Doggie Smell 2012-12-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TlalocW

Doggie Smell 2012-12-31

Post by TlalocW »

And the library saw its largest number of visitors that day... yet for some reason, no one was checking out any books...
MerchManDan

Re: Doggie Smell 2012-12-31

Post by MerchManDan »

Well, this must be a new sensation for Mon: Being the motorboatER, instead of the motorboatEE. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Well, they don't call them Pillows for nuthin!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Not quite a traditional sleep-over ...

... ending in not quite a traditional hang-over ...

Considering the amount of after-the-crisis discussion that's queueing up in the Library stacks and waiting to be introduced, it might be a good idea to see if Mucho Mocha is willing to deliver coffee by the gallon, and pastries by the cartload. Nobody should have to talk over life-changing experiences on a caffeine-free empty stomach!

"Flannel". :lol:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

I don't even know who to be jealous of. :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Much information today, Nudge's fur feels like flannel and smells, but not strongly, of canine (at least after a lava bath). This tells me that Nudge's fur is very short, fine, and extremely dense.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

The real question is how they ended up in that position? It can be taken in many different ways. I wonder how much Monica remembers? She's probably thinking what did I do now?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Goth Wolf

Post by Goth Wolf »

Oh that was worth the wait. Hilarious!! :lol:
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

zachariah wrote:The real question is how they ended up in that position? It can be taken in many different ways.
Considering that Monica is still clothed, nothing much can have happened.

Probably.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

I really can't think of a better way to wake up...........actually I can........but some of our readers are a might sensitive, so I'll refrain from posting. ;)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Zachariah wrote:The real question is how they ended up in that position? It can be taken in many different ways.
Right foot blue! Left foot red!

Is anyone else hearing "Brimful of Asha" by Cornershop? :P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

The best part is that this clearly makes Together fully canon.
rootwalla

Post by rootwalla »

Daww...
On so many, many, many levels :D
Now hosting a cocktail bar in the confusion corner.
Beware the Jar... Jar... Jar...
If you can read this... you're awesome, also way too close!
waldosan

Post by waldosan »

now that's something to wake up to XD!
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Haylo wrote:The best part is that this clearly makes Together fully canon.
Agreed. Now the question is "How will the strip spend the rest of the week?"

Looks like it might be the time for Monica (and us) to get briefed on her new status/job and see how Monica handles meeting the vamps. But It may be a while before we get to see Monica’s response when she finds out about McBride’s little foibles.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

There are no things man was not meant to know. There are, perhaps, things man is too dumb to figure out, but that's a different problem. -- Michael Kurland
I love that line. I've used it in a .sig before ... but i remember it a bit differently - something along the lines of "He did not believe there were Things Man Was Not Meant To Know. He was quite willing to accept that there were Things Man Was Too Dumb To Figure Out."

Quite willing to concede that i might have it wrong.

Mike Kurland is one of my favourite not-nearly-prolific-enough authors.

If only everything he writes didn't sound like the first of a series that never gets continued.

The one time i ran into him at a convention - twenty-plus years ago - i particularly complained that there REALLY needed to be a sequel to Pluribus ... and he told me that he had written one ... an editor wanted changes ... and he trunked it!

Arrrggghhh!
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
There are no things man was not meant to know. There are, perhaps, things man is too dumb to figure out, but that's a different problem. -- Michael Kurland
I love that line. I've used it in a .sig before ... but i remember it a bit differently - something along the lines of "He did not believe there were Things Man Was Not Meant To Know. He was quite willing to accept that there were Things Man Was Too Dumb To Figure Out."

Quite willing to concede that i might have it wrong.

Mike Kurland is one of my favourite not-nearly-prolific-enough authors.

If only everything he writes didn't sound like the first of a series that never gets continued.

The one time i ran into him at a convention - twenty-plus years ago - i particularly complained that there REALLY needed to be a sequel to Pluribus ... and he told me that he had written one ... an editor wanted changes ... and he trunked it!

Arrrggghhh!
I think I like your take on the line a little better than the actual line. But to know a favored author has a sequel locked away because of editorial differences? Pure torture...
(it would be like smoothing out the crumpled wads from Mr. Taylor's wastebasket)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Dave wrote:Not quite a traditional sleep-over ...
That's not a sleep-over, that's a sleep-on...
illiad

Post by illiad »

zachariah wrote:The real question is how they ended up in that position? It can be taken in many different ways. I wonder how much Monica remembers? She's probably thinking what did I do now?
remember this?? :)

waldosan: yep, that's where skinny girls lose out for me... waking up hugging a big soft, warm, sexy cushion is the **best** ;) 8-) :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D

... and yeah, I'll bet we get a week of 'alternate' storyline... :/
eee

Post by eee »

zachariah wrote:The real question is how they ended up in that position? It can be taken in many different ways. I wonder how much Monica remembers? She's probably thinking what did I do now?
Well, last we'd seen, Monica had passed out / cried herself to sleep laying on Nudge (and partially on Euryale's lap) following all the unpleasantness. From there to this isn't too far a step.

I anticipate a good deal of angst, possibly anger, and continuing distress and curiosity on Monica's part as to just WHY she went so far off the deep end. Fortunately, since she may consider herself reconciled with Phix, and Nudge is right there, she may get answers. Assuming she stays to ask questions and doesn't just POIT away.