Monica X Mas 2012-12-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TlalocW

Monica X Mas 2012-12-25

Post by TlalocW »

And if you're naughty... YOU GET POITED INTO A LIVE VOLCANO!!!

So be good for goodness sake. Ho ho ho...

TlalocW
Opus the Poet

Re: Monica X Mas 2012-12-25

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK pet peeve of mine: The Winter Fashion Victim. Miniskirts/dresses are cute, but if you're going to expose that much thigh in sub-zero (C) weather, she needs to be wearing tights. And I say that as a guy that wears man-tights in winter under shorts, but the shorts are just a place to have pockets (and hide the fact that I'm not a Ken doll). (I ride a bicycle for transportation in Dallas County TX, ain't no way I can hide the pair needed to do that under Spandex!)

Edit To Add: A nice pair of green tights to complement the red mini-dress would do the job nicely. And put some long sleeves on that dress!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!...oooh myyy. ;)

Say Paul, I've noticed this is the second time in as many weeks that we've seen Mon wearing her glasses. Should we expect them to make some more regular appearances? Is there a special request form one must fill, to make this happen? Just wondering.
TlalocW wrote:And if you're naughty... YOU GET POITED INTO A LIVE VOLCANO!!!
Only thing worse than getting coal in your stocking: Being coal in somebody else's stocking.
Opus the Poet wrote:OK pet peeve of mine: The Winter Fashion Victim. Miniskirts/dresses are cute, but if you're going to expose that much thigh in sub-zero (C) weather, she needs to be wearing tights. And I say that as a guy that wears man-tights in winter under shorts, but the shorts are just a place to have pockets (and hide the fact that I'm not a Ken doll). (I ride a bicycle for transportation in Dallas County TX, ain't no way I can hide the pair needed to do that under Spandex!)

Edit To Add: A nice pair of green tights to complement the red mini-dress would do the job nicely. And put some long sleeves on that dress!
I'm reasonably certain Mon isn't outside, nor does she plan on going there dressed like that. :|
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Leak

Post by Leak »

Was anyone else wondering for a moment who the "Mas" in the title was supposed to be? (I blame all the "A X B" fanshipping on teh intarwebs... :D)
as363

Post by as363 »

Fairportfan wrote:Yeppers,that's where Dru would hang her mistletoe...

And I've been practicing my tongue curls all year long ( now up to 4 oz.) . And Gary over at MAT showed me the "Swirly trick. That - combined with deep ear breathing 101 should suffice !
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Monica makes a wonderful Santa's Helper! Merry Christmas to all of you Wapsites! Thank you for brightening my life with your humor and intellectual stimualation. Merry Christmas to you Paul and thank you for your art and interesting story and cast of characters. It is much appreciated!
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

as363 wrote:
And I've been practicing my tongue curls all year long ( now up to 4 oz.) . And Gary over at MAT showed me the "Swirly trick. That - combined with deep ear breathing 101 should suffice !
To sleep, perchance to dream -- the life of a Succubus...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Funny that there are as many comments on today's Pibby with Dru's very unsurprising choice of mistletoe location...

...that said, I would totally take her up on it!

Joyeux Noël à tous! Je vous souhaite une bonne santé et de bonheur...

(My French is coming along nicely, thanks to Google Translate!!)
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Helllll-o, Ms Claus!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

txmystic wrote:Joyeux Noël à tous! Je vous souhaite une bonne santé et de bonheur...

Joyeux Noël à tous! Je vous souhaite une bonne santé et du bonheur...
There. That's better. :)
alj_ws

Post by alj_ws »

lake_wrangler wrote:
txmystic wrote:Joyeux Noël à tous! Je vous souhaite une bonne santé et de bonheur...

Joyeux Noël à tous! Je vous souhaite une bonne santé et du bonheur...
There. That's better. :)
Well, in french customs, wishing well are strictly not to be done before newyear ;)
Doing it before is thought to be about as unlucky as stepping up on the left foot a friday 13th under a ladder while a black cat scratch itself on you, this while you drop your grandmother mirror and it breaks in 1001 shards :twisted:
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

alj_ws wrote:Well, in french customs, wishing well are strictly not to be done before newyear ;)
C'est drôle, je ne le savais pas...
Funny, I was not aware of that... :?

If that is so, then strictly speaking, one could never wish well, for the length of time it takes to say it, the "newyear" has already been started and you are, therefore, "before" the next newyear... No? :P
alj_ws

Post by alj_ws »

lake_wrangler wrote:
alj_ws wrote:Well, in french customs, wishing well are strictly not to be done before newyear ;)
C'est drôle, je ne le savais pas...
Funny, I was not aware of that... :?

If that is so, then strictly speaking, one could never wish well, for the length of time it takes to say it, the "newyear" has already been started and you are, therefore, "before" the next newyear... No? :P
c'est peut être régional, mais c'est la tradition que j'ai appris en Rhones-Alpes. Maybe regional but it is the custom i learned in Rhone-Alpes

no, during the whole month of january it's ok
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

alj_ws wrote:c'est peut être régional, mais c'est la tradition que j'ai appris en Rhones-Alpes. Maybe regional but it is the custom i learned in Rhone-Alpes

no, during the whole month of january it's ok
Color me interested... I guess I'll go to sleep less stupid, tonight...