Page 1 of 1

What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:44 am
by Dave
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-bikinis-do/

"Ok, bikini... you have just one job to do..."

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:24 am
by Drakkenmensch
Castela.exe has encountered an error and needs to restart.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:21 am
by thehappyman
There's a lesson for everybody hear. Always have a backup.

So improvised bikini then maybe? However I seem to remember that the portal can be some distance above the sea. This could all go very well.

But hang on it's Thursday. So that's it until at least Monday. Oh bother.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:46 am
by ziggy78eog
Shawna is so wise beyond her years. She knows that bikinis are there for one purpose, and one purpose only, and that is to turn the hormones on to 11.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
by Atomic
"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........


There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am
by Drakkenmensch
Atomic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........


There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....
This is why the remaining first edition Charizard cards are worth so much.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm
by Catawampus
"Here, wear this raincoat instead. It's waterproof!"
Drakkenmensch wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am
Atomic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........


There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....
This is why the remaining first edition Charizard cards are worth so much.
I wonder how many parents now obsessively hoard all of their kids' outgrown toys and things.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm
by Drakkenmensch
Catawampus wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm
"Here, wear this raincoat instead. It's waterproof!"
Drakkenmensch wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am
Atomic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........


There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....
This is why the remaining first edition Charizard cards are worth so much.
I wonder how many parents now obsessively hoard all of their kids' outgrown toys and things.
Those parents would be those who lost priceless antiques through careless parenting themselves. "Mom threw out my Action Comics #1, I will never throw out my kid's Collector's Item Captain America Says Hail Hydra comic!"

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm
by AnotherFairportfan
Atomic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........


There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....
My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.

At least i found the scan of the front that i did when i was looking for something else altogether on the computer the other day:

Image

"Three moves equals one fire,"

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:08 pm
by thehappyman
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm
My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.
Well there's a bit of common ground/field. ( I had assumed the Fairport in your 'name' was a town or team, not that bunch of aging folk rockers.)

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:54 pm
by TazManiac
I know I keep bringing this song back up, it's certainly heavily relying on studio production tricks, but it's what popped in my head for Shawna in panel one...

https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty-fre ... f-the-game

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:27 pm
by AnotherFairportfan
thehappyman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:08 pm
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm
My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.
Well there's a bit of common ground/field. ( I had assumed the Fairport in your 'name' was a town or team, not that bunch of aging folk rockers.)
"Fairport" actually was the name of founding member Simon Nicol's house in London's Muswell Hill neighbourhood - a couple of blocks from where Ray and Dave Davies, founders of the Kinks, grew up - where they got together to plan the band - hence "Fairport Convention"...

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:24 am
by Dave
Atomic wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am
"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........
"Well, mom, those were worth enough on the nostalgia-collectors market that I was counting on being able to sell them to pay my tuition for the next couple of quarters."

It might not be true, but who can pass up the opportunity for a good reverse parental guilting? 8-)

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:30 am
by Typeminer
A lot of my furniture and some of my kitchen gear originally was my great-grandmother's. My dad said that his mom's family never threw away a single damned thing in 60 years--except his antique marbles and baseball cards. :mrgreen:

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:39 am
by Drakkenmensch
Typeminer wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:30 am
A lot of my furniture and some of my kitchen gear originally was my great-grandmother's. My dad said that his mom's family never threw away a single damned thing in 60 years--except his antique marbles and baseball cards. :mrgreen:
This is not a new thing either. When I was in high school (and that was back in the 80's!) my best friend's dad told me that while he was away for his military service, his mom threw out all of his comics, including a full run of the original Captain Marvel comics. Yes, the pre-Shazam Fawcett comics.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:48 pm
by Opus the Poet
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm

"Three moves equals one fire,"
By that standard I have had 9 fires. Not counting the time Mrs the Poet set the kitchen on fire.

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:01 am
by lake_wrangler
Talking about collectibles, my mom just recently mailed me some DVDs back which I had lent her some time ago, among which was the movie Blast From The Past, with Brendan Fraser. I just watched it, after getting home from work. It was still as amusing and entertaining as the first time I watched it.

This time around, I did notice that the sleazy ex-boyfriend of Alicia Silverstone was played by Nathan "Captain Hammer" Fillion...