Worst Fear 2012-12-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Re: Worst Fear 2012-12-04

Post by Mark N »

lake_wrangler wrote:
TlalocW wrote:Nudge must have said, "Jehovah."
???

*Is puzzled*
It seems to be a deep seated idea among the more devote peoples that speaking the Lords (whichever you hold dear) actual name will make said lord wipe you out.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Its CHEESY But when you mentioned Carbonite...well...I couldn't resist and this was all I could find. Anyway.......Yay!!! Nudge is ALIVE!!!!! HUZAH!!!!!!!!
Oh my, the she has been encased in Ignimbrite. She should be quite safe in there, if she survived the process. . .

and then there is this:

Don't worry, Abu. He's a genie, and genies can't kill anyone.
(FLAMES)
[wheezing] But you'd be surprised what you can live through. . . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

"Nudge, what was it like being burned alive and entombed in stone?"
"I was enjoying it until you jerks came along."

Don't know why, but it was my first thought. Human-origin supernaturals are still batting 1000 in the "successful murder attempts" stat (unless Shelly killing herself counts, or we get some confirmation on those 'hinted' murder sprees of Jin).
Dave

Post by Dave »

meisdadoo wrote:Oh my, the she has been encased in Ignimbrite. She should be quite safe in there, if she survived the process. . .
:D

But, if it were ignimbrite, she'd have to change her name from Nudge, to Florence, so she could be known as "Pyroclastic Flo".

(deposits some hot rock fragments in the Jar)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Dave wrote:
meisdadoo wrote:Oh my, the she has been encased in Ignimbrite. She should be quite safe in there, if she survived the process. . .
:D

But, if it were ignimbrite, she'd have to change her name from Nudge, to Florence, so she could be known as "Pyroclastic Flo".

(deposits some hot rock fragments in the Jar)
Careful the pun jar may spit lava at you. You're just ashking for it after all. But I'll admidt yours was a blast.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Ya gotta admit, that's one hell of a "time-out" banishment...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Poor Nudge. Cooled in unusual pumice-ment.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Or imagine it said by Yosemite Sam......
*wurrgh* //boggle//

Jabber, are you sure the commissary cooks over there haven't been slipping frogbane into the soup?
Lee M wrote:Poor Nudge. Cooled in unusual pumice-ment.
Double points for that one! :)
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

I think this might explain how Nudge can seem to be able to poit without being able to: the Bibilitiki does it.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

chibichibi01 wrote:Not what I expected at all from today.
The trolling may not be over. Gaslighted into thinking you're a murderer, and then shown it was all a trick should not be any comfort, ultimately.
chibichibi01 wrote:Though, that tone Ms. Belle uses... I /know/ that tone. It's the tone my momma used when I was in trouble. A sweet, honeyed drawl of my full name? I was dead meat; draw up a will!
I hear her speaking that word in perfect Attic with a musical lilt on the Mixolydian scale. Which probably had the precise same effect on troublemakers back then.

And a Gorgon would know. The more things change...
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Or imagine it said by Yosemite Sam......
Edit: image

:D :D :D
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:
The trolling may not be over. Gaslighted into thinking you're a murderer, and then shown it was all a trick should not be any comfort, ultimately.
chibichibi01 wrote:Though, that tone Ms. Belle uses... I /know/ that tone. It's the tone my momma used when I was in trouble. A sweet, honeyed drawl of my full name? I was dead meat; draw up a will!
I hear her speaking that word in perfect Attic with a musical lilt on the Mixolydian scale. Which probably had the precise same effect on troublemakers back then.

Nope. West Texas.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Yamara wrote:

Ah, yes, Attic... such a lofty tongue.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Lee M wrote:Ah, yes, Attic... such a lofty tongue.
Yeah, it's up there. Somewhere. ;)

PunPal has just charged me for the Elgin Marbles. But then there's a refund 'cause they lost them.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

NOTDilbert wrote:Er, Dave -
"The Cask of Amontillado" was the story by Poe.... Oh, I get it now (loooong coin drop)! Andesite - not used to seeing geology jokes here. :geek:
Yes. Geology jokes tend to be too basalt for us.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

zachariah wrote:So Nudge is caught between a rock and a hot place. Let's rent her out as advertising for the Rock of Ages movie before she cracks up.

Seriously though why are they even thinking of staging a jail break for nudge? Drill a small hole for when you need to ask her a question and put in a bung when you are tired of listening to her. Come on guys, this is a golden opportunity.
You forget that Phix rather likes her now. And that they are co-librarians, so Nudge may be able to get herself out of her lava-bath-shell eventually. Besides, she's handy to have around, even if she is rather irritating at times.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote:"Someone get a hammer", forsooth!
With all those women around, you would think that somebody would be sure to have a hammerspace handy.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jay-Em wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:(BTW - the little flowers make it obvious that that is said the honeyed tone that any Southern male with even the most rudimentary self-preservation reflex learns to dread before age six - earlier if he has older sisters...)
I am a Northern guy, and in our case the dread sets in the moment Ze Wimmenz start using one's full name.... Just thinking about it invokes an unstoppable instinct to start running.
Yep...definitely Northern. In many parts of the South the women-folk have learned not to holler out the full name of the offender because of how much a head-start that gives the poor guy. :) We'd like to be able to catch our quarry quickly and inflict our anger on him instead of having to give chase because his name is actually 5 words long. :P

I'd also like to add that the last several pages were actually so much easier to understand when read one-after-another instead of as they would have been reading them as released, one day at a time. :) If only I could withstand the urge to read immediately...then maybe I wouldn't have to live in Confusion Corner (the rent's not cheap ya know!). :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Julie wrote: I'd also like to add that the last several pages were actually so much easier to understand when read one-after-another instead of as they would have been reading them as released, one day at a time. :) If only I could withstand the urge to read immediately...then maybe I wouldn't have to live in Confusion Corner (the rent's not cheap ya know!). :)
Miss Julie, I am happy to inform you that the corner has a great long term stay plan. You get 365 days for the price of 1/4. :P
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Mark N wrote:
Julie wrote: I'd also like to add that the last several pages were actually so much easier to understand when read one-after-another instead of as they would have been reading them as released, one day at a time. :) If only I could withstand the urge to read immediately...then maybe I wouldn't have to live in Confusion Corner (the rent's not cheap ya know!). :)
Miss Julie, I am happy to inform you that the corner has a great long term stay plan. You get 365 days for the price of 1/4. :P
I get a break on my large spider-web up in the corner, because I dust the tops of the bookshelves.