On The Landing 2019-10-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

On The Landing 2019-10-28

Post by jwhouk »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/on-the-landing/

Interesting dreams she has...

At least she tried to wake Barb up - and maybe the glasses aren't entirely decorative?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Re: On The Landing 2019-10-28

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm http://wapsisquare.com/comic/on-the-landing/

Interesting dreams she has...

At least she tried to wake Barb up - and maybe the glasses aren't entirely decorative?
See my post titled "Clark Kent Called - He Wants His Glasses Back" in the "Original Art" thread.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm Interesting dreams she has...
Mindy, and Hiroshi, at Tanagra.
AnotherFairportfan

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:22 pm See my post titled "Clark Kent Called - He Wants His Glasses Back" in the "Original Art" thread.
Here it is...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but in my experience ghosts that have full torso manifestation normally don't make loud "thunk" noises, that's more a poltergoose, which also don't have any visible manifestation. This lends credence to the "many universes" hypothesis for this particular haunting. Or a living person of some other description, not in another universe nor deceased.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The glowing eyes like most predators with good night vision would also indicate a living creature. These kids (and chaperones) may be about the find out that the fun of a ghost hunt ends when you actually find one.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

When I said "not entirely decorative", I meant, "she really needs them to see, it's just mom or great grandma or someone put the charm on them so she doesn't overwhelm with her hotness."

Unlike Atsali's talisman (does she wear that anymore?), her glasses have a functional purpose for Mindy.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

I do not think that Uniform is Star Fleet Regulation, Science Officer Mindy. It looks like a hybrid of ToS, and TNG.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Well, it is a dream sequence, so it’d be all headcanon.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:24 pm Mindy, and Hiroshi, at Tanagra.
But not at Camelot, because that would be silly.
Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:24 am Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but in my experience ghosts that have full torso manifestation normally don't make loud "thunk" noises, that's more a poltergoose, which also don't have any visible manifestation. This lends credence to the "many universes" hypothesis for this particular haunting. Or a living person of some other description, not in another universe nor deceased.
Perhaps genii locorum exist in the Wapsiworld.
oldmanmickey wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 am The glowing eyes like most predators with good night vision would also indicate a living creature. These kids (and chaperones) may be about the find out that the fun of a ghost hunt ends when you actually find one.
Euryale has reflective eyes, and isn't exactly the most threatening individual around. Maybe the mansion ghost just needs a hug.
ziggy78eog wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 am I do not think that Uniform is Star Fleet Regulation, Science Officer Mindy. It looks like a hybrid of ToS, and TNG.
Maybe that's the standard Star Fleet uniform for wearing on Venus.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:24 amForgive me if I'm mistaken, but in my experience ghosts that have full torso manifestation normally don't make loud "thunk" noises, that's more a poltergoose, which also don't have any visible manifestation. This lends credence to the "many universes" hypothesis for this particular haunting. Or a living person of some other description, not in another universe nor deceased.
Poltergoose . . . is that a poltergeist that haunts domestic fowl?

Or is it the ghost of a domestic fowl?

Of course, the figure on the stair is one of the crew with the light reflecting off her glasses.

The silhouette is wrong for certain of my characters, otherwise I'd recommend preparing for the dreaded cold-wet-nose attack . . . applied from ambush, naturellement!

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

An observation and a speculation:

Observation: Mindy has fangs when she has her glasses on ... but not when they're off.

Speculation: That's Connie on the landing.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alternative WildSpec(TM): Whoever Mindy is waking will have glowing eyes too.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Mindy's face is normally angular, but in the second panel, not so much... I was sure the second panel was Monica. (Except for the fact that she is not named in the tags below...)

Had that been Monica, then that might have meant that whatever is going on in the mansion, she felt it at a distance, which might mean a serious baddie just appeared on the scene.

As it is, after reading the page several times, I understand that it's merely Mindy waking up from her dream...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:55 pm An observation and a speculation:

Observation: Mindy has fangs when she has her glasses on ... but not when they're off.

Speculation: That's Connie on the landing.
It looks like she has the bottom fangs without her glasses, though. Someone mentioned that she's descended from Aphrodite, so either all the deities/demigods have them as well, or she gets those from somewhere else, because I don't recall Aphrodite being bitey.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 pm Mindy's face is normally angular, but in the second panel, not so much... I was sure the second panel was Monica. (Except for the fact that she is not named in the tags below...)
Mindy without her Clark Kents.

Violet eyes, i think.

Also: "cheese puff dust and grease"?

"Yuckie", indeed.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:21 am Also: "cheese puff dust and grease"?

"Yuckie", indeed.
Well, the school used to have the usual collection of kids who would hang out at the intersections between the corridors, jump out at you and spray and wipe your glasses, and then demand a dollar of your lunch money in return.

The faculty clamped down on this after complaints, and now everybody is walking around school with their glasses sadly unwiped, and smeared with fast-food debris.

Sometimes there's just no good answer to these knotty social problems...