Morning 2012-12-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
waldosan

Re: Morning 2012-12-10

Post by waldosan »

^ *facepalm*

this is quite lovely in my opinion, just the kind of pick me up your budding vampire needs in the morning, i prefer tea but you know, to each their own.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Considering McBride has been doing this since at least the 1890's, she's hardly a "budding" vampire.

Looking closer, I'm very curious about the art print hanging in her bedroom. Not sure why. (also...are those SMURFS on her pyjamas??)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

MerchManDan wrote:(also...are those SMURFS on her pyjamas??)
Zooming in I'm pretty sure those are ducks wearing scarves.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Stroth wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:That's just... disturbing. :shock:
I know right? What kind of vampire hangs someone from their feet? All the blood's just pooling in his head. Hang by the wrists and cut the ankles, not the other way around.

true, the blood pools in the head, but there are advantages to it. All that's needed now is some kind of spigot with a tap and a sharpened pipe, jammed into the neck, piercing both carotid arteries.

Presto! Vampire beer-fest.

The original can be seen in a really disturbing horror-comic from the 70's (forgot the name. It was quite infamous at the time, The crypt-keeper rose from these comics), where exactly that happens to someone that gets into the clutches of some blood-drinker-cult.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

I'm fine with it as long as the victim is that one character from Shortpacked! doing an official cross-over.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

There's got to be a better way to do that. Seriously, look at how much blood was wasted, splattered on the wall and floor.
shadowinthelight wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:OK, on a serious note: Looks like McBride fell off the wagon. Prepare for debriefing.
She could be raiding morgues assuming in Wapsi continuity the blood of the already dead is not toxic to vampires.

On a less serious note, I will never look at donuts with cherry filling the same way.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Mmmmmm, YUMMEH!

So it looks like the man of the evening is hanging around for breakfast then....

Thank you! We'll be here all week. Please be sure to tip your waiters and waitresses. WE LOVE YOU TEXAS!!! GOOD NIGHT!!! \m/ XD \m/
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Jay-Em wrote: The original can be seen in a really disturbing horror-comic from the 70's (forgot the name. It was quite infamous at the time, The crypt-keeper rose from these comics), where exactly that happens to someone that gets into the clutches of some blood-drinker-cult.
The movie was: "The Fearless Vampire Hunters, Or, Pardon me, But Your Teeth Are In My Neck"
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
eee

Post by eee »

Unexpected color in the strip today. :shock:

What I find interesting is a vampire who feels the need to have a handgun on her bedside table. One would think anything a vamp couldn't deal with barehanded might not be fazed much by a .45 slug. But maybe they're silver bullets...
MerchManDan wrote:
Yeah, those eyeball-cat clocks creep ME out too. :?

OK, on a serious note: Looks like McBride fell off the wagon. Prepare for debriefing.
Well, she IS a vampire. This might be a common feeding practice, even among the best of them. I'm curious about who the 'donor' is.
MerchManDan wrote:Considering McBride has been doing this since at least the 1890's, she's hardly a "budding" vampire.

Looking closer, I'm very curious about the art print hanging in her bedroom. Not sure why. (also...are those SMURFS on her pyjamas??)
The wall hanging COULD be a city map...
Danzier

Post by Danzier »

And yet...

clear up until I read the forum I'd've sworn it was Amanda. Yes I know she looks nothing like Amanda.

Thank you all for claring up THAT little horror show for me.

:D
Knowing you'll get a second chance does not justify purposely screwing up the first one. --Me
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Somehow, I don't think Suzi likes her life.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Small continuity problem here. The alarm clock is on a night stand on the right-hand side of the bed (as seen by the sleeper). In the second panel, there is no night stand visible there, and there doesn't appear to be quite enough room for a hidden one. Oh, well, no big deal.

Had she been sleeping alone? It's a double bed, but hard to tell whether the covers on the other side are disturbed. Obviously it wasn't occupied for the whole night, but she had to have stored her groceries somewhere...
Julie

Post by Julie »

So much so that I had trouble logging into the forum after seeing today's page. :shock:
Yarner wrote:Making donuts at 4:30...? Does that mean that this is Becky?
Either way it's way disturbing
Aaand that was part of why I was disturbed. I was having trouble deciding if it was McBride or Becky because of the donut comment.
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Again? I never thought Wapsi would go the route of constant bloody slaughter. Yet now we have what seems to be the start of yet another bloody murder arc. One blood drenched episode after another. And making this victim another bad guy won't make it ok. At least not to me. If it were just the bucket of blood, fine, that could be supplied by the MIB for their nourishment, but the hanging body seems to indicate otherwise. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, I hope so. This is getting to be a bit much.
I actually feel similarly on this one (in spite of my strong stomach for gore and dark stories), but I've long ago learned to reserve judgement when reading Wapsi Square. Things are often not what they seem...and as shadowinthelight has already pointed out, she could be draining the body of someone who was already dead due to "natural" causes (and by natural I merely mean that the supernatural characters of this comic weren't in any way involved...not that it was a "died peacefully in their sleep" kind of thing).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
as363

