No Demon 2012-11-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
chibichibi01

Re: No Demon 2012-11-12

Post by chibichibi01 »

DinkyInky wrote:
zachariah wrote:Does anyone hear the theme music from Dark Shadows playng in the background?
As long as it's not that visual diarrhea that Tim Burton just churned out from the bowels of somewhere vile.

Jonathan Frid made that role, and Johnny Depp(for all his quirks), cannot make it work.
Just de-lurking to say that Frid /loved/ the new movie... y'know. Before he passed away.
ImageImage
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:
zachariah wrote:Does anyone hear the theme music from Dark Shadows playng in the background?
As long as it's not that visual diarrhea that Tim Burton just churned out from the bowels of somewhere vile.

Jonathan Frid made that role, and Johnny Depp(for all his quirks), cannot make it work.
I've only seen the trailers, not the film itself, but from that little look it didn't seem as if Burton had even tried to capture the feel of the original show and character at all.

Maybe he misread a vowel, and was trying to re-make Dork Shadows?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Atomic wrote:Ok -- Jabber beat me to it with his Hot Wings version of Not Here Now, but this gives me an idea on how to re-color it.... heh heh heh....

Stupid swimmy head cold. Bleah. Sniffle.
I hope we will still get to see your version of it...
Try hot tea with a dollop of Irish Whiskey in it. It doesn't help the cold, but after a couple of cups of that, you don't care...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
Fairportfan wrote: And, as well, Tsillah is the first Really Creepy main cast member* introduced (assuming she is going to be "main cast"), and this character seems to be rather enjoying being creepy-with-a-capital-creep.

==========

* Monica's demons don't really count in that reckoning...
...I'd say Shelly's "Companion" does, thought. She was referred to as "Creepy Little Girl" by a certain Demonic Barista.
Duh.

OTOH, i could claim i was thinking of her under the same rubric as Monica's posse.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

chibichibi01 wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Just de-lurking to say that Frid /loved/ the new movie... y'know. Before he passed away.
Oh, good. I had presumed that the Burton movie was the shock that finally killed him.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

No demon, no cry.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

MerchManDan wrote:I'm not %100 sure this is Tsillah either; she's busy liais-ing with/fangirl-ing over Mon. This creature bears an uncanny resemblance to Tina, but that surely can't be.
She can't be any of Tina's demons, no.

But the scariest parts of Wapsi girls aren't their demons...

it's

something

else

(organ music and Frid-chortles in the deep distance)
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Also, it would seem these two don't have the lightening fast speed and reflexes that have become popular in vampire shows of late. Neither even pulled their guns. Probably would not have done any good, but they might have tried as a last resort. Since she wasn't a demon, it might have done some good. With their lives at stake, it was worth a try. Heck, a flashlight might have made a good weapon against encroaching darkness. Better yet, if their cell phones had a flash.
This brings up a good question - what loadouts do supernaturals carry in their weapons? What other equipment do they carry - the EMF detectors from Radio Quack like the Ghost Hunters? Do their smartphones have ouija board apps? Is there an electric pentacle rolled up in the trunk?
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yamara wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:I'm not %100 sure this is Tsillah either; she's busy liais-ing with/fangirl-ing over Mon. This creature bears an uncanny resemblance to Tina, but that surely can't be.
She can't be any of Tina's demons, no.

But the scariest parts of Wapsi girls aren't their demons...

it's

something

else

(organ music and Frid-chortles in the deep distance)
Why do I suddenly hear the music of a certain Minneapolis-based R&B/funk singer, wearing Purple?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

OK OK, some pretty strong arguments supporting the Tsillah theory. I resisted believing it because this character doesn't sound/act like Tsillah. The dripping shadows, the almost gleeful - um, relatively speaking - reaction to "getting her hands on a couple of vampires," the purposeful freaking-out of Pratt & McBride....it's just not HER. At least, not how I imagined her.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

MerchManDan wrote:OK OK, some pretty strong arguments supporting the Tsillah theory. I resisted believing it because this character doesn't sound/act like Tsillah. The dripping shadows, the almost gleeful - um, relatively speaking - reaction to "getting her hands on a couple of vampires," the purposeful freaking-out of Pratt & McBride....it's just not HER. At least, not how I imagined her.
Well, if Tsillah is Charon's daughter (as she has stated), then she may be a lot older than she looks while in her "goofy schoolgirl" guise. Charon has been around at least since the destruction of Lanthis, and we don't have any solid recent to believe that Tsillah was born only in the last few years. Yes, she came across as a fangirl with Shelly and Monica... but Euryale is at least as squeee-prone, and we know she's many centuries old at least. Tsillah could potentially be just as old, and just as complex a character as Euryale.

If this is Tsillah, then my musing of a couple of weeks ago remains relevant... I wonder where her true loyalties lie and what her true agenda is!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:If this is Tsillah, then my musing of a couple of weeks ago remains relevant... I wonder where her true loyalties lie and what her true agenda is!
The Shadow knows!
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

The Shadow.
Dave wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:OK OK, some pretty strong arguments supporting the Tsillah theory. I resisted believing it because this character doesn't sound/act like Tsillah. The dripping shadows, the almost gleeful - um, relatively speaking - reaction to "getting her hands on a couple of vampires," the purposeful freaking-out of Pratt & McBride....it's just not HER. At least, not how I imagined her.
Well, if Tsillah is Charon's daughter (as she has stated), then she may be a lot older than she looks while in her "goofy schoolgirl" guise. Charon has been around at least since the destruction of Lanthis, and we don't have any solid recent to believe that Tsillah was born only in the last few years.
Charon has a mom, too.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Of course! Here's the family portrait:

Of course, they haven't formally named Baxter and Boo yet. And they misspelled Tsillah. Must be a cheap photo lab.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

:lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

We are also forgetting that we do not know who Tsillah's mother is. all we know is that she has the same facial markings as Nudge (which makes you wonder if Nudge has been a mommy before)
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.