Not Like I Was 2012-12-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: Not Like I Was 2012-12-11

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:Dang it all, Jabber! I just had to mouse-over to read the alt-text, and now I'll never be able to take that poem serious-like ever again!
In the Babylon 5 episode "Day Of The Dead", security chief Garibaldi is visited by Dodger, a marine who had been killed in action some time before.

Garibaldi: "Yeah, look, weren't you meant to bring back, you know, arcane knowledge from beyond the veil?"

Dodger: "No. All the arcane knowledge I've got I pretty much started out with."

Garibaldi: "Such as?"

Dodger: "Such as... All right, capers? Those little things they put on pizzas? Pickled nasturtium buds. And... any Emily Dickenson poem can be sung to the tune of 'The Yellow Rose of Texas'."

Later, Garibaldi has relaxed considerably and agrees to give it a try: "Because I could not wait for death, he kindly stopped for me..." And he laughs as he realizes it works.

(excerpted from Babylon 5 Universe, Season 5 trivia section)

That is, shall we say, somewhat less musically and culturally distasteful than the suggestion that the XKCD mouse-over provides :P
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Damn my imagination...I want a recording of the late George 'Goober' Lindsey reciting 'Death' to 'Yellow Rose'...
((but I am the same person that would use a time machine to produce an album of James Mason doing spoken word versions of Jimmy Hendricks songs...) they sound fuckingest cool in my head)

Edit: Or Jimi Hendrix even...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Jabberwonky wrote:Damn my imagination...I want a recording of the late George 'Goober' Lindsey reciting 'Death' to 'Yellow Rose'...
((but I am the same person that would use a time machine to produce an album of James Mason doing spoken word versions of Jimmy Hendricks songs...) they sound fuckingest cool in my head)

Let me up the ante -- Sidney Greenstreet (Casablanca, Maltese Falcon) as Obi Wan Kenobe, just to hear him say:

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. Muwhaw."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Atomic wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Damn my imagination...I want a recording of the late George 'Goober' Lindsey reciting 'Death' to 'Yellow Rose'...

Let me up the ante -- Sidney Greenstreet (Casablanca, Maltese Falcon) as Obi Wan Kenobe, just to hear him say:

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. Muwhaw."
:lol:

But I see him as more like one of the Hutts...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Atomic wrote:

Pizza The Hutt???
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

The Pun Jar has sent a representative to talk to you...
Pizzahutt.jpg
Pizzahutt.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 4311 times
"Mark N, mah bukee, keel-ee caleya ku kah. Wanta dah moole-rah?"
<Mark N, my boy, you dissapoint me. Why haven't you paid me?>
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Atomic wrote: Let me up the ante -- Sidney Greenstreet (Casablanca, Maltese Falcon) as Obi Wan Kenobe, just to hear him say:

::takes a knife to Han in carbonite... but after a few stokes throws it down in anger::

Apoo-teenay!

<It's a fake!>
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.