Post by as363 »

NOTDilbert wrote:Okay those who predicted a light-hearted sequence, perhaps a date between Shelly and Justin - time to re-ink the Tarot cards, level up the Ouija Board, change the water in the gazing pool, and polish the crystal balls...... :shock:
Ain't nobody turning mine into crystal and polishing them !
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Julie wrote: Aaand that was part of why I was disturbed. I was having trouble deciding if it was McBride or Becky because of the donut comment.
The gun on the nightstand should have been a giveaway.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Atomic wrote:Somehow, I don't think Suzi likes her life.
Atomic, Suzi doesn't have "a life." She's undead, but of course you knew that. The vault is hungry. I do think Suzi isn't thrilled about her existance, though, but it beats the alternative.

Like someone else said, you hang deer upside down and pigs and when you gut the pigs you let the innards fall into a bucket... Suzi has gotten inured to this just like a slaughter-house worker, it's what she is. However, I'm wrong a lot of the time because Paul is good.

I don't think this scene is grisly just for the sake of it. It's letting us know a little bit about Suzi's existence beyond the fact that she's a agent/MIB. Sparkly vampires aside, traditionally vampires are terrifying and to anyone but our starring cast dangerous as all get out. I do think Suzi has a conscience and that is one of the reasons she went to prisons to feed. So who is the unlucky redshirt and should we feel sorry or glad about this? later scene *radio: "... and his body was found in a dumpster behind his apartment building. The victim was a suspect in numerous disappearances of suspected prostitutes. There has been no reported cause of death yet. In other news.." ?
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

I Hate Those Cat Clocks! Have no problems with the moving tail ... it's a pendulum (of course).
But the moving eyes!!! AND insync with the tail. Eyes look left - Tail moves left ... Eyes look right - Tail moves right.
Now change the order ... Eyes look left - Tail move right ... Eyes look right - Tail moves left. Hey! I can live with that.
Still do not know the reason ...

Has to to do with the counter balance of movement.
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

Note to self....never accept donuts from vampire cops or similar....
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Wdot wrote:
Atomic wrote:Somehow, I don't think Suzi likes her life.
Atomic, Suzi doesn't have "a life." She's undead, but of course you knew that. The vault is hungry. I do think Suzi isn't thrilled about her existance, though, but it beats the alternative.
I stand corrected: Somehow, I don't think Suzi likes her existence.

And, in the Pablowapsi legacy of leading us all off a cliff at 100 mph, only to land on a soft cushion, I really wouldn't be too surprised if tomorrow's tale went along the lines of:

Suzi: Good morning. Get out. Pay at the door.

"Victim": Yes mistress! (Scurries to grab clothing on way to exit)

Suzi (mumbling): What a mess. Bastard. Even if I raise my rates, there'll still be a waiting list. What a way to get breakfast.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Julie wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Again? I never thought Wapsi would go the route of constant bloody slaughter. Yet now we have what seems to be the start of yet another bloody murder arc. One blood drenched episode after another. And making this victim another bad guy won't make it ok. At least not to me. If it were just the bucket of blood, fine, that could be supplied by the MIB for their nourishment, but the hanging body seems to indicate otherwise. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, I hope so. This is getting to be a bit much.
I actually feel similarly on this one (in spite of my strong stomach for gore and dark stories), but I've long ago learned to reserve judgement when reading Wapsi Square. Things are often not what they seem...and as shadowinthelight has already pointed out, she could be draining the body of someone who was already dead due to "natural" causes (and by natural I merely mean that the supernatural characters of this comic weren't in any way involved...not that it was a "died peacefully in their sleep" kind of thing).
Two ways to look at it then mates.

1) Wapsi was never all that "clean" when it came to gore in its comics. Pretty much ever since Bud had her first Monica-induced flashback years and years ago. Jin slashing generic guards to ribbons (not the priests, that other time), Brandi's memories of burning alive, Tina 1.0's death and Shelly Cycle-1's death. Violent death doesn't just happen to "bad guys" in Wapsisquare, not is it a recent trend.

2) Consider the current arc's material. The animalistic nature of supernaturals, both to humans and one another. Phix's, Not-Brandi's and Not-Bud's dinner plans are going to be a prevalent in this arc, but probably far less in future arcs. To be honest, given the stories OfficerTB has hinted in his past, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a cameo for some vore or otherwise gorey-service before the current arc's complete.

Once the Monica-v-Phix and Vampire-introduction storylines resolve, I wager we'll see far less blood than we're currently seeing.

----------------------------------------------------

And now for something completely different.

Our on/off the wagon vampire needs to go on a horror movie binge. If you want the most out of your victims, you have to keep them properly stocked. Pump some fluids and vitamin supplements into him, and he'll bleed out far longer than just a simple flip & cut into a bucket.

Or maybe this is just a binge drink, and this particular subject actually got off easy.