I'm bigger than you are. 2012-11-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: I'm bigger than you are. 2012-11-28

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Julie wrote:Sooo...My brain over-wrote the last panel as "Wait just one cotton pickin' minute!!" Am I the only person who thinks the actual line (as written) feels incomplete? :?

Oh...and I'm throwing my vote in for it being Euryale who grabbed her ear as well. :)
To me the thing missing would be on the end as in "One cotton pickin' minute, missy!" Though the "wait just" does also seem like it should go there. Maybe Paul couldn't readily fit in that many words into the space available.

I wonder though, could it be our shapely shadow shaper impersonating Euryale here?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Boxilar wrote:I don't know if Paul would go this dark, but the harshest lesson Monica could learn would be to kill one of her friends in a fit of uncontrolled rage.
Boiling what Nudge said down to it's most basic form, she called M a lazy, big-boobed insect. Insulting it may be, especially the way Nudge delivered it, but it's not enough to warrant M's actions. At all. Killing, or even attempting to kill, someone because she's having a snit had better be a wake-up call, or Shelly, Bud and the rest are going to have to do something they don't want to do...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

CraigR wrote:
Boxilar wrote:I don't know if Paul would go this dark, but the harshest lesson Monica could learn would be to kill one of her friends in a fit of uncontrolled rage.
Boiling what Nudge said down to it's most basic form, she called M a lazy, big-boobed insect. Insulting it may be, especially the way Nudge delivered it, but it's not enough to warrant M's actions. At all. Killing, or even attempting to kill, someone because she's having a snit had better be a wake-up call, or Shelly, Bud and the rest are going to have to do something they don't want to do...
I agree. It seems to me the plan is to get her to do this to an immortal being before doing it to a mortal. But not just any immortal such as Bud or Brandi, but one who can be damaged, yet not die. We may yet see an image of Nudge with her flesh burned away, slowly recovering from her dunking to give Monica a real idea of the horror of her act.

And I think Nudge will live. Surely this can't be the first time someone has poited or thrown her into lava. It seems like such an obvious punishment.

Oh, and is that little bit of shadow under Tsillah's feet the actual Tsillah?
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
illiad

Post by illiad »

CraigR wrote:
hmm, well, I dare you to go to the nearest amazonian big titted woman and try the same, *without* being spread all over the floor.... :/

... and even it she was Monica's height, I think your chances of getting children, or even walking afterwards may be low to non-existent!!!! :roll:
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

kingklash wrote:And here's our slinky southern serpentess, who knows a thing or three about popping a person while persnickety.
Is there an alliteration jar?

TlalocW
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
CraigR wrote:
I agree. It seems to me the plan is to get her to do this to an immortal being before doing it to a mortal. But not just any immortal such as Bud or Brandi, but one who can be damaged, yet not die. We may yet see an image of Nudge with her flesh burned away, slowly recovering from her dunking to give Monica a real idea of the horror of her act.

And I think Nudge will live. Surely this can't be the first time someone has poited or thrown her into lava. It seems like such an obvious punishment.
I concur, with the caveat that the punishment is obvious to us, because we're human.

Perhaps Nudge has avoided human form for so long because she truly dreads our capacity for evil. Monica's flick-of-the-wrist immolation is perhaps what's expected from us, and so Nudge had to work up the nerve to face an apekin with the attached powers of a god seeking retribution.

But even if a burned and broken Nudge doesn't phase Jaguar Girl, I think Euryale knows someone who can teach her to go pound sand.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

As an aside, Nudge is a shape-changer. Perhaps she can take Phoenix-form or that of something like a salamander to survive. Demon-form or other configurations may also allow her to avoid much damage. But Dark Monica apparently isn't considering any of that. Actions, not thoughts.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Yamara wrote:As an aside, Nudge is a shape-changer.
Actually, she's not. You may recall, back when Phix and she were still adversarial and just released from manditory service to the Library, she asked Phix to help her assume human form so she could visit Earth. Phix basicly told her to look the spell up her own damn self.
Dave

Post by Dave »

CraigR wrote:
Actually, she's not. You may recall, back when Phix and she were still adversarial and just released from mandatory service to the Library, she asked Phix to help her assume human form so she could visit Earth. Phix basicly told her to look the spell up her own damn self.
Well, Nudge is a shape-shifter, but she has her limits. Remember that she was the one who changed into an animal form (rabbit I think?) and lured Shelly out into the wilderness during Shelly's vision quest... where Shelly very nearly died.

It's changing into a convincing human form, that Nudge said she wasn't good at. Based on how well she was able to pick up the skill from books in the Library (at Phix's suggestion) it's well within her abilities... she just hadn't learned or practiced it enough to be good at it.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

Dave wrote:
CraigR wrote:
Actually, she's not. You may recall, back when Phix and she were still adversarial and just released from mandatory service to the Library, she asked Phix to help her assume human form so she could visit Earth. Phix basicly told her to look the spell up her own damn self.
Well, Nudge is a shape-shifter, but she has her limits. Remember that she was the one who changed into an animal form (rabbit I think?) and lured Shelly out into the wilderness during Shelly's vision quest... where Shelly very nearly died.

It's changing into a convincing human form, that Nudge said she wasn't good at. Based on how well she was able to pick up the skill from books in the Library (at Phix's suggestion) it's well within her abilities... she just hadn't learned or practiced it enough to be good at it.
I stand corrected.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave11 wrote:Props to Tsillah for having the chutzpah to even ask the question after that display.
What's Monica gonna do to Tsillah? If she chooses to not cast a shadow, so to speak, all she is is a shadow.

Maybe Bia could come to grips with her, but i doubt Monica could.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

chibichibi01 wrote:I have to admit, seeing Doubt or one of her other demons, Guilt maybe, taking M to task would be very satisfying.
The only physical interaction her demons are allowed is nose flicks.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:And that voice has a distinct Southern Belle accent to it. Like a lady who goes to a ophidiarium for a hair styling.
hsssss.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

TheDOCTOR wrote:
Wildcat wrote:Someone's about to get a Stern Talking To. ^.^
Not Howard Stern I hope? All he'd need to say is : "Show me your T*ts Babe." and he'd be Toast
Oh, please. Please. PleasePleasePlease.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:Sooo...My brain over-wrote the last panel as "Wait just one cotton pickin' minute!!" Am I the only person who thinks the actual line (as written) feels incomplete? :?
Now that you mention it.

MY brain filled in something when i read it, more or less.

However, bein' i'm from that part of the country, more or less, what i "heard was "Now, jus' one cotton-pickin' minute there, missy!"
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:And I think Nudge will live. Surely this can't be the first time someone has poited or thrown her into lava. It seems like such an obvious punishment.
Such a natural, instant reaction. Forget punishment.

Never startle a man with a weapon, or or anger a woman with a hair-trigger poit reflex.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Oh...and I'm throwing my vote in for it being Euryale who grabbed her ear as well. :)
Not I. When you drawl things out enough, you have to leave some words unexpressed, or you will never get done with a sentence. :lol:
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

CraigR wrote:
Actually, she's not. You may recall, back when Phix and she were still adversarial and just released from manditory service to the Library, she asked Phix to help her assume human form so she could visit Earth. Phix basicly told her to look the spell up her own damn self.
I think that was just for human form - she appeared to Shelly as Coyote, for example.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

CraigR wrote:
Dave wrote: Well, Nudge is a shape-shifter, but she has her limits. Remember that she was the one who changed into an animal form (rabbit I think?) and lured Shelly out into the wilderness during Shelly's vision quest... where Shelly very nearly died.

I stand corrected.
That's OK, you can sit if you want...
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Fairportfan wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:I have to admit, seeing Doubt or one of her other demons, Guilt maybe, taking M to task would be very satisfying.
The only physical interaction her demons are allowed is nose flicks.
Would still be satisfying, nonetheless. >:3
ImageImage