Nerferwerfer 2020-01-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Nerferwerfer 2020-01-27

Post by lake_wrangler »

Yes, you can really feel the repentance from here... :roll:

Go ahead, comic the read, and tell me what you think... :P

Hey look! Another male character! :o

Oh wait... no label for him... I guess we won't be seeing him much, in the future... :roll:
shadowinthelight

Re: Nerferwerfer 2020-01-27

Post by shadowinthelight »

What a couple of nerferherders.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I wonder how many teachers think they've died without noticing, and now they're in Purgatory when they have Castela and Daylla in their classes
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So who was the fuzzy-faced glasses-wearing person giving the lesson on German grammar?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 am So who was the fuzzy-faced glasses-wearing person giving the lesson on German grammar?
Class nerd
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'd swear that the gryphon on the wall behind them is either shaking its fists, or giving someone the finger, but I can't tell for certain whom is being so blessed. Possibly the Gods themselves.

"Damn you, oh Powers, you who have condemned me to spend eternity emblazoned on this wall, forced to listen to generation after generation of teenage wiseacre snarking!

Someday, the tides of Urban Renewal will remodel this school, this wall will be demolished, I will be free from my bondage as a mere symbol and will regain my glory, and I shall have my revenge!

"I will eat every babysitter and teacher you try to hire. You will have to raise your children yourselves. You will have to homeschool them. You shall have them in your hair all day, every day, until the Yuga has ended.

That'll learn you."
AnotherFairportfan

Reverse Polish English!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

i keep waiting for yoda to appear
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 am I'd swear that the gryphon on the wall behind them is either shaking its fists, or giving someone the finger, but I can't tell for certain whom is being so blessed. Possibly the Gods themselves.
As we both know, it's rampant...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

If this image posts properly it fits the tenor of the comic.
https://images.app.goo.gl/pfPRjWE7L922KzoE9
Ehh, close enough.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Just make sure, before you eat the babysitters, (& teachers) that they are of age and consent... :roll:
AnotherFairportfan

Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:10 pm If this image posts properly it fits the tenor of the comic.
https://images.app.goo.gl/pfPRjWE7L922KzoE9
Ehh, close enough.
Heh, my brother met with a number of his translators at a convention in Europe, fifteen or more years ago, and all of them except the German translator complained about him verbing nouns - it's not really possible in most Romance languages, and they have to come up with circumlocutions.

The German says he just creates a compound word.

For instance: the widow of a Danube Steamboat Company Captain:

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitaenswitwe

{That one is real; there's apparently a popular parlour game in Germany involving coining new words involving the Danube Steamboat Company - for instance:

Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft

which translates as the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services” }

Or the law governing beef label monitoring {back in the days of mad cow disease]:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

===================

Or Dave Morrah's mangled faerie tales in books like Cinderella Hassenpfeffer and Other Tales Mein Grossfader Told, one of which offers an English/German dictionary:

DOG: das Barkenpantensniffer

DOG CATCHER: das Barkenpantensniffersnatcher
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:40 am I'd swear that the gryphon on the wall behind them is either shaking its fists, or giving someone the finger, but I can't tell for certain whom is being so blessed. Possibly the Gods themselves.

"Damn you, oh Powers, you who have condemned me to spend eternity emblazoned on this wall, forced to listen to generation after generation of teenage wiseacre snarking!
From another cartoon long ago, the female protagonist was escaping the castle through the Secret Tunnel (tm) and encountered a statue head at an intersection. The conversation went something like this:

"Which way out?"

"Go left."

She pauses for a moment then asks, "My left or your left?"

"How the hell should I know? I've been stuck in the dark on this damn pedestal since who knows when. When the witch put me here, she told me to say, 'Go left.' You're the first person I've seen since then. Can you kill me please? I am sooooo tired of this....."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

oldmanmickey wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:17 pm i keep waiting for yoda to appear
Strong, is the snark, in these two...