Now What 2012-12-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Now What 2012-12-14

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:How do you pronounce Suse? Is it a variation of Suzie like "Soos-e" instead of "Sooz-e" or more like "Soos?"
I'd guess the latter; a diminuitive/nickname.

(Of course, there was an acquaintance of mine who miswrote/typoed/something his name as "Stven" and decided he liked it and has been writing it that way for forty-plus years...)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I'm going with 'Sues'. Like shoes without the 'huh'.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:How do you pronounce Suse? Is it a variation of Suzie like "Soos-e" instead of "Sooz-e" or more like "Soos?"
I'd guess the latter; a diminuitive/nickname.

(Of course, there was an acquaintance of mine who miswrote/typoed/something his name as "Stven" and decided he liked it and has been writing it that way for forty-plus years...)
My given name is Stephen, pronounced Steven. When someone calls me Stefawn or Stefen, I correct them with 'Just like it's spelled, Step-hen.'
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That's actually a hand-hold for vertically-challenged individuals to be able to climb up into the driver's seat of said Econoline van. (Don't deny it, Pablo - you can hide the oval with the one MiB's right sleeve but you can't hide the distinctive grill and the general ubiquitousness of Ford vans in use by the gummimint.)

And MiB #2 that's near the passenger's door is apparently speaking into a walkie-talkie/PTT phone.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:That's actually a hand-hold for vertically-challenged individuals to be able to climb up into the driver's seat of said Econoline van. (Don't deny it, Pablo - you can hide the oval with the one MiB's right sleeve but you can't hide the distinctive grill and the general ubiquitousness of Ford vans in use by the gummimint.)

And MiB #2 that's near the passenger's door is apparently speaking into a walkie-talkie/PTT phone.
Geeze. Mundane mindset, much?
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

...and then, of course, there's Suzzy Roche, who pronounces it like "sudsy" without the "D" sound.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Theodemus wrote:Hello crowd, first time poster here.

That's quite the cliffhanger today - what, indeed, did she do?

Or perhaps one should say, what did happen? Because somehow I can't shake off the feeling that it could be McBride under that blanket and "Jane Doe" will be missing...

But perhaps I'm looking too hard for plot twists now. :mrgreen:
Ooo, that would be a good plot twist. And it would explain all the heavies standing around in what should be a simple transportation of a body.
what i find interesting is that no-one has yet commented on the two guys actually moving the gurney... they look to be wearing some kind of EOD bomb gear, or maybe those K9 unit training "Red-man" suits. especially the one on the right, those do NOT look like ordinary suits, not with the bulk of "stuff" up around the neck... the other two look like standard "keep the onlookers away" mooks.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

scantrontb wrote:what i find interesting is that no-one has yet commented on the two guys actually moving the gurney... they look to be wearing some kind of EOD bomb gear, or maybe those K9 unit training "Red-man" suits. especially the one on the right, those do NOT look like ordinary suits, not with the bulk of "stuff" up around the neck... the other two look like standard "keep the onlookers away" mooks.
Probably hazmat coveralls.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Well, these days, if you're moving a body that presents unusual circumstances, you assume the worst, contagion-wise.

Actually, i'd expect them to be wearing some form of mask, as well, now that you mention it.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jabberwonky wrote:My given name is Stephen, pronounced Steven. When someone calls me Stefawn or Stefen, I correct them with 'Just like it's spelled, Step-hen.'
wikipedia to the rescue???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen

if you do mean 'step {pause} hen' then most English will find it very difficult to say... :? :oops:
... and do note, us poor native english are NOT 'taught proper english' .. :( :(
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:My given name is Stephen, pronounced Steven. When someone calls me Stefawn or Stefen, I correct them with 'Just like it's spelled, Step-hen.'

if you do mean 'step {pause} hen' then most English will find it very difficult to say... :? :oops:
... and do note, us poor native english are NOT 'taught proper english' .. :( :(
Yes, with the pause. Step. Hen. And then enjoy the looks of confusion. :P
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Jabberwonky wrote:
illiad wrote:

Yes, with the pause. Step. Hen. And then enjoy the looks of confusion. :P
Sounds like what you get when a rooster remarries.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!