Grouchy Tummy 2019 11 14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Grouchy Tummy 2019 11 14

Post by FreeFlier »

Grouchy Tummy 2019 11 14

And so it begins . . .

Sort of reminds me of the old story about the woman who had been dreaming about a Great House for many years . . . she could describe the house inside and out in great detail, and wanted to go to Britain to find it. Finally she was able to go, and found the house . . . and was able to get shown around inside, to find everything exactly as she'd dreamt it! She was so excited, and she didn't really pay any attention to the woman showing her around, though her husband noticed that the woman was looking at her oddly.

Finally the dreamer asks "Is the house haunted? It seems like it should be!"

And the guide says:
► Show Spoiler
--FreeFlier
ShirouZhiwu

Re: Grouchy Tummy 2019 11 14

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

Didn't one of the group mention being fed by a nice lady when they were in the house when they were young? I'm sensing some kind of time warp going on.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dangit, I knew Pablo reads the forums, and I still did it!

So now we have three canon theories of "ghosts" in the Wapsiverse, stone tape, parallel universes, and now time loops. $%#@^&$ making things complicated! Let's save time and come up with another way so Pablo can mess with our minds again later.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The swirly patterns in Mindys glasses hang me up. They have to mean something.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

1. The theory is that the "alternate universes" are actually the other 56 run-thrus (or is it 57?) of the calendar machine, and that ghosts and spectral appearances are just those occasions when those timelines bump-up against another timeline. One of these days I'm gonna write about that "Fracture" that created all these alternate Wapsiverses, but as far as I can tell, there's only four that we know about: prime, Shelly-1, Daylla-2, and Barbara-1a.

2. I really want to reply to that comment about Mindy as 'Sometimes swirly glasses are just swirly glasses." But it doesn't work with a straight face. :) Suffice to say that the thing about her glasses is the same properties about looking into Tina's swirling silver eyes; they keep you from seeing the "reality" that lies behind them.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin