Trouble in Minnesota?

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Danzier

Trouble in Minnesota?

Post by Danzier »

I hope I'm putting this in the right place...

I usually use IE to read the comic (Stop criticizing me, I have reasons!) and as of Thursday, none of the art shows up.

It shows up just fine in Firefox.

Is this a problem with IE (needs updates, got updates, whatever) or a code problem? Any chance of it getting fixed?

Thanks!
Knowing you'll get a second chance does not justify purposely screwing up the first one. --Me
Dave

Re: Trouble in Minnesota?

Post by Dave »

There may be a problem with the site main page HTML, possibly due to an ad insertion. The W3C validator says that there's an unclosed HTML comment block inside of a script tag. This seems to be causing at least some versions of IE to ignore part of the page contents. Firefox, Chrome, and Safari seem to recover from it successfully.

"Friends don't let friends drive IE." :twisted:
Danzier

Post by Danzier »

Ah. Ok. Thanks for checking.
Dave wrote: "Friends don't let friends drive IE." :twisted:
Ok, here's my keys...
qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./ :P

:D
Knowing you'll get a second chance does not justify purposely screwing up the first one. --Me
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Danzier

Post by Danzier »

Danzier wrote: It shows up just fine in Firefox.
illiad

Post by illiad »

first, if you are one who HAS to use IE due to it being a company pc, who are paranoid and clueless so set the company policy to only use IE.....
.... type 'portable browser' into google.. you will find many ways of putting a better browser onto USB, without scaring the boss!! :mrgreen:
(BUT! do note that the latest IE **does** have an adblocker for it!!! 8-) )

I use FF adblock, that solves most probs... its a shame that a *lot* of websites use the same company for their **dubious ads on dubious sites** that is used on my many comics, hifi, tech sites.... :( :( otherwise I would not have problems... {shrug}

Advertisers, FF adblock even has an acceptable-ads mode (click > filter prefs, filter subscription) :) you know it makes sense... :)
https://adblockplus.org/en/acceptable-ads
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Well I just realized that I have the problem with Wapsi on my phone, and I can't change the browsers on it so I just have to hope that the webmaster can fix the glitch soon (it is the only way I can get my Wapsi fix when I am on the road)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

I had just figured that the last big security update for W7 changed something in IE9 having to do with the security weaknesses re: Gifs and custom fonts. I went ahead and changed to FF. Can't tell if I like it better yet, or not...
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Y'know, I try and try to remain loyal to IE, no matter how many complaints I hear about it. But when stuff like this happens.... :| Well, I already use Chrome for watching videos & Firefox for Facebook. Using one of them for webcomics isn't that big of a deal.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

NOTDilbert wrote:I had just figured that the last big security update for W7 changed something in IE9 having to do with the security weaknesses re: Gifs and custom fonts. I went ahead and changed to FF. Can't tell if I like it better yet, or not...
The patch that broke things this past Patch Tuesday had to do with font rendering - Open Type fonts, as i recall.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Paul has fixed! We <3 Paul!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville