I'm bigger than you are. 2012-11-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
My2Cents

Re: I'm bigger than you are. 2012-11-28

Post by My2Cents »

Boxilar wrote:The question remains, will Nudge survive this?
Given that Nudge seems to be a demon, and demons seem to be immortal, the answer would be ‘yes’.

Mind you, that may not be a good thing from Nudges point of view, if she were, for example, trapped in an active caldera.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hm, had a thought (keep it up, I might have enough for an idea.....)

re: Monica's 'Dark Side' appearance - if she's going all Jaguar Girl on us - that's a Mayan thing, right?
And they were darker-skinned than Hispanic, and black haired (Monica's normaly an auburn, :?: ) So, that plus the facelight, and completely ignoring the completely void-black featurless face - she's really physically changing to Jaguar Girl.
And the blouse button? Nudge loosened it with her fingernail....

Where was I going with this? To Confusion Corner!

PS: plus the fangs, very cat-like.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Heh.. I vote Euriyale too, i've got a reputation of being wrong to hold up... :P although, given the sudden accent, I could be right, for a change. Some down-to-earth Southern attitude is called for here.

However... Nudge pushed a bit too far, so her singeing is also well-earned. I love Nudge to bits, but she's a bit too harsh every now&then.

That's what's so great about this Wapsi-Parthenon. Nó-one is without faults. Perfect people make for boring stories.

As far as Nudge's unforeseen lava-peeling, meah, Tepoz or one of the GG can get her out. They're ceramics, and the heat most possibly won't hurt them one bit.

Oh, and Paul? Glad You are up&running again. A bacon-burger did me in last weekend, so I know what You've been through.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:A bit surprising that Euryale would take the matter into her own hands, so to speak.
She did get in Monica's...arrears...here and the next one.
Well, sure. But I'm talking about physically grabbing Mon - even better, pinching her earlobe like she's a misbehaving child - and shaking her out of her huff.
Hm...come to think of it, you're right. From what we've seen of how Euryale acts (and how she's less of a fangirl, more of a colleague these days), I really shouldn't be surprised.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

The Old Wolf wrote:Tiny little Tsillah. Mind your manners, Monica.
1. I'm not sure that Euryale or even Tsillah is "bigger" than the Sun Jaguar whose time has come round at last.
2. Monica does not need to ask someone to "leave", quod erat demonstrandum.

The Wapsi-Doo Gang has their work cut out for them.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
Given that Nudge seems to be a demon, and demons seem to be immortal, the answer would be ‘yes’.

Mind you, that may not be a good thing from Nudges point of view, if she were, for example, trapped in an active caldera.
Actually, i'm pretty sure Nudge isn't a demon.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

My2Cents wrote:

Um, actually, Nudge is a demi-god. It's true she was in the demon world and among a group of demons for a while, but she's not one of them.

As to the comic, Ha! Good one! Totally unexpected, as usual. No lingering angst, no wailing recriminations. Just a quick ear jerk. Wonderful.

On the other hand, doesn't the song go "You don't tug on Superman's cape, You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the ear of the Jaguar Girl ...

Apparently Euryale has gotten over her apprehension of Monica's powers. We didn't see her dare doing that to Phix. Or could that be Doubt or even Phix? I mean, what's Euryale doing there in the first place? Part of Nudges plan maybe?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Someone's about to get a Stern Talking To. ^.^

Wildcat
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Until we see who grabbed Monica, I'm hearing the voice of Foghorn Leghorn in that last panel.

Props to Tsillah for having the chutzpah to even ask the question after that display.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
My2Cents wrote:

Um, actually, Nudge is a demi-god. It's true she was in the demon world and among a group of demons for a while, but she's not one of them.

As to the comic, Ha! Good one! Totally unexpected, as usual. No lingering angst, no wailing recriminations. Just a quick ear jerk. Wonderful.

On the other hand, doesn't the song go "You don't tug on Superman's cape, You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the ear of the Jaguar Girl ...

Apparently Euryale has gotten over her apprehension of Monica's powers. We didn't see her dare doing that to Phix. Or could that be Doubt or even Phix? I mean, what's Euryale doing there in the first place? Part of Nudges plan maybe?
I have to admit, seeing Doubt or one of her other demons, Guilt maybe, taking M to task would be very satisfying.
ImageImage
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

TlalocW wrote:I don't think that's Tsillah grabbing Monica. Tsillah has long sleeves on. That hand/arm doesn't.
And that voice has a distinct Southern Belle accent to it. Like a lady who goes to a ophidiarium for a hair styling.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
analyst

Post by analyst »

Bathorys Daughter wrote: On the other hand, doesn't the song go "You don't tug on Superman's cape, You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the ear of the Jaguar Girl ...
And you don't mess around with Euryale. Doot doodn-da. Deet, deet-n, dee dee dee.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

txmystic wrote:It makes sense that it is Euryale's hand in the last panel. After all, she was there when Phix had the equivalent 'Leave' moment...
i really hope that are favorite southern bell euryales hand of dont give me that crap
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

chibichibi01 wrote:I have to admit, seeing Doubt or one of her other demons, Guilt maybe, taking M to task would be very satisfying.
I thought Doubt was allowed nose flicks, not ear tugs.

