforting to Monica to know that SOMEBODY in the Wapsiverse* has boobs bigger than hers**.

* By this I mean the cast, not the population of that universe as a whole.
** Although it's not necessarily true once scale and proportion-to-body is taken into account.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
Julie wrote: Or how about waiting on the last book of a trilogy that has been "pending" for about fifteen years because the publisher wanted other things from the author, and then the author got too caught up in her other projects and personal life on top of that...
Which would be?

I've been waiting for Diane Duane to write "The Door Into Starlight" for at least that long... almost two decades, I think. Quadrilogy reather than trilogy, but it's the same idea... the promised end of the story hasn't been told :|
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

I certainly wouldn't mind waking up to that. Looks like Nudge make a good mattress anyway.
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

I could deal with everything except the doggie smell. I loved our Golden Retriever, but she was never allowed on the bed. On another note, has Nudge always been that "gifted"?
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I think we're seeing her "actual size" compared to Monica.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Well...

The year ends with a cuddle, and the new year will certainly bring more revelations. I can hardly wait...
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

The Old Wolf wrote:has Nudge always been that "gifted"?
Hhe is nine-feet-plus tall, and everything in proportion ... and if she still more-or-less matches Tina's proportions, well ... Tina is far from the least-developed (in proportion to overall size) of the cast.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Phix. Good morning, pumpkin. Did you sleep well through the apocalypse?

Monica. No, apparently I was on a living sheepskin r-- wait. Through the what?

Nudge. snxxx

Phix. It's 2013 already. Well, in Australia. Any New Year's resolutions?

Monica. How is that possible!?

Phix. The Library is in Limbo, dear, not affected equally by time, outside of Earth, all that. We thought it safest.

Nudge. zxx snrxxk

Monica. ...safest.

Phix. Breakfast is almost ready. Did you have any dreams?

Monica. I dreamt it was time to go to work.

Nudge. nxxsnx

Monica. And then I was Santa.

Phix. How nice!

Monica. But then, everything was slightly different... nothing looked the same...

Nudge. snt.

Monica. ...I was with Bud and Brandi... they were laughing... and I was getting frustrated... very frustrated....

Phix. ...Oh--?

Monica. There were all these bras on sale and none of them fit me!

Phix. Ah. All's back to normal then.

Nudge. (opens one eye)

Monica. You're one to talk-- and you already had your say! Go back to sleep.

Nudge. (closes eye) snxx.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yamara wrote:Nudge. snxxx
Nudge. zxx snrxxk
Nudge. nxxsnx
Nudge. snt.
Nudge. snxx.
And so say we all! :)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Monica. ... And then for SOME reason I dreamt I had to take a shower because I was married to some jokester covered in fur.

Nudge. sxnnxxkx

Monica. And... something, um... something about a, a, a . . . thermal detonator?

Nudge. yurshud getsum shampane

Monica. I should have some champagne.

Nudge. muvalong

Monica. Move along...

Nudge. sxnx
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Fairportfan wrote:
Which would be?

Melanie Rawn's Exile's trilogy is actually what I was referring to. I own the first two books. I read the first one before I knew that the third one hadn't been written and didn't even have a pending release date. I refuse to read the second one because A) I don't like waiting (I was pissed when I discovered that The Hunger Games was book one of a trilogy that wasn't finished yet...didn't touch it again until all three books were finished...and the only reason I could handle the HP series of books was because each book had some form of resolution/happy ending that made the wait bearable), and B) I was already informed that the second book ends in a place that isn't resolved/happy, and I don't want to have that feeling linger while I wait indefinitely for the third book.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ah. I gave up on Rawn a while back.
=====================
=====================
mike weber