Doing This 2012-07-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Wdot

Re: Doing This 2012-07-30

Post by Wdot »

Thanks for the help guys! More of a learning curve than the comments page.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Heh, yeah - forums (fora?) can be like that. I'm used to it, myself, being a member of numerous webcomic discussion groups.

Speaking of: Huzzah, Katherine! :mrgreen:
davids4250 wrote:
Wyvern wrote: And Katherine's return is nice as well; we've been so busy with supernatural hoo-ha that we've lost track of ordinary life in Minneapolis.
Do folks in Minneapolis ordinarily take their fish for walks?
It's been argued that Katherine is extra-ordinary. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
WoodGracie

Post by WoodGracie »

Hello Wapsi fans! I missed you! Well I guess I missed the memo! Why are we doing a forum instead of the threaded comments? I thought my computer was just acting up again and not loading everything! hmmm not sure how to set up my avatar? I'll have to do some more exploring while I take a small corner of the couch to figure it out I guess! Have a great day everyone!
Dave

Post by Dave »

WoodGracie wrote:Hello Wapsi fans! I missed you! Well I guess I missed the memo! Why are we doing a forum instead of the threaded comments? I thought my computer was just acting up again and not loading everything! hmmm not sure how to set up my avatar? I'll have to do some more exploring while I take a small corner of the couch to figure it out I guess! Have a great day everyone!
Paul was finding the solo battle against spammers and rude critics and Wapsi-haters to be too much of a burden to handle alone. By switching from ComicPress comments, to a phpBB forum, it's possible to have a team of fan-moderators take over that task.

You can upload an avatar easily... use the "user control panel" link in the top left, then edit your user profile. 120x120 pixels max, no more than about 19kB.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Dave wrote:
WoodGracie wrote:Hello Wapsi fans! I missed you! Well I guess I missed the memo! Why are we doing a forum instead of the threaded comments? I thought my computer was just acting up again and not loading everything! hmmm not sure how to set up my avatar? I'll have to do some more exploring while I take a small corner of the couch to figure it out I guess! Have a great day everyone!
Paul was finding the solo battle against spammers and rude critics and Wapsi-haters to be too much of a burden to handle alone. By switching from ComicPress comments, to a phpBB forum, it's possible to have a team of fan-moderators take over that task.

You can upload an avatar easily... use the "user control panel" link in the top left, then edit your user profile. 120x120 pixels max, no more than about 19kB.
This forum style also has many other added features. We can go back to old topics and add to the threads and you will be informed of the additions as well as a small tab in the left had corner of the threads list that lets you jump to the last place you read in the thread so it is easy to get to the new addition. And best of all we can edit our messages or even delete them if we put something in and notice it was the wrong place (It is also great for us dyslexics and crappy typists who tend to put our words in wrong way) All in all I think this is a win-win solution.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Thorulf

Post by Thorulf »

MerchManDan wrote:It's been argued that Katherine is extra-ordinary. ;)
So I'm here thinking, "Black eyes, thing for spiders, textile expert...and her fish is obviously really talking to her... How much says she's really related to either Arachne or Clotho?"

I'm glad I am not the first one to wander down that particular train of thought.