Latte Popsicle 2012-12-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Late Popcicle 2012-12-17

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote: Well, it wasn't quite a traditional use of the term. If I'd been speaking in Formal High Hacker, I would have said "I suspect that Paul frobnicated the page with a larger PayPal donation button, and that this led to lossage in the formatting. He may have neglected to recompile the world and smoke-test the appearance."

README: Following these links brings a serious risk of an archive dive. It might be wise to order up a rotary debugger before beginning.

:twisted:
Dear Dog, I forgot all about hacker speak :shock: . (I have only been listening to it since it was created in the Apple II era and the birth of Crystal Palace BBS {I feel so OLD. :roll: })
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

NOTDilbert wrote: Just as long as that's NOT Yelling Bird. Had enough of that for the....well, pick a unit of time. Go Long.

Whole-heartedly agree!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:I suspect that the presence of the larger PayPal donation button has frobnicated the page formatting.
I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time I've been frobnicated...
Well, it wasn't quite a traditional use of the term. If I'd been speaking in Formal High Hacker, I would have said "I suspect that Paul frobnicated the page with a larger PayPal donation button, and that this led to lossage in the formatting. He may have neglected to recompile the world and smoke-test the appearance."

README: Following these links brings a serious risk of an archive dive. It might be wise to order up a rotary debugger before beginning.

ALL PART OF BRANDI'S PLAN.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

jwhouk wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote: Just as long as that's NOT Yelling Bird. Had enough of that for the....well, pick a unit of time. Go Long.
You had to go out and get your own dicksissel, didn't you?
I do't mean to imply that I don't like the QC comic, I do - Bt I work in a hospital call center, and some people think the first person they talk to is the one they need to yell at....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:I suspect that the presence of the larger PayPal donation button has frobnicated the page formatting.
Well, it wasn't quite a traditional use of the term. If I'd been speaking in Formal High Hacker, I would have said "I suspect that Paul frobnicated the page with a larger PayPal donation button, and that this led to lossage in the formatting. He may have neglected to recompile the world and smoke-test the appearance."

Oh, hey! It turns out I have been frobnicated before... :D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

Oh, wow, the jargon file. That takes me back a ways...

I just hope your water-powered supercomputer doesn't dump core...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"