In My Hair 2019-05-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

In My Hair 2019-05-15

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Re: In My Hair 2019-05-15

Post by FreeFlier »

Wolf-who-watches wrote:Crunchy!
:roll:

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

She was definitely overreacting a bit.

Now, if it was deer ticks, a good skreeeeeeee would have been entirely understandable.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Those look a lot more harmless than the piles of boxes Atsali and Katherine found when THEY fell into a dark "room"...
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Wed May 15, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I was close, it wasn't Digit, it was Digit's "snack" that startled Valerie.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am very much impressed with the quick thinking of those two in pushing Pickle out of the way and springing into action. Preventing the deployment of a WMD is always a good idea.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

oldmanmickey wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 am I am very much impressed with the quick thinking of those two in pushing Pickle out of the way and springing into action. Preventing the deployment of a WMD is always a good idea.
How much do they know about Castela's power, though? Bud and Digit know, and Digit made a point of keeping Valerie out of the loop during the last ghost-hunting excursion. But what about the kids in Castela's peer group? She demonstrated to Daylla, and Hiroshi got to watch her zap rocks when he was a butterfly, but do Timothy, Scarlet, and Shawna know just how much damage Castela can really cause? They might just know that she's physically strong to some degree and rather durable. They might think that she's only about on the same level as themselves.

Of course, we haven't really seen what all sorts of things these other kids can do, so it's always possible that they wouldn't be wrong in thinking that. . .
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Catawampus wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 am
How much do they know about Castela's power, though? Bud and Digit know, and Digit made a point of keeping Valerie out of the loop during the last ghost-hunting excursion. But what about the kids in Castela's peer group? She demonstrated to Daylla, and Hiroshi got to watch her zap rocks when he was a butterfly, but do Timothy, Scarlet, and Shawna know just how much damage Castela can really cause? They might just know that she's physically strong to some degree and rather durable. They might think that she's only about on the same level as themselves.

Of course, we haven't really seen what all sorts of things these other kids can do, so it's always possible that they wouldn't be wrong in thinking that. . .
They appear to be a fairly tight knit group of friends, so everyone is fully aware of what the others can do. The only unknowns, at this point, would be the two new comers, Mindy and Barbara.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 am She demonstrated to Daylla, and Hiroshi got to watch her zap rocks when he was a butterfly, but do Timothy, Scarlet, and Shawna know just how much damage Castela can really cause? They might just know that she's physically strong to some degree and rather durable. They might think that she's only about on the same level as themselves.
A few strips ago, Timothy commented to Scarlet that the mansion might not be be OK with a nervous Castela inside. That says to me that he's aware that Castela could trash the place if startled or scared, and from the matter-of-fact way he said it to Scarlet, he didn't expect any disagreement from her (implying that she also knows this).
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

BTW-

Prince's She's Always in my Hair, (the 12" cut)

It's one of his funkiest, although it can always get even more funky...

(As with most of his stuff it's better when it's not an MP3 & when played back on a full throated Speaker/Amp setup.) <-- emphasis on stereo separation, clean but Less Highs, more Mids and Bass bias.

And some of Dave's 5th Element Speakers. (leeloo-multipass) :roll: