You Guys 2012-11-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: You Guys 2012-11-16

Post by jwhouk »

"The collision of the supernatural and the mundane." You know, I think you might have just come up with a new tagline for Pablo. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

illiad wrote:well you would have to be stoopid to hit a shadow! your fist just goes straight through and hits the wall!!! { ouch! } :O
any info on who CAN?? :D

of course you could just hit tsilly's 'projected' body, only for it to disappear!!!! :-D :-D
Nah. For a shadow, you need a cleric to turn it.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

bmonk wrote:
illiad wrote:well you would have to be stoopid to hit a shadow! your fist just goes straight through and hits the wall!!! { ouch! } :O
any info on who CAN?? :D

of course you could just hit tsilly's 'projected' body, only for it to disappear!!!! :-D :-D
Nah. For a shadow, you need a cleric to turn it.
The newer models have power steering...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

davids4250 wrote:I find myself wondering just how big Tsillah is?
As big as she wants to be.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Julie wrote:So it took me a while to actually read today's page. There was a banner ad that, in its garishly colorful way, was very distracting...

Distracting.jpg

What?? I'm just as much a fan of nice posteriors as anyone else... :P
Heh. Funny you should mention that - i just came across this article yesterday.

Minnetonka appears to be a Mipple City suburb... Wikipedia says eight miles.)
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:Lily and Suzie, along with Tsilla, could be Monica's introduction to the lower end of the supernaturals.
I wouldn't include Tsillah in a list like that where she could hear you.

Which is pretty much anywhere, i guess - "The Shadows know."
=====================
=====================
mike weber
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Hot, Sexy, Female Vampire Chicks who are F.B.I. agents. Kinda reminds me of "Forever Knight", only with Hot. Sexy. Vampire Chicks. :twisted:
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave11 wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Julie wrote:So it took me a while to actually read today's page. There was a banner ad that, in its garishly colorful way, was very distracting...
Distracting.jpg
What?? I'm just as much a fan of nice posteriors as anyone else... :P
Man! All I'm getting is ads for fantasy fiction e-books with gay leads... :(
(Seriously, I want to mail 'em and ask what I'm browsing that brings that up)
It's Project Wonderful. I've seen very few relevant ads.
I saw those leggings and immediately thought of this:
I mean, why not? If the old Razzle Dazzle can disguise a ship, why not a rump?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Graybeard wrote:Something about this arc makes me wonder: could Pablo be setting up for a "spinoff" strip here, featuring the two intrepid vampire cops in a generally comedic series of misadventures?
I have my doubts. He seems to have his hands full just keeping Wapsi going along with his other interests.

EDIT: One of the things which separates Suzie from the rest of the killers in the series is that she is not the least bit remorseful of her past acts. Worse yet, she is still doing horrible things and feeling fine about it. We don't know about Lily for sure yet, but at least she is not indulging in past behavior and seems to consider it not the least bit ok. Suzie has yet to reach the level of conscience the GGs and Phix have concerning humans. Even the bad guys. I recall Brandi was aghast when she thought Bud may have killed the gun dealers with grenades. Likewise, Bud made sure to make that happen in the far side of the basement. Suzie, however, is still a killing machine who gives in to her baser desires. She has yet to reach the epiphany the others have had. This sets her apart from the rest and an unlikable character in my view anyway, funny though she may be.
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Graybeard wrote:Something about this arc makes me wonder: could Pablo be setting up for a "spinoff" strip here, featuring the two intrepid vampire cops in a generally comedic series of misadventures?
I have my doubts. He seems to have his hands full just keeping Wapsi going along with his other interests.

EDIT: One of the things which separates Suzie from the rest of the killers in the series is that she is not the least bit remorseful of her past acts. Worse yet, she is still doing horrible things and feeling fine about it. We don't know about Lily for sure yet, but at least she is not indulging in past behavior and seems to consider it not the least bit ok. Suzie has yet to reach the level of conscience the GGs and Phix have concerning humans. Even the bad guys. I recall Brandi was aghast when she thought Bud may have killed the gun dealers with grenades. Likewise, Bud made sure to make that happen in the far side of the basement. Suzie, however, is still a killing machine who gives in to her baser desires. She has yet to reach the epiphany the others have had. This sets her apart from the rest and an unlikable character in my view anyway, funny though she may be.
Hmmm -- A'la the Green Hornet? A good guy being a bad guy to eliminate the bad guys for good?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:I mean, why not? If the old Razzle Dazzle can disguise a ship, why not a rump?
I sorta doubt that that's done in DaGlo colours, though.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Atomic wrote:Hmmm -- A'la the Green Hornet? A good guy being a bad guy to eliminate the bad guys for good?
More like The Spider.

(One time The Spider needed a head for some anti-crime scheme. So he hunted up a small-time crook and chopped his head off...)
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Am I the only one that hears that last "You guys" from Tsillah as a drawn out "You guuuyyys"?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Opus the Poet wrote:Am I the only one that hears that last "You guys" from Tsillah as a drawn out "You guuuyyys"?
Nope. You're definitely not the only one. In fact, even the one in the first panel is slightly drawn out, to me...

On a completely different subject, I just noticed now that Paul forgot to ink black some of the stripes of Tsillah's shirt, in that first panel...
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:On a completely different subject, I just noticed now that Paul forgot to ink black some of the stripes of Tsillah's shirt, in that first panel...
That might be deliberate on Paul's part. Tsillah's appearance is both arbitrary, and shifting... notice how her "angler-fish headlamp" from earlier this week is no longer in evidence.

I got the impression that when she said "I am the curtain around you" her little-goblin-girl 3D shadow had actually disappeared, as the "curtain" spoke to the vampires. If so, the "missing" black stripes on her Op Art blouse may simply have not gotten around to reappearing yet.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:On a completely different subject, I just noticed now that Paul forgot to ink black some of the stripes of Tsillah's shirt, in that first panel...
That might be deliberate on Paul's part. Tsillah's appearance is both arbitrary, and shifting... notice how her "angler-fish headlamp" from earlier this week is no longer in evidence.

I got the impression that when she said "I am the curtain around you" her little-goblin-girl 3D shadow had actually disappeared, as the "curtain" spoke to the vampires. If so, the "missing" black stripes on her Op Art blouse may simply have not gotten around to reappearing yet.
Remember when she met Shelly and Justin?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote:Am I the only one that hears that last "You guys" from Tsillah as a drawn out "You guuuyyys"?
Actually, I hear it more as a trying-hard-not-to-roll-my-eyes "You guys."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Atomic wrote: ... If the old Razzle Dazzle can disguise a ship, why not a rump?
Um, I thought the idea of camouflage was to break up the outline of an object. That doesn't seem to be the objective as far as rumps are concerned, and just as well if you ax me.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
illiad

Post by illiad »

hey I think the point of the razzle dazzle on a rump, is to make it look nicer, or confuzzle you into not noticing it's size... but then, some guys *love* the size..... :-D :-D
Last edited by illiad on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

illiad wrote:he's I think the point of the razzle dazzle on a rump, is to make it look nicer, or make confuzzle you into not noticing it's size... but then, some guys *love* the size..... :-D :-D
I will not post a Spinal Tap link here...
=====================
=====================
mike weber