Transfer Student 2020-09-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Transfer Student 2020-09-30

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Transfer Student 2020-09-30

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Got ahead of me...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:33 am Got ahead of me...
By a full two hours! Paul has been posting this week's strips well in advance of his historical "local midnight" practice. I guess he's as eager to be back, as we are to see him return!

And what have we learned from today's strip? Well, this is the second time that Castela had been on the receiving end of a "You two are just too adorable together" reaction. The first time was when the Care Bears saw her at the mall with Atsali, years ago.

One wonders whether relationship-adorableness is something that was deliberately built into her genome, along with near-invulnerability and pew-pew plasma cannons. If so, will it be an attribute which will fade away and become soggy with age, or will it remain a CRISPR part of her psychological make-up as she becomes an adult?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:03 am or will it remain a CRISPR part of her psychological make-up as she becomes an adult?
The Pun Vault is calling your name

On another note, did anyone notice Something Odd about the transfer student? Like the bruises, abrasions, and bandages? The mind reels as possible backstories play out...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 amOn another note, did anyone notice Something Odd about the transfer student? Like the bruises, abrasions, and bandages? The mind reels as possible backstories play out...
She was transferred by UPS, and she forgot to add padding to the inside of the crate.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Wild guess: Deerwood Para High is in England, and the move to the US has pulled the rugby out from under her.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Warrl wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:53 pm Wild guess: Deerwood Para High is in England, and the move to the US has pulled the rugby out from under her.
Takes leather balls to make that joke. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I've come to the conclusion that we've been misreading Briar's statement.

She doesn't mean that she transferred from Deerwood Para High.

She means that she transferred from Deerwood Para while high.