See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Post by shadowinthelight »

Looks like Tsillah is doing an impression of one of those deep sea fish. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
davids4250

Re: See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Post by davids4250 »

That light bulb could come in handy at times.
I think she got their attention.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Shademaker

Post by Shademaker »

Paul, thanks for bringing Tsillah back. She's the most intriguing support character I've seen - in any literature - since the GGs.
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

AAaaand yet another twist I didn't see coming.....dammit!

So the Vampy sisters are working for the MIB now....lovely.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

They were transported to their new job location. T is in MIB so that explains who she is laision for. Now who the BAD( Bad Assed Demon) was is the only issue from Friday left. lol. Was it really T showing another image to get their attention? I'd say probably. Just remember, Who Knows? De Shadow Do'. Is T's last name Lamont?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The Shadow's name was Lamont Cranston, not the other way around.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:The Shadow's name was Lamont Cranston, not the other way around.
Actually, the Shadow was Kent Allard, who "borrowed" Cranston's identity.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Tsillah has a warped sense of humour.

I shudder to think of the carnage if she and Connie ever teamed up...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Props to all who called Tsillah. This arc is going to be just full of interesting characters.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Fairportfan wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:The Shadow's name was Lamont Cranston, not the other way around.
Since you were there and I'm just going by second-hand knowledge, I bow to your superior grasp of the facts. :twisted: :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Since you were there and I'm just going by second-hand knowledge, I bow to your superior grasp of the facts. :twisted: :ugeek:
Actually, i wasn't there - my Dad was, though.

And that's one of several different versions of the mythology. The radio version was rather different from any of the pulp magazine versions, and there were two or three different takes on the whole thing in the magazine.

Oddly enough, the radio show came before the magazine.

However, the magazine version is considered canon by a lot of people, and the Kent Allard version is the one that a lot of people like.

On the radio, Cranston was the Shadow; the Shadow was an identity that Cranston assumed, the same way that Clark Kent takes on the identity of Superman. (Yes, i consider that Clark Kent is the "real" person.)

In the pulps, Cranston was one of many identities that the Shadow sometimes assumed - sort of the way Batman assumes the identity of Bruce Wayne or "Matches" Malone or any other.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

I think Tsillah has just teleported them to the MIB East Coast field office, located at (41.752793, -71.474010).

First person to figure out why it's located there, gets a rebate from the Pun Jar.

(Deposits an old tape recording of a "Phantom Express" radio show into the Pun Jar as pre-payment)
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Tsillah has a dsiguise power that Nudge would envy; hopefully Nudge won't recruit her into being a Trickster-in-Traning in return for some shapeshifting tips....

BTW, called it! :D
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Dave wrote:I think Tsillah has just teleported them to the MIB East Coast field office, located at (41.752793, -71.474010).

First person to figure out why it's located there, gets a rebate from the Pun Jar.

(Deposits an old tape recording of a "Phantom Express" radio show into the Pun Jar as pre-payment)
Annie's Escapes Custom Travel Planning: the same kind of cover that the RCSI uses
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Congratulation, welcome to MIB. You are now at the bottom of the totem pole, and the food chain. At least you can (maybe) work your way up the totem pole.

Now:
  • How does the gang feel about working with vampires? How do the vampires feel about working under the Demon Shepherd and a sphinx?
  • Were their files sent ahead, or does Lily Pratt get to brief them on the incidents resulting Suzie McBride’s impulse control problems? Monica is probably their new boss, her response will be interesting.
  • Are the vampires going to stay together or will they be broken up and assigned new partners?
Monica is the type to take on the biggest problems herself, so I expect that Suzie, with or without Lily, will be working with her. Suzie will be getting a personal demon assigned to her by Monica to keep an eye on her and play ‘Jiminy Cricket’. The demon will probably not be happy, and take it out on Suzie.

Wonder if Justin is also about to get reassigned?

Can’t wait for them to meet Tina, and find out what she serves them. At least we don’t have to worry about it being a Bloody Mary.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hah.. I stand corrected.. Nót Doubt, but ,yup, Tsillah.
Soo.. she can indeed take on any shape she likes, and not just size-differentiations of a standard mode.. cool.

The head-light is a really funny visual gag, I'd have to say.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

scantrontb wrote:
Dave wrote:I think Tsillah has just teleported them to the MIB East Coast field office, located at (41.752793, -71.474010).

Annie's Escapes Custom Travel Planning: the same kind of cover that the RCSI uses
??? *drawing blank*

59 Mountain Laurel Drive, Cranston. I fail to see the significance , as to the "WHY". Something in popular culture I missed apparently.. Google maps' sattelite image is darned good there, though..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Alright, I'm secure enough to admit that I was wrong. Mea culpa, et cetera. Honestly, I thought Tsillah would be way too happy working with Mon; it really didn't seem like she'd drop that to suddenly round up these two.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Like I've said in the forums here - "This would be a great job if it wasn't for the work they want you to do."
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

With her fish light on, Tsillah has a Dr Suess vibe going there.