This Problem 2012-11-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: This Problem 2012-11-19

Post by MerchManDan »

Fairportfan wrote:Panel Three: Nudge looks about seventeen...
jwhouk wrote:"She's only seventeeeen/Girl she gives you a Nudge/ Like you've never seen..."
Ain't no Doubt about, so Mon is doubly blessed
Nudge looks barely seventeen when she's fully dressed
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I guess the bad blood between Shelly and Phix is starting to get to Nudge. Shelly is too much like her gran' That's bound to give trouble.
Nudge likes to pull people's strings, but she's also good-hearted, so, of course she'd want to "Nudge" Shelly and Phix back together again. After all they Were enjoying each other's company, otherwise Phix would not have kept an eye on Shellinx for 18000+ years.(or 80000.. I am terrible with numbers)

Nudge looks cool in her retro get-up. She kinda looks like a younger version of my Mum, wild, dark curls, freckles et all. Slap-on a pair of glasses, and it would be the spitting image.... Odd...
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
as363

Post by as363 »

Paul - re your comment on Sunday - I may not post daily - but I always vote.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Naaaah! Nudge is running a three-way scam. What better way to get Monica and Phix back together than asking her to help with Shelly and her Gran?

[voice="Announcer']She's an ancient trickster goddess recently released from centuries of confinment in the weirdest library ever. Now she want's to turn over a new leaf and help people for a change of pace. Nudge comes to ABC this fall as "The Phixer".[/voice]

(sigh...I can still hope, can't I?)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

as363 wrote:Paul - re your comment on Sunday - I may not post daily - but I always vote.
Depending on how many computers I can get my hands on, I can vote 3 or 4 times some days.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:Naaaah! Nudge is running a three-way scam. What better way to get Monica and Phix back together than asking her to help with Shelly and her Gran?
Jay-Em wrote:I guess the bad blood between Shelly and Phix is starting to get to Nudge. Shelly is too much like her gran' That's bound to give trouble.
Nudge likes to pull people's strings, but she's also good-hearted, so, of course she'd want to "Nudge" Shelly and Phix back together again. After all they Were enjoying each other's company, otherwise Phix would not have kept an eye on Shellinx for 18000+ years.(or 80000.. I am terrible with numbers)
Huh...I thought that Shelly and Phix might be fine at this point...but that Monica and Phix might still be somewhat at odds. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Julie wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:Naaaah! Nudge is running a three-way scam. What better way to get Monica and Phix back together than asking her to help with Shelly and her Gran?
Jay-Em wrote:I guess the bad blood between Shelly and Phix is starting to get to Nudge. Shelly is too much like her gran' That's bound to give trouble.
Huh...I thought that Shelly and Phix might be fine at this point...but that Monica and Phix might still be somewhat at odds. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)
Yeah, I thought Shelly was more pissed off because she was set up than at a certain grandmother that didn't fill her in about that fact quite soon enough. She was mad and took it out on the messenger and Phix just happened to be the messenger.

Any way, I'm bullish about this arc and it will be a tauren shame if Nudge and Monica can't get the two bull-headed parties together again without too much bullsh*t but I'm sure it'll be an udderly ridiculous Rube Goldberg scheme that'll work out. *Deposits used ox bow in pun jar.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Yes Nudge is getting better at the "being Human"-thing.
Nudge reminds me of Carole Ann Ford, The Doctors' Granddaughter. ;)
Also sounds like Nudge wants her freinds to..."Make Nice" before The Holidays.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Also sounds like Nudge wants her freinds to..."Make Nice" before The Holidays.
Of course... one must always keep in mind the ever important holiday pictures... :P
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

lake_wrangler wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Also sounds like Nudge wants her freinds to..."Make Nice" before The Holidays.
Of course... one must always keep in mind the ever important holiday pictures... :P
Oh, wow. Phix and Shelly in their aspects, with Connie standing between them, Monica and her flock, Katharine and Oscar, Tina and Nudge glaring at each other...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Fairportfan wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
Oh, wow. Phix and Shelly in their aspects, with Connie standing between them, Monica and her flock, Katharine and Oscar, Tina and Nudge glaring at each other...
Not to mention the GGs, in their chimera aspects, Justin next to Shelly, Kevin next to Monica (unless you counted him as part of Monica's "flock"...), and Dietzel, doing something Dietzel-like (and therefore totally not regular-dog-like).

And Bia, sulking in a far corner.

I wish I had time... somebody needs to fanart that Christmas family portrait...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Of course, Nudge could actually be talking about two other people, and adding M's own stubborn behavior might just tip into critical mass, and get everything moving towards a solution.
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:Of course, Nudge could actually be talking about two other people, and adding M's own stubborn behavior might just tip into critical mass, and get everything moving towards a solution.
They might not even be members of a species of "people" that we've actually seen portrayed (although their race might have been mentioned in passing). This could be yet another new set of characters being introduced.

"Method brooders", hmmm? Sounds like they might be oviparous perhaps? If so, Nudge (or Pablo) is going to owe the Pun Jar!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

You know, i always knew that ground level and high altitude winds could blow in different directions, but i can't believe that the museum lions' pedestals could be that high...
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

lake_wrangler wrote:I wish I had time... somebody needs to fanart that Christmas family portrait...
I want to see this too! Too bad i have NO artistic talent
ImageImage
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Yes Nudge is getting better at the "being Human"-thing.
Quite a topical reference - just four days before Doctor Who's 49th anniversary. (Yeah - November 23rd 1963...)
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Lee M wrote:
Quite a topical reference - just four days before Doctor Who's 49th anniversary. (Yeah - November 23rd 1963...)
I was making reference to Nudges outfit...I didn't even THINK of the Anniversary. "Bad DOCTOR!"
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Lee M wrote:
Hey! That means I'm older than the Doctor... :shock:
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

No small feat, considering. So, with which Jabberwonky are we speaking? 17th, 18th? ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

MerchManDan wrote:No small feat, considering. So, with which Jabberwonky are we speaking? 17th, 18th? ;)
Due to this incarnations adventurous spirit combined with an accident prone body, all memories before 1962 are a little fuzzy. (And some Saturday nights since then, too...)