Now What 2012-12-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
The Old Wolf

Now What 2012-12-14

Post by The Old Wolf »

There's another fine kettle of fish you've gotten us into...
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Opus the Poet

Re: Now What 2012-12-14

Post by Opus the Poet »

Ninja'd by Old Wolfe by less than 60 seconds...

Original comment, At least Suzie was properly disposing of the body.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

So Jane is going into storage somewhere safe, and Suzi is off to the races! I wonder how soon she will cross paths with Jaguar Girl?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Why is shotgun side MIB eating a fudgecicle?

Nevermind, answered my own question - why would you NOT eat a fudgecicle?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

He's taking an iPhone close-up of his tongue...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Well, we know who's good cop and who's bad cop.
Dave

Post by Dave »

My first thought in seeing this, was that Pratt is clearly looking for trouble. She's absolutely inviting it.

I mean... carrying what look like two full beverage cups (possibly hot) by holding them by the lids?!?

Not a good idea at all. You're just begging to have parboiled feet (or sugary-beverage-soaked socks, or bloodstained toes, depending on your beverage of choice) when the weight of the liquid pops the lids right off of the cups and they go kersploosh.

Not the best way to make a positive impression on a dapper Man In Black. Yeah, it looks rather cool and insouciant when you're carrying them along, but you can't get away with this forever, and it will end badly.

Just use the cardboard cup-insulators... they're provided for a good reason. :roll:
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Looks like she has not gotten into Suzi's little hobby. But now I see what Tsillah meant by "we will cover things up for you". I am betting that she knew Suzi was trying to prevent more vampires and is all for it.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Dave wrote:My first thought in seeing this, was that Pratt is clearly looking for trouble. She's absolutely inviting it.

I mean... carrying what look like two full beverage cups (possibly hot) by holding them by the lids?!?

Not a good idea at all. You're just begging to have parboiled feet (or sugary-beverage-soaked socks, or bloodstained toes, depending on your beverage of choice) when the weight of the liquid pops the lids right off of the cups and they go kersploosh.

Not the best way to make a positive impression on a dapper Man In Black. Yeah, it looks rather cool and insouciant when you're carrying them along, but you can't get away with this forever, and it will end badly.

Just use the cardboard cup-insulators... they're provided for a good reason. :roll:
I carry hot beverages sort of like that all the time. Even without lids. I find I can carry the hot stuff better, with no problem of spillage or getting too hot in my hand, if I carry it by my fingertips down by my side (my hand over the opening). Not like she's doing it. I can keep better control of it than carrying it the normal way around the body of the cup or by the lip like she's doing. Of course, I can only do it with small cups since my hands are small. I try not to swing my arms, but have found I can just fine.

You know, you'd think they would do this sort of thing in the middle of the night. Or be more inconspicuous about it, like pretending to be movers moving a crate or a rolled up (body encased) rug. This will just start the neighbor's tongues wagging.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Theodemus

Post by Theodemus »

Hello crowd, first time poster here.

That's quite the cliffhanger today - what, indeed, did she do?

Or perhaps one should say, what did happen? Because somehow I can't shake off the feeling that it could be McBride under that blanket and "Jane Doe" will be missing...

But perhaps I'm looking too hard for plot twists now. :mrgreen:
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Mark N wrote:Looks like she has not gotten into Suzi's little hobby. But now I see what Tsillah meant by "we will cover things up for you". I am betting that she knew Suzi was trying to prevent more vampires and is all for it.
If you want to hide picking up a body, wheeling it out to an unmarked van surrounded by 4 obvious agents in black suits is a sure way to get it noticed.

A much better way would be to have a fake ambulance come screaming up the street with lights flaring and siren blasting, screech to a halt, everyone goes racing in, then a couple minutes later comes racing out with the gurney, loads, and leaves the same way. All everyone sees is a routine medical emergency, and it is quickly forgotten.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:My first thought in seeing this, was that Pratt is clearly looking for trouble. She's absolutely inviting it.

Heh. watch any institutional-setting-male-centric TV series (cop shows, NCSI, etc.) and see how many times you can tell by the way they handle them that the coffee cups are empty.

One of the tells is casually carrying them by the tops that way.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:Looks like she has not gotten into Suzi's little hobby. But now I see what Tsillah meant by "we will cover things up for you". I am betting that she knew Suzi was trying to prevent more vampires and is all for it.
Considering what Morgue Guy said and the way he said id, Suzi's been doing this for a while.

I'm surprised Lily doesn't already know, given that being cop partners is very often a closer relationship than being married.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
If you want to hide picking up a body, wheeling it out to an unmarked van surrounded by 4 obvious agents in black suits is a sure way to get it noticed.

A much better way would be to have a fake ambulance come screaming up the street with lights flaring and siren blasting, screech to a halt, everyone goes racing in, then a couple minutes later comes racing out with the gurney, loads, and leaves the same way. All everyone sees is a routine medical emergency, and it is quickly forgotten.
"Routine".

Yep.

About once a week at Suzi's place.

After three or four, nobody would pay any attention at all.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
Considering what Morgue Guy said and the way he said id, Suzi's been doing this for a while.

I'm surprised Lily doesn't already know, given that being cop partners is very often a closer relationship than being married.
It may not be 'Now what the hell did Suze do?!' as much as 'I can't believe she's doing it again!'
Danged ol' bleeding heart liberals natter natter grump grump...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Theodemus wrote:Hello crowd, first time poster here.

That's quite the cliffhanger today - what, indeed, did she do?

Or perhaps one should say, what did happen? Because somehow I can't shake off the feeling that it could be McBride under that blanket and "Jane Doe" will be missing...

But perhaps I'm looking too hard for plot twists now. :mrgreen:
Ooo, that would be a good plot twist. And it would explain all the heavies standing around in what should be a simple transportation of a body.

Of course it may be more than that anyway. Suzie said the body would be moved some place safe indicating there is some jeopardy associated with Jane's corpse. Thus a reason for the extra security. Will something swoop in and grab the body or will Paul carry on with the bloody carnage of the recent arcs and have everyone being horrifically slaughtered and Jane's body snatched? Or, for that matter, Jane rise and do everyone in. I have a sickly feeling one of the latter may occur. Hope not though. That would be a bit much. At least for me.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Theodemus

Post by Theodemus »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Or, for that matter, Jane rise and do everyone in. I have a sickly feeling one of the latter may occur.
That's exactly what I am half suspecting has happened. Look at yesterday's last panel. That somewhat ominous and creepy depiction of Jane's - apparently - lifeless corpse. That could be seen as the calm before the storm.

Then, today, next we have have this hard cut to a scene that suggests (at least to my eyes) that something may have gone horribly wrong.

I think there's a decent possibility that Jane has indeed risen - not neccessarily as a Vampire. I'm eager to see where this will lead.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Fairportfan wrote:"Routine".

Yep.

About once a week at Suzi's place.

After three or four, nobody would pay any attention at all.

yeah, but the neighbors will all start getting brain tumors from all the neuralyzer action going on. they ARE the MIB you know... :D
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I'm just tickled that someone in universe has jumped all over them conclusions the way some of us fans do. :P
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

I'm guessing that the MIB has cracked the Somebody Else's Problem Field Generator, and that's in the van.

Pratt's reaction is priceless.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"