See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
illiad

Re: See In The Dark 2012-11-13

Post by illiad »

davids4250 wrote: Nah, if Google was entwined with MIB, they wouldnt show it at all, seems to me.
or have 'strategically placed clouds'... :p
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

davids4250 wrote:It looks like Tsillah's light does not cast her shadow. Could this be because she IS the shadow around them" Also, Lily, being a supe herself, should know that just because someone (or something) looks like a little girl, that deos not mean it is! Silly vampire!
That's because Tsillah's "physical form" doesn't actually exist
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote: Part of me suggests that you drive up from Narragansett to Cranston to check it out. The better part of me says don't do it, we'd never hear from you again.
I grew up in Woonsocket - even at that I wouldn't wish Cranston on my worst enemies - never mind anyone with the taste to acquaint themselves with the Wapsiverse.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:It looks like Tsillah's light does not cast her shadow. Could this be because she IS the shadow around them" Also, Lily, being a supe herself, should know that just because someone (or something) looks like a little girl, that deos not mean it is! Silly vampire!
That's because Tsillah's "physical form" doesn't actually exist
Well, let's just say that her "physical form" is distinctly conditional, and subject to negotiation, whim, and a really odd sense of fashion.

We've seen that she is (or can be) physically "there" enough to carry around real objects, such as her notebook and pen - if these had been purely illusion or shadow-stuff then I doubt Shelly would have been able to use them to give her a real autograph.

I get the feeling that Tsillah is a bit like a holodeck projection with free will - she's physically present (and capable of interacting with solid matter) to the degree that she happens to want to be, at any particular moment. Hmmm... I wonder whether her "focus of attention" and projected form is limited to being in one place at a time, or whether she's able to manifest herself in two or more locations at once?
chaotik74

Post by chaotik74 »

So now the MiB are actually a bunch of demon girls loyal to Monica.

ookaaayy.....

it's not like this series didn't jump the shark a LONG time ago.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

chaotik74 wrote:So now the MiB are actually a bunch of demon girls loyal to Monica.

ookaaayy.....

There were plenty of aliens in the MIB movies' MIB... why shouldn't there be supernaturals in the Wapsiverse's MIB? And we still don't know of any demons being part of the MIB so far. All we know is that it was created by the GGs, has a titan in its midst (Tsillah), and two vampirers have just been added to their roster.

And if you really and truly feel that the comic has jumped the shark a long time ago, what are you doing still reading it? :roll:
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:When she says welcome to the MIB she's hopefully referring to the organization and not it's main location. Surely they have better facilities than some dank, so-dark-even-a-vampire-can't-see, cave. Assuming they are in a cave and Tsillah isn't also creating the background and everything.
They might be in the boiler room of the Library Annex, Tsillah appears to know it well http://wapsisquare.com/comic/kidding-me/.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote: (snip, snippity...)
The early-20th-century pulp-fiction-and-radio character "The Shadow" went by the name of Lamont Cranston. "Lamont" is derived from an old Norse name meaning "lawman" but it's also similar in sound to French phrasing meaning "the mountain".

So, I Googled around for a location involving Cranston, and mountains... and Google found one decent correspondence between the two terms, that being "Mountain Laurel Drive" in "Cranston, RI".
apaologies for lateness.. had a really awfull cold.. :| :| :cry: :cry:

- more research needed... If you know the old 'dark shadows' TV series, it is based in Collinwood Mansion, near Collinsport, Maine... the real location is here..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collinwood_Mansion

I must have missed the johnny depp film, but got it on disc, great stuff! :D

and yes, there is one near Minneapolis! :D - Collinwood Township, Meeker County, Minnesota.. :)
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

chaotik74 wrote:So now the MiB are actually a bunch of demon girls loyal to Monica.

ookaaayy.....

Oh, hey, aren't you the guy who biatched about how Jeph Jacques drew one of his characters in a bikini?

If you are, #### you 500 ways to ####ing Sunday, #####.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dave wrote:Tsillah is a creature of shadows - EDITED

The early-20th-century pulp-fiction-and-radio character "The Shadow" went by the name of Lamont Cranston. "Lamont" is derived from an old Norse name meaning "lawman" but it's also similar in sound to French phrasing meaning "the mountain". EDITED

Only the shadow knows... and she isn't telling (yet).
So Tsillah is The Shadow! :o She just made herself look like Lamont Cranston! :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Julie wrote:
Dave wrote:Tsillah is a creature of shadows - EDITED

The early-20th-century pulp-fiction-and-radio character "The Shadow" went by the name of Lamont Cranston. "Lamont" is derived from an old Norse name meaning "lawman" but it's also similar in sound to French phrasing meaning "the mountain". EDITED

Only the shadow knows... and she isn't telling (yet).
So Tsillah is The Shadow! :o She just made herself look like Lamont Cranston! :P
:lol:
I wonder how Margo Lane feels about that?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have over 300 episodes of 'The Shadow' on my iPoot <3
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

Just Old Al wrote:
Dave wrote: Part of me suggests that you drive up from Narragansett to Cranston to check it out. The better part of me says don't do it, we'd never hear from you again.
I grew up in Woonsocket - even at that I wouldn't wish Cranston on my worst enemies - never mind anyone with the taste to acquaint themselves with the Wapsiverse.
Oh please - I hafta drive past and thru Creeeanston :lol: on rte 95 and rte 10 every day! And spending my late teens and twenties in Foster certainly shows that there's a rift in the multiverse somewhere. If you are familiar with HP Lovecraft, I lived on his grandmother's (the Place family) farm for quite a few years. And thereby hangs more than a few tales....... ;)
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Kaibyo wrote: Oh please - I hafta drive past and thru Creeeanston :lol: on rte 95 and rte 10 every day! And spending my late teens and twenties in Foster certainly shows that there's a rift in the multiverse somewhere. If you are familiar with HP Lovecraft, I lived on his grandmother's (the Place family) farm for quite a few years. And thereby hangs more than a few tales....... ;)
Cuthullu be praised, yes, I am very familiar with HP's works - growing up 20 miles (and 80 years) apart tends to generate a certain fascination...

Having been a field service engineer in RI lo these many years ago i spent a lot of soul-sucking time down in that part of the state...insurance companies...{shudder}.

Al
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Tsilly is certainly a cheerful little imp. Sort of resembles a chipmunk in the 3rd panel. Wait till Lily finds out the little girl she thinks she is talking to isn't actually Tsillah either.

When she says welcome to the MIB she's hopefully referring to the organization and not it's main location. Surely they have better facilities than some dank, so-dark-even-a-vampire-can't-see, cave. Assuming they are in a cave and Tsillah isn't also creating the background and everything.
I don't think she transported them anywhere. They're right there on the street, obscured from view by Tsillah's power. They couldn't see because they were enveloped in pure elemental shadow.
But you have to admit, she gives a whole new interpretation to "Men (or Vamps) in Black" . . .