Making Sure 2012-12-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Making Sure 2012-12-12

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:It kinda looks like Tuesday's strip was the only one out of sync, as it appears Suzi's hair is as messed up as it was when she got out of bed.
I think this is still before Monday's.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:It kinda looks like Tuesday's strip was the only one out of sync, as it appears Suzi's hair is as messed up as it was when she got out of bed.
I think this is still before Monday's.
I see two things about today's strip which suggest that it is after Monday's:
  • It would make little sense for Suzi to be enzyme-cleaning the blood off of a body, which she has not yet "bled out". She would only have to do the job over again, after the (messy) aftermath we saw on Monday.
  • Jane's body has a very clear incision in the neck, and yet there is no visible blood flowing out.
Both of these things say to me that Suzi "bled out" Jane's body overnight (we saw the end of this when Suzi awoke, in Monday's strip), we saw a brief flashback to how she ended up with this particular body at home, and today (after end of flashback) she is cleaning up after the blood-draining.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Quite possible.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

Yamara wrote:You mean... these new Mayan calendars?

And they say the bak'tun renews in nine.
nah, stone is FAR more durable!!! :) read the rest of arlo.... :P

and hey nobody noticed Ronald Weinland (it should have ended in may 27..) or José Luis de Jesús (it should have ended in june 30...) ??????

dont panic!!!! plenty of other forecasts to get paranoid about.... google has em all... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da ... redictions
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Okay, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation what she has to do this naked; I really do not care to know what it is, I am just sure that there is one.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Ewww! I got some on my clothes again!
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dr. Otter wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:As for "died of exposure" well, yeah, the perp a few strips back also died from "a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the head" too
IRL I am a medical examiner. While I would normally never falsify a report, I'll be damned if I'll ever sign a death certificate as "death due to Vampire attack."
This shows, despite your animalistic avatar, you are no fun.
;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote: IRL I am a medical examiner. While I would normally never falsify a report, I'll be damned if I'll ever sign a death certificate as "death due to Vampire attack."
;)
I'm lots of fun. I'm just inordinately fond of continued employment. "Death from spontaneous combustion" is risky too. Thanks to David Carradine, we can more safely diagnose autoerotic asphyxia now. Thanks, Dave, wherever you are.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote: IRL I am a medical examiner. While I would normally never falsify a report, I'll be damned if I'll ever sign a death certificate as "death due to Vampire attack."
;)
I'm lots of fun. I'm just inordinately fond of continued employment. "Death from spontaneous combustion" is risky too. Thanks to David Carradine, we can more safely diagnose autoerotic asphyxia now. Thanks, Dave, wherever you are.
See, again, it's this whole 'need to be employed to survive' thing that keeps the world from as much fun as it could be.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

ziggy78eog wrote:Okay, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation what she has to do this naked; I really do not care to know what it is, I am just sure that there is one.
Fairportfan wrote:Ewww! I got some on my clothes again!
Vincent: You sure this is absolutely necessary?
Mr. Wolf: You know what you two look like?
Vincent: What?
Mr. Wolf: Like a couple of guys who just blew off somebody's head.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

You know, looking at the strip again, it seems that Paul used actual photos for the background. I wonder if we are getting a glimpse of the Taylor's bathroom here?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
The Old Wolf wrote:I'm confused. The strip from two days ago, "Morning," seems out of order. This is one I'll just have to wait on and see what happens. Interesting new storyline, though.
It is out of order. Tuesday's strip was a flashback which, in proper sequence, would have preceded Monday's strip. Today's strip would follow Monday's.
There's also the issue that we may have come farther forward in time past their invitation to MIB. Note McBride has an ongoing relationship with the Hennepin coroner, but they'd only been in Minneapolis a short time when they'd run into Monica.

Although that 'short time' is relative to other flashbacks as well. Vampires and their dramatic memories wreak such havoc with maintaining diaries.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Jabberwonky wrote: See, again, it's this whole 'need to be employed to survive' thing that keeps the world from as much fun as it could be.
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah and the whole 'take too many risks, eat all the **wrong** stuff just for fun.... and you end up paraplegic or dead' sure ruins it a bit, too!!!! :mrgreen:
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dr. Otter wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
;)
Instead of "Vampire Attack," wouldn't that be "Exsanguination from puncture wounds to <name relevant blood vessel here>, with suspicious circumstances"?

I watch waaaaaaaaay too much CSI and other cop shows...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote: See, again, it's this whole 'need to be employed to survive' thing that keeps the world from as much fun as it could be.
:lol: :lol: :lol: yeah and the whole 'take too many risks, eat all the **wrong** stuff just for fun.... and you end up paraplegic or dead' sure ruins it a bit, too!!!! :mrgreen:
If hating broccoli is wrong, I don't want to be right. To compromise an old sayin'. :P