What She Needs 2012-12-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Haylo

Re: What She Needs 2012-12-06

Post by Haylo »

Nudge might be on her knees. That works for adult humans hugging small children, and the proportions are about the same.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Not quite the "chesty mom hug" M gives, but the effect will still be the same.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

ziggy78eog wrote:Not quite the "chesty mom hug" M gives, but the effect will still be the same.
I was thinking the same thing. Nothing like a chesty mom hug.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
eee

Post by eee »

zachariah wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling we've just been taken though an intevention by M's fiends? If so it covered everything fom The Shadow, to the Cat in the Bath, Snakes on a Plane, and The sister hood of the taveling Pantless (at least 50% that is).
Actually, yes. Monica's been being put through a lot the past few days. First, Bud and Shelly show her - in a way that can't be disputed - that she is unkillable and perhaps immortal. Then Nudge and Co. show her how terrifying dangerous she can be if she doesn't control herself. All of this is an ENORMOUS amount to hit someone with; but the Denial side of the Force is STRONG in this one, and unless they can make Monica face reality there is considerable danger. I suspect Monica COULD have killed Nudge, if she knew how to use her powers fully. Instead, under the influence of her emotions and maybe demons, she lashed out reflexively and just gave her a bath. If Monica were manipulated or deceived into doing something bad, the result could be disastrous on a global scale. So her friends - and they ARE her friends, they all obviously care for her deeply - are trying to help...

Hopefully even such bull-headedness as Monica's softens in the face of this.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote: Then Monica's feet are about four feet off the floor - Monica's four-foot-not-much and Nudge is nine-foot-plus.
Nudge is 9 feet tall. Monica is4 foot 10. Last noticed bra size was 28J, but that was a while ago!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I think the important thing to take away here is that one of Monica's powers is to find a subjects worst fear then subject them to it. It's pretty clear now that Nudge played bait to set M off. For Nudge, her worst fear wasn't lethal to her. She hates it with a passion, but lava baths don't kill her.

If Monica had triggered on someone less immortal, their fear likely would have killed them.

As far as Nudge's size, she was human sized when she took her dip(5 and a half or so feet tall) and while she seems to have resumed her true shape, she appears to have remained fun sized. Even crouching, she should tower over Eyrale
Julie

Post by Julie »

ziggy78eog wrote:Not quite the "chesty mom hug" M gives, but the effect will still be the same.
My thoughts exactly. :) Nudge looks like a very good hugger (though it's debatable if she allows for more breathing than Euryale :P).
Boxilar wrote:I think the important thing to take away here is that one of Monica's powers is to find a subjects worst fear then subject them to it. It's pretty clear now that Nudge played bait to set M off. For Nudge, her worst fear wasn't lethal to her. She hates it with a passion, but lava baths don't kill her.

If Monica had triggered on someone less immortal, their fear likely would have killed them.
Killed them or made them catatonic due to complete mental breakdown (because unless you poit me into a place filled with poisonous spiders, I don't think surrounding me with spiders would kill me, but those creepy-crawlies are easily my biggest fear).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

On the whole size-issue. Tbh. It seems a bit moot, since Nudge can shapeshift, I wouldn't be too surprised that she could also "size-shift" to whatever size is currently neccessary and/or practical.

Remember that she most certainly wasn't 9 feet when she showed herself for the first time to Monica when still inhabiting Tina.

Btw. Can I have a Nudge-hug too? :P
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
as363

Post by as363 »

A nice way to lead into the weekend - where we all suffer cationic withdrawal symptoms .
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

as363 wrote:A nice way to lead into the weekend - where we all suffer cationic withdrawal symptoms .
eh - in my case, this weekend will be full of sorting everything I own into 4 piles: "Trash", "Donate", "Ship", "Move myself". Catatonia is not an option.

"Two moves equals one fire" - Twain - I really don't need half a fire right now...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

OUCH!

But hope she is getting better ...
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Okay, where's the line for Nudge Hugs?
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

At least she did not say "I farted"

As far as the size thing goes - I agree that M must be held off the floor at the moment as has been proposed already.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

all i can say since yesterday when my internet took a lava bath and crapped out, that this page made me go d'awwwwwwwwww, i think that has to be the most wonderful thing i seen to date from nudge aside from being carved out of stone..
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

To me, it seems Nudge is down to typical human size at the moment. Maybe her size as a human. If she were much larger than Monica her proportions would also be much larger. Like her head, for example. It's about the same size as Monica's. If she were 9 feet tall, it would be much larger than shown. Frankly, I'm not too sure I'd want a Nudge hug at any size. I just have the impression her fur is rough and scratchy.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Frankly, I'm not too sure I'd want a Nudge hug at any size. I just have the impression her fur is rough and scratchy.
I guess my reaction is a bit different. For me, a hug in times-of-trouble from anyone who is showing as much empathy and concern on her face as Nudge, would be quite welcome. Euryale was right... there's a lot of wisdom and compassion underneath that "loony mop".

It's going to be hard for Monica to forgive herself for "murdering" Nudge. An essential first step to that, is knowing that Nudge forgives her for what she did. If Nudge had done anything less than showing Monica real forgiveness and affection here, Monica might never have made it back out of the darkness.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Awww <3

Aaaand that's all folks! Tune in next week for Shelly and Justin on a date :'D Or Amanda and her eternal frustration with models!
ImageImage
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

We still have tomorrow, but I agree that Paul will likely start the next story arc, or he'll do one of the resolution pinups he likes after an emotional rollercoaster like this one.

And on a stating the obvious front, I just read back over the week thus far and realised Phix was being literal when she said they'd all breath easier. Nudge musta stunk something fierce before her bath, at least to a sensitive Sphinx nose.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Dave wrote:... For me, a hug in times-of-trouble from anyone who is showing as much empathy and concern on her face as Nudge, would be quite welcome. Euryale was right... there's a lot of wisdom and compassion underneath that "loony mop".

It's going to be hard for Monica to forgive herself for "murdering" Nudge. An essential first step to that, is knowing that Nudge forgives her for what she did. If Nudge had done anything less than showing Monica real forgiveness and affection here, Monica might never have made it back out of the darkness.
I wholeheartedly concur. There is a time for pushing and getting Monica riled up to let her see what she truly is, and there is a time for letting her know that all is still alright between them. Such is that time, right now.

Monica has been through quite the emotional roller coaster. It was necessary, in order to make her realize her potential so that she can work on controlling it. But now that that realization has been achieved, she definitely needs that hug.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Dave wrote:... For me, a hug in times-of-trouble from anyone who is showing as much empathy and concern on her face as Nudge, would be quite welcome. Euryale was right... there's a lot of wisdom and compassion underneath that "loony mop".

I wholeheartedly concur. There is a time for pushing and getting Monica riled up to let her see what she truly is, and there is a time for letting her know that all is still alright between them. Such is that time, right now.

Monica has been through quite the emotional roller coaster. It was necessary, in order to make her realize her potential so that she can work on controlling it. But now that that realization has been achieved, she definitely needs that hug.
Add to that, Monica is also processing the fact of Nudge "being" Tina 2.0 and providing critical guidance along the way. Somewhere I remember a line about Tina "confusing people into doing the right thing." That's Nudge to a T! In this case, her deliberate (apparent) self-sacrifice was leading Monica to something better -- the understanding of where and how she is in the scheme of things. She trusts Nudge, and Nudge trusts her. Once that bubbles to the top, things will get better for Monica.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff