Business As Usual 2012-12-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Danzier

Re: Business As Usual 2012-12-21

Post by Danzier »

Ok, I'm officially a dork...
Posted a new topic about "why's it broken?" and THEN read the day's chatter.
/facepalm
Knowing you'll get a second chance does not justify purposely screwing up the first one. --Me
Danzier

Post by Danzier »

CPUGuy1 wrote:.
. Oh, Dang! I missed "The End Of The World!"

Pfft! What do Mayans know, any ways.

Apparently, not to build calenders that are reusable. "Hey boss, how long does this go?" "Go to the edge of this rock, Benny, and then we'll get you another." 2 months later:"Look, boss, I made another!" "Ack! Benny, you were supposed to continue the first one! Now the jaguars will eat us in 2012!" "Awww..."
Knowing you'll get a second chance does not justify purposely screwing up the first one. --Me
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Well on my computer I can see the comic fine using Opera. On my phone I can't using Opera, but can using Safari. I usually don't use Safari. :(
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Leak wrote:
Dave wrote:The checker at validator.w3.org finds a bunch of errors in the main wapsisquare.com page. The most serious (I suspect) is down near the end of the report... a Javascript section which has a start-comment but no corresponding end-comment. This may be confusing some browsers, in effect "commenting out" part of the page contents and preventing it from rendering.
Yeah, just noticed that myself - the Google ad script block has an HTML comment ('<!--') right after it's opening script tag (which is for ancient browsers that don't know what a script tag is - are those even around anymore?) but is missing a line like '//-->' (which is a JavaScript comment containing the HTML comment end marker) before the closing '</script>' for the block...

Anyway - if the Google ad code is somehow added by a Wordpress plug-in it's that plug-in that needs to be fixed; removing the Google ads for the time being would also fix it... (and no, since that's a bug in the very HTML code that's produced for the page installing an Adblocker for IE is not going to fix it...)
Well done! Congratulations! You both win a Squashed Bug award!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

Here I am on Sunday - and no one else - not even a Google Bot . I'll repeat this tomorrow - Folks the least you can do is come by and click the "Vote" button to keep Pauls numbers up. Oh well - Merry Season to all - and to all a good morning.
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

I'm also missing the Main Graphic on Wapsi, and found it again on Firefox; but since my system has been blocking a lot of sites recently (without my permission) I didn't realize this was happening to everyone.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Okay folks, I had tried fixing an issue with Google ads not loading correctly and accidentally deleted the "//-->" from the Google code. I've added it back in, please let me know if this has helped. =)
Royisdancing

Post by Royisdancing »

Paul
That worked, the main panel came up in IE9. Thanks. Keep up the good work.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Thank you so much Paul. My phone browser now gets the site again. You are the best.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Wapsi wrote:Okay folks, I had tried fixing an issue with Google ads not loading correctly and accidentally deleted the "//-->" from the Google code. I've added it back in, please let me know if this has helped. =)

I laugh at your flailings, as I was reading the site on FF and never knew there was a problem.

(Thanks, Paul)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

as363 wrote:Here I am on Sunday - and no one else - not even a Google Bot . I'll repeat this tomorrow - Folks the least you can do is come by and click the "Vote" button to keep Pauls numbers up. Oh well - Merry Season to all - and to all a good morning.
I'll have you know, sir, that I always visit the main site before coming here, explicitly to click the topwebcomics link. The only thing stopping me from voting more often is the 24-hour restriction. Just because the forum is empty, this doesn't mean people aren't reading the comic.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Depends on how many different logister units I can get my hands on. Some days I can vote four or five times.

"Vote early and vote often." - John Van Buren
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hm, true. I have a couple of old desktops I don't use anymore; conceivably, I could vote three times a day.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Thanks Paul!
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

No, no, we should definitely thank Monica.

And Bud.

And Shelly.

And Brandi - it was her idea.

Oh, and Jin for the logistics.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

MerchManDan wrote:Hm, true. I have a couple of old desktops I don't use anymore; conceivably, I could vote three times a day.
Only if they are on separate networks. Sorry.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.