Confession To A Shadow 2012-11-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Confession To A Shadow 2012-11-30

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Cheesy1

Re: Confession To A Shadow 2012-11-30

Post by Cheesy1 »

So, how much of that was real or an illusion set up by Tsillah to test Monica?
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Just now. The Library ha shown the ability to pull people to it when it or its head librarian wants them there .
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Cheesy1 wrote:So, how much of that was real or an illusion set up by Tsillah to test Monica?
I think it was all real, but I'm feeling some relief in that I'm starting to think Monica was set up..

But we won't know for certain till Monday at the earliest. Blargdarn cliffhanger.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

The Library is all powerful, and no doubt it's probably snatch Nudge out of the volcano before she could suffer any real damage. Now Monica gets to savor the realization of what she truly is now.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Aaand.. we're in The Library. :shock:

Something tells me that Monica was the center-piece of a rather elaborate educational construct, and that the musings of some people yesterday, weren't too far off. Harsh edutainment, but quite well tailored towards a stubborn person like M.

Tsillah is coupled to M. I guess her role is also to instruct M, and make M realize what being a Titan/god/super-being entails. Yet, I still hope Phix also has a role to play as one of Monica's mentors. I really like Phix, despite her messy dining-habits.

By the by. As I understand it, Monica can pick-up on people's fears, and place/poit them in exáctly that situation?? That's even more unpleasant than the combustion-thing. Moonstar,of x-force fame could do something alike: use people's fears to project illusions. Scary SCARY power!!!! She scared the heebies outta me.
Last edited by Jay-Em on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

So now Phix and Monica can hopefully make nice, but what about Nudge? Is she still a hot Nudge sundae?

(sorry, I'll pay double for using that one again...plink plink)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Suddenly, the Bibliothiki. :shock:

Is it Tsillah's job to test Mon? I'm not sure about that; I have a hunch that she's just as shocked by all this as Mon is. Notice how the shadow on the ground is speaking; that's the real Tsillah. She seems to have dissolved her corporeal form, probably as a reflexive way to defend herself.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Yep, she's in the Library now - but, judging from the background, she's (floating?) at least one level off the floor.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

It looks as if Nudge was drawn the way she was as she was plunging into the lava to signify that was the scenario which was in Monica's mind and not the actual fact. Same as Paul did with Shelly a couple of times. Is there an actual black mark on the sidewalk or is that imagined too? But Monica did poit her somewhere, or thinks she did. Did someone else re-poit her mid poit? Unless, of course Nudge was an illusion courtesy of the shadow sculptor and was never there in the first place.

So, how did Monica know Nudge's worst fear?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Jay-Em wrote:By the by. As I understand it, Monica can pick-up on people's fears, and place/poit them in exáctly that situation?? That's even more unpleasant than the combustion-thing. Moonstar,of x-force fame could do something alike: use people's fears to project illusions. Scary SCARY power!!!! She scared the heebies outta me.
So Monica is a walking, talking Room 101. Yup... that's really scary.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Not too sure who is playing mind games with who. Tsillah is not the prime mover here just a bit player. It could be Tsillah and the big E (never can remember how to spell her name) make the point and Nudge gets toasted. But the sudden sequway into the library makes us wonder if the who thing is only a mind game for M.
The other option I like is she is now in the library confessing the Phix about how terrible she is and trying to ask forgiveness. Phix will forgive and then offers a Nudge Brownie instead of a cookie. The brownie has to have nuts of course.

Drops a pound of pecans in the pun jar.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:The other option I like is she is now in the library confessing the Phix about how terrible she is and trying to ask forgiveness. Phix will forgive and then offers a Nudge Brownie instead of a cookie. The brownie has to have nuts of course.

Drops a pound of pecans in the pun jar.
I second a jump cut from 'what did I do?' on the steps of the Museum to confessions in the Library...

And, does this mean that Tsillah was at the cast Christmas party?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Mmm.. pecans.. nom nom

Question is: Is it The Library that set this all in motion (with the help of Tsillah, Phix and Nudge)? Seems plausable.

It was a simulation, at least that's what I make of it. Nudge could, indeed, be one of Tsillah's shadow-constructs. We still have no idea how far Tsilla's shadow-powers go. Pretty far, it seems.

Hmmm.. many good ideas how Nudge could have pulled this stunt off. It seems complex enough to have been an idea of Brandi, though. If Brandi is the master-manipulator she seems to be, this little "wake-up call"for M would be a doozy for her. Throw Nudge in the mix, and a genius-level, incredibly complex (to us, mere mortals) plan goes forth.

(tbh. I just want Nudge to survive. :( She's too much fun to die so M can "learn"something)
Jabberwonky wrote: And, does this mean that Tsillah was at the cast Christmas party?
Aww.. that was such a sweet, sad picture. Showing Tina's longing for company. :cry:
Last edited by Jay-Em on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
but, why 42?
---------------
illiad

Post by illiad »

NOTDilbert wrote:Yep, she's in the Library now - but, judging from the background, she's (floating?) at least one level off the floor.....
are you *sure* that is the biblioteki??? she has been on the steps of the museum, could be just into the entrance, on the balcony above the museums library???
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I have been pondering today's page, an apparently I missed the most obvious clue as to what transpired: Tsillah states "And You exposed her to that fear. You forced her to experience that fear"
"Experience that fear" seems to be crucial here.

Maybe M unwittingly hás aquired the ability to put certain experiences in someone's mind, while poiting the person in question to somewhwere relatively safe. And, because M is not known to be murderous, the whole process could have been an subconscious under-current. Angry and murderous on the surface, but with an in-built "security-switch" consisting of M's deeper motivation not to harm another being. Although, using the volcano as a relay-station, júst to singe Nudge for a bit, would be appropriate.

I can imagine M looking around in the Library, to see Nudge lying on the floor, smelling of fire, unconscious, or dreaming (in Nudge's case I imagine a dog with a vivid dream, flailing and faux-walking her hoofs and arms.. :lol: ).

Ah well, either I get a cookie, or I am wholly wrong (again) and grasping at straws. :D
but, why 42?
---------------
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Dammit, now we have to wait for Monday to find out if Nudge is okay...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
as363

Post by as363 »

Why does the song line "All my friends have them - I must make amends" float through my mind .
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

illiad wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Yep, she's in the Library now - but, judging from the background, she's (floating?) at least one level off the floor.....
are you *sure* that is the biblioteki??? she has been on the steps of the museum, could be just into the entrance, on the balcony above the museums library???
Oh, that's The Library all right.

For reference:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

As a complete aside, after a little trawling of the archives, I came upon something interesting:

Does M's visage in that middle panel remind you of anything?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin