Morning 2012-12-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Morning 2012-12-10

Post by jwhouk »

Jin has a problem - she sees dead people.

LOTS of dead people.

The problem is, how do you tell them they're dead if Jin's the only one who can see them?

Solution: Monica.

Monica has a problem, though: She can see them, talk to them - but has no way of knowing who they are.

So how can she find out who they are?

Solution: A vampire who can find people with just a bit of DNA.

How do they get the DNA, though?

Hmm... Jin can bleed now. Wonder if it's all her own DNA in there...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

jwhouk wrote:Jin has a problem - she sees dead people. LOTS of dead people.
The problem is, how do you tell them they're dead if Jin's the only one who can see them?

Hmm... Jin can bleed now. Wonder if it's all her own DNA in there...
um... no... she only saw the dead people while whacked out in schizophrenia-land, once she got the relic installed, she is not schizo, therefore she doesn't see the hordes of dead people anymore, otherwise it would have been brought up WAY before now.

as for the DNA... sorry, but the only DNA that there is going to be in the clay she's made of is from her, Bud, and Brandy's bodies as they were burnt and scooped up to mix with the clay to form the Chimera... i have no idea why people keep trying to say that the ashes of all those people that the Chimera killed got "mixed up with theirs"... huh?! the Chimera was FULLY FORMED *BEFORE* it killed them, so how are those ashes supposed to have been "mixed in"?... nope, like the ingredients of freshly made Flan... all three GG's have all three girls DNA in each of them... it's the re-programming that Tepoz did that tells them apart from each other, otherwise they're identical to each other PHYSICALLY and the DNA that IS present is (as far as we know right now) meaningless for it designated biological functions...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...You obviously underestimate Pablo's powers of storyline whiplash. :D ;)
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Julie wrote:I've long ago learned to reserve judgement when reading Wapsi Square.
I meant to ask you about that, before... (There were some electricians working in the apartment earlier this week, so I had to disconnect the computer and move the desk for them to work around it, preventing me from using it until yesterday...)

So tell me: how far in advance do you have to make those reservations? Can they be canceled any time, or do you have to pay a penalty? And if so, what mode of payment do they take?

Do they have an 800 number, for you to make those reservations?

Meanwhile, even without making reservations, I'll make a PunPal payment.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Geez, I think I made reservations YEARS ago.

I can't even BEGIN to remember when I started reading this strip. Seriously.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Geez, I think I made reservations YEARS ago.

I can't even BEGIN to remember when I started reading this strip. Seriously.
Ditto. But i think it was before the GGGs were introduced - i seem to recall wondering what was up with that page of ominous silhouettes.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Only thing I remember was getting the first volume of Wapsi when it first came out. Whenever that was.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

It really stinks Paul hasn't been able to get the old comments working in read-only mode. I'd be able to then say around when I started reading because I started posting once I trawled the archive and caught up with whatever strip was then current. I haven't been around as long as some of you guys but Wapsi has become my primary residence online.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I've been around long enough that I participated in the discussion that initially dubbed "Doubt" as "acinoM".
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I didn't join the old forum till i'd been reading a while, so that wouldn't help place when i started reading the strip.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

shadowinthelight wrote:It really stinks Paul hasn't been able to get the old comments working in read-only mode. I'd be able to then say around when I started reading because I started posting once I trawled the archive and caught up with whatever strip was then current. I haven't been around as long as some of you guys but Wapsi has become my primary residence online.
Wasn't there someone here (or was it on the old forum?) that had some kind of a copy of the old forum and would do searches for people?
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ahem....

Keenspot Wapsi Square Forum (locked)
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

That's nice. What about the old Blank Label forum?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Some of it may still be available by the Wayback machine at Archive.org, but I don't have the lead-in URL for you. I have the impression Blank Label nuked the forum area after a year or so when PW moved sites. Not sure if any BL forum archive exists at BL anymore.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Julie wrote:I've long ago learned to reserve judgement when reading Wapsi Square.
I meant to ask you about that, before... (There were some electricians working in the apartment earlier this week, so I had to disconnect the computer and move the desk for them to work around it, preventing me from using it until yesterday...)

So tell me: how far in advance do you have to make those reservations? Can they be canceled any time, or do you have to pay a penalty? And if so, what mode of payment do they take?

Do they have an 800 number, for you to make those reservations?

Meanwhile, even without making reservations, I'll make a PunPal payment.
:P

And to answer your question, the people who take the reservations on judgement prefer as much advance notice as you can provide. However, they seem willing to make some allowances for people who bring Benajmins, cookies, or cleavage. I typically am capable of providing two of the three, so I'm on a special exception list for late reservations. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Julie wrote:And to answer your question, the people who take the reservations on judgement prefer as much advance notice as you can provide. However, they seem willing to make some allowances for people who bring Benajmins, cookies, or cleavage. I typically am capable of providing two of the three, so I'm on a special exception list for late reservations. :P
SHOOT! I'm out on all three counts!

Apart from the fact that I'd be more likely to carry a Sir Robert Borden ($100 CAD) than a Ben Franklin, I usually can only afford to carry some H.M. Queen Elizabeth II ($20 CAD), some Sir John A. McDonalds ($10 CAD), or some Sir Wilfrid Lauriers ($5 CAD)... in other words, not a very convincing reservation argument...

Cookies: I know how to cook them, but I'm on a diet so I can't take the chance of cooking them and falling into temptation, thereby eating half of them before they make their way to the Judgement Reservation Office...

Cleavage: I'm a guy. Nuff said.

I guess I'll just have to stand in line, just like everyone else...
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Cookies: I know how to cook them, but I'm on a diet so I can't take the chance of cooking them and falling into temptation, thereby eating half of them before they make their way to the Judgement Reservation Office...

I guess I'll just have to stand in line, just like everyone else...
That would be the thin-bread line, I suppose?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

lake_wrangler wrote: Cookies: I know how to cook them, but I'm on a diet so I can't take the chance of cooking them and falling into temptation, thereby eating half of them before they make their way to the Judgement Reservation Office...
Two dozen cookies from six dozen's worth of dough and frosting?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: Cookies: I know how to cook them, but I'm on a diet so I can't take the chance of cooking them and falling into temptation, thereby eating half of them before they make their way to the Judgement Reservation Office...
Two dozen cookies from six dozen's worth of dough and frosting?
And she's pinballing all over the strip, too.
=====================
=====================
mike weber