Stay Safe 2020-03-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Stay Safe 2020-03-16

Post by Dave »

On hiatus for a week.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/stay-safe/

Would it be safe to re-activate the (virtual) Wapsi Square Clubhouse? or has that blasted coffee-maker become sentient and declared war on all biological beings?
lake_wrangler

Re: Stay Safe 2020-03-16

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, only if it attracts less than 250 people... gotta stay safe, you know...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Chris Hazelton, who does Misfile and 6 Gun Mage, was in Germany when the travel ban came down and just barely managed to get home - whereupon they were told they were quarantined in their home for two weeks.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I just read something (I think it might have been on Rolling Stone's web site) that ran down the basic steps we've been coming to know, but one thing struck me as important:

It's not just to keep ourselves from getting sick, it's about not affecting those who can't handle it as well.

I have a lot of surviving but Elderly folks in my circle I'd just as soon not sneeze on and thereby shorten their lives.
(I used to have a lot of Moms, I'm starting to run out...)

That said, let us not get hysterical about this. In fact, it's a good practice run for when & if the Real Pandemic breaks out.
I mean like the Spanish Influenza or 1918 or the Bubonic Plague.

This time around, even though every person passing is a tragedy, the total number is a small percentage.
It's going to really take it's toll upon the economic systems & people's stress/trust levels.

This is a time to reinforce your most Human self.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I posted this on Twitter but as many if not most of the group are sane enough to avoid that hell-hole I think it appropriate to repeat it here:

If you ever wondered what you would do in the first stages of a zombie apocalypse, look at what you're doing now. This is exactly how a zombie apocalypse happens, it's a virus that spreads through the population until a critical mass of infected people is reached, when all Hell breaks loose. We still haven't reached that critical mass with COVID 19. If we self-quarantine, practice social distancing, and act like we still have brains instead of eating brains, then we stand a really good chance of most of us surviving. :ugeek:
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

From my days in Britain during a public health scare...
First Cow - What do you think of this Mad Cow Disease thing?

Second Cow - Why should I care -- I'm a helicopter!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Today's historical fact: the "Spanish" Influenza apparently originated in Kansas and was distributed through Fort Riley via men being processed for overseas.

Spain was neutral, and thus did not suppress news of the flu, leading to the name..

--FreeFlier