Not Intended 2019-04-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Not Intended 2019-04-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Face it, Bud.

The stinkweed's mouth is quicker than yours.

You're going.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-intended/
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Re: Not Intended 2019-04-19

Post by Opus the Poet »

Well, this is a pickle for Bud. Then again why turn down a free vacation?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Re: Not Intended 2019-04-17

Post by lake_wrangler »

Too late, Bud: you've already dug your hole...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Bud: "How dare you use my own words against me!"
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, if in the end there nothing left of that part of Germany but a mass of charcoal...
can we say that Bud made Black Forest caked?

(Pickle is using her ancient Blackthorn wisdom in manipulative ways. This does not bode well for anyone's peace and quiet.)

EDIT: I think this is the first time we've ever been given an overview of the World Grid system. It looks as if there are major nodes in England (Stonehenge area?), somewhere in the Middle East (maybe Cairo around the Pyramids, maybe Jerusalem?), Eastern China (possibly Tibet?), and in Russia bordering the Sea of Othotsk.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Its looking more and more like Aunt Bud best be lining up some backup. Perhaps an expert in dealing with youngsters and people in general like Tata Phix.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
ziggy78eog

Re: Not Intended 2019-04-19

Post by ziggy78eog »

Opus the Poet wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:13 pm Well, this is a pickle for Bud. Then again why turn down a free vacation?
She talks with Valery and Digit, and the joys of chaperoning a group of teenagers. My guess is she just does not want to be the one saddled with this responability; especially this group.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

"Be on your very best behavior, or I'll ask your mom to chaperone."

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:46 pm EDIT: I think this is the first time we've ever been given an overview of the World Grid system. It looks as if there are major nodes in England (Stonehenge area?), somewhere in the Middle East (maybe Cairo around the Pyramids, maybe Jerusalem?), Eastern China (possibly Tibet?), and in Russia bordering the Sea of Othotsk.
Though she was talking about the ley lines when she was looking at that screen, not the grid anchor points. Is there any relation between the two?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm Though she was talking about the ley lines when she was looking at that screen, not the grid anchor points. Is there any relation between the two?
Hmm. Looking at that picture I didn't see anything corresponding to the ley line she mentioned... and my recollection is that ley lines are believed to form a complex and not particularly regular or symmetrical network. What the screens are showing looks more like the more-regular geometry that the World Grid might have.

I could of course be entire wrong.