If I Have To 2012-11-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: If I Have To 2012-11-14

Post by Julie »

starkruzr wrote:
Mark N wrote:
starkruzr wrote:Tsillah can't be THAT young, can she? She seems to be... well, developed.

if she eats foods like most kids then blame the growth hormones and steroids in food animals.
Good point. Also, who the hell knows what species she is. She could be 300.
Meh...if you're going with the "different species" way of seeing things, then even if she's 300, she may be a "tween" by that species' standards. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

Mark N wrote:
starkruzr wrote:Tsillah can't be THAT young, can she? She seems to be... well, developed.
if she eats foods like most kids then blame the growth hormones and steroids in food animals.
Steroids, maybe. There was a ton of research decades ago trying to use animal growth hormones to help humans with growth problems -- just no effect at all. Human growth hormone is just different enough that other species' growth hormones won't work (I wonder how close two species have to be before it does work?)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Haylo wrote:
Mark N wrote:
Steroids, maybe. There was a ton of research decades ago trying to use animal growth hormones to help humans with growth problems -- just no effect at all. Human growth hormone is just different enough that other species' growth hormones won't work (I wonder how close two species have to be before it does work?)
Maybe the growth of bust size and height have different triggers.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

[Random thought]
The name of today's comic reminds me of the Possum Lodge's Man Pledge, from the Red Green show: "I'm a man; but I can change; if I have to."
[/Random Thought]
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

lake_wrangler wrote:[Random thought]
The name of today's comic reminds me of the Possum Lodge's Man Pledge, from the Red Green show: "I'm a man; but I can change; if I have to."
[/Random Thought]
"I guess"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

shadowinthelight wrote:
[/Random Thought]
"I guess"
Arg! I even looked it up, to make sure I had it right (changing the punctuation to fit what I read) and I still forgot to add the last two words! :x
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

It's OK, LW. Just remember to "keep your stick on the ice". ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Not coming from a skate heavy part of the world, please tell me that's not a metaphor...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Oh, it's definitely a metaphor; fortunately, neither "stick" nor "ice" are euphemisms.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

shadowinthelight wrote:
[/Random Thought]
"I guess"
"Quando omni flunkus moritani"
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
illiad

Post by illiad »

shadowinthelight wrote:It's OK, LW. Just remember to "keep your stick on the ice". ;)
well, if you are talking ice hockey, its a fast, violent game, so if you dont keep your hockey stick on the ice, you may miss a shot or have a shot hit a soft part of you... you lose points, or get a trip in the ambulance... :lol:

oh, and that cheeky girl you see?? that is NOT tsillah.. she is the shadow, and that girl is her 'projection' - it can be what ever she wants!!

some Greek myth research...
Charon is the ferryman to Hades
Hades is the god of the underworld, part of which is the land of the dead..
Erebus is the god of darkness or shadow, but also the name of the entry to underworld...
but this is well confused by greeks romans and others rewriting it!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hades
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

illiad wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:It's OK, LW. Just remember to "keep your stick on the ice". ;)
well, if you are talking ice hockey, its a fast, violent game, so if you dont keep your hockey stick on the ice, you may miss a shot or have a shot hit a soft part of you... you lose points, or get a trip in the ambulance... :lol:
Also, if your stick is on the ice, you can't be accused of hitting anyone with it... :P

Urban Dictionary's definition for Keep your stick on the ice

Wikipedia's article on The Red Green Show