Not Fair 2019-10-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Post Reply
User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5786
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by jwhouk » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 pm

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-fair-3/

Whoever said life was fair, Mindy?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6914
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm getting the feeling that for Barbara, the whole and most important goal of this venture is to let her find definitive evidence that will prove which theory is correct: stone tape, or multiverse. Is it live, or is it Memorex?

Lesser matters, such as which if any of her schoolmates is going to be eaten by a grue, don't seem to be at the forefront of her concern right now.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 am

Dave wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Lesser matters, such as which if any of her schoolmates is going to be eaten by a grue, don't seem to be at the forefront of her concern right now.
Just don't ever be alone in the dark.

And if you meet the Ur-Grue, be sure you have lots of four-leaf clovers, horseshoes, and the like along.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

User avatar
oldmanmickey
Posts: 1619
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by oldmanmickey » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 am

Why are they arguing still? The kids adventure in the other time line proved the multiverse
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5786
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by jwhouk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am

They weren't there for that adventure, so they're reverting to form.
Stone tape, or multiverse. Is it live, or is it Memorex?
ISWYDT. Pun Jar.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
Opus the Poet
Posts: 1926
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 am
Location: Surrounded by Hell
Contact:

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Opus the Poet » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:45 am

The evidence as shown in-comic seems to support multiple causes for ghosts, there might even be a third or fourth cause not yet placed in evidence. Or even a blend of the two, a stone tape in a parallel universe seeping over into ours. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.

User avatar
Hansontoons
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:22 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Hansontoons » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:58 am

jwhouk wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am
They weren't there for that adventure, so they're reverting to form.
Stone tape, or multiverse. Is it live, or is it Memorex?
ISWYDT. Pun Jar.
If it is stone tape, would it be called "Memorox"?

User avatar
Dave
Posts: 6914
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm

jwhouk wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am
Stone tape, or multiverse. Is it live, or is it Memorex?
ISWYDT. Pun Jar.
That wasn't really intended as a pun... just a quirky cultural reference that a lot of today's kids probably won't get. :?

Now, Hansontoons's "Memorox" was definitely a pun, for which I feel honored to pay.

(Dave deposits a large bottle of Dole honey into the Pun Jar. It came from a really nice hive of Dole bees, see?)

User avatar
jwhouk
Posts: 5786
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am
Location: The Valley of the Sun, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by jwhouk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Now that pun needs some noise reduction.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin

User avatar
TheDOCTOR
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by TheDOCTOR » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Hansontoons wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:58 am
jwhouk wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am
They weren't there for that adventure, so they're reverting to form.
Stone tape, or multiverse. Is it live, or is it Memorex?
ISWYDT. Pun Jar.
If it is stone tape, would it be called "Memorox"?
MemoROCKS ? Sounds as if Someone's been watching "The FLINTSTONES" again.

User avatar
Catawampus
Posts: 2099
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Catawampus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:21 am

oldmanmickey wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:01 am
Why are they arguing still? The kids adventure in the other time line proved the multiverse
Opus the Poet wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:45 am
The evidence as shown in-comic seems to support multiple causes for ghosts, there might even be a third or fourth cause not yet placed in evidence. Or even a blend of the two, a stone tape in a parallel universe seeping over into ours. :ugeek:
Daylla's adventure at the school did show that a particular "haunting" was caused by leakage from parallel universe, true. But Atsali and Nadette's adventure at Mapimi suggests that the stone tape theory also has some basis. Though so far as I know, stones don't generally hand out pastries to toddlers.

So I suppose that the first thing these kids need to do is to decide on a definition for what a ghost is, and for what a ghost is not.

Warrl
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by Warrl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 am
Dave wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Lesser matters, such as which if any of her schoolmates is going to be eaten by a grue, don't seem to be at the forefront of her concern right now.
Just don't ever be alone in the dark.
Being with the grue in the dark is fine, you're perfectly safe... as long as nobody turns on a light or opens the refrigerator.

User avatar
AnotherFairportfan
Posts: 5636
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Re: Not Fair 2019-10-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 am

Warrl wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:32 pm
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:05 am
Dave wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:11 pm
Lesser matters, such as which if any of her schoolmates is going to be eaten by a grue, don't seem to be at the forefront of her concern right now.
Just don't ever be alone in the dark.
Being with the grue in the dark is fine, you're perfectly safe... as long as nobody turns on a light or opens the refrigerator.
"You are alone in the dark and will probably be eaten by a grue."

"You sense something evil in the dark."

"YOU HAVE DIED"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

Post Reply