Then again, Doubt has been on the receiving end of poits and astral fire, and may not be as foolhardy as a satyr or a trufan.

T minus 23 days.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Wildcat wrote:Someone's about to get a Stern Talking To. ^.^
Not Howard Stern I hope? All he'd need to say is : "Show me your T*ts Babe." and he'd be Toast.
jwhouk wrote:
TlalocW wrote:I don't think that's Tsillah grabbing Monica. Tsillah has long sleeves on. That hand/arm doesn't.
And that voice has a distinct Southern Belle accent to it. Like a lady who goes to a ophidiarium for a hair styling.
Yeah, at first read I knew that was Euryale. The only other option besides the ear-tug to snap M. back to normal would've been turning her over her knee and giving Monica a good 'smack-bottom'....But too many people here might've enjoyed seeing that too much. :lol:
Julie

Post by Julie »

Sooo...My brain over-wrote the last panel as "Wait just one cotton pickin' minute!!" Am I the only person who thinks the actual line (as written) feels incomplete? :?

Oh...and I'm throwing my vote in for it being Euryale who grabbed her ear as well. :)

I also love that the supernaturals Monica spends time around are "calmly" surprised by her angry (and reckless) abuse of her power. I say "calmly" because it's seeming to come across more as a non-panicked "Why did you do that?" or "You should know the rules about this kind of thing" and less of a "OMG! Don't hurt me too!" like they behave around Phix. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Leak

Post by Leak »

Julie wrote:Sooo...My brain over-wrote the last panel as "Wait just one cotton pickin' minute!!" Am I the only person who thinks the actual line (as written) feels incomplete? :?
"One cotton pickin' minute! I leave you outta ma sight for one cotton pickin' minute, and look where it got ya..."

np: Scott Matthew - Upside Down (Live At FM4 Radio Session) (To Love Is To Live To Receive Is To Give)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

chibichibi01 wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
My2Cents wrote: Given that Nudge seems to be a demon, and demons seem to be immortal, the answer would be ‘yes’.

I have to admit, seeing Doubt or one of her other demons, Guilt maybe, taking M to task would be very satisfying.
The "Cotton pickin' minute" kind of pulls it towards Eyrale. Granted, It could be any number of tall ladies Monica knows. Phix, Brandi or Doubt as she normally manifests, or even Tsilla. After all Charon's daughter can alter the apperance of her shadow at will.

Regarding Nudge, the reason I'm worried is because she is a demigod. Titans have been established to be nigh indestructable, even if they take massive punishment, they tend to bounce back readily enough. They are Primordial precursers to the gods. In myth, gods can, and do, die. Pesumably as demigod, Nudge can be killed. I just hope it takes more than a lake of lava to do it.

I don't know if Paul would go this dark, but the harshest lesson Monica could learn would be to kill one of her friends in a fit of uncontrolled rage. Kind of hard to deny your dangerous after you've killed a demigod.

Mind you, I don't want to see it happen. I like Nudge. I'm worried.
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Boxilar wrote:The "Cotton pickin' minute" kind of pulls it towards Eyrale. Granted, It could be any number of tall ladies Monica knows. Phix, Brandi or Doubt as she normally manifests, or even Tsilla. After all Charon's daughter can alter the apperance of her shadow at will.

Regarding Nudge, the reason I'm worried is because she is a demigod. Titans have been established to be nigh indestructable, even if they take massive punishment, they tend to bounce back readily enough. They are Primordial precursers to the gods. In myth, gods can, and do, die. Pesumably as demigod, Nudge can be killed. I just hope it takes more than a lake of lava to do it.

I don't know if Paul would go this dark, but the harshest lesson Monica could learn would be to kill one of her friends in a fit of uncontrolled rage. Kind of hard to deny your dangerous after you've killed a demigod.

Mind you, I don't want to see it happen. I like Nudge. I'm worried.
I like Nudge too, but that would be the best way for Monica to learn her lesson, I believe.
ImageImage
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

And here's our slinky southern serpentess, who knows a thing or three about popping a person while persnickety.