Worst Best Friend 2019-03-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Worst Best Friend 2019-03-25

Post by lake_wrangler »

Consider the lampshade hung, over Castela's "most common superpower"...
Dave

Re: Worst Best Friend 2019-03-25

Post by Dave »

Polka-dot underwear? Well, I suppose that it's much less likely to generate life-ending ridicule than Timmy's Naruto underwear of yore!

Still, it would take a confirmed "worst best friend" to expose one's underwear to casual examination and commentary by any classmates who happen to be nearby. Especially, to do so while apologizing.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

So, confirmation that Castel wears polkadot boy shorts as underwear, and not the thong her sister wore at the same age because of her tail. Another web comic I read explicitly says sprouting a tail with granny panties on causes a "tail Wedgie" that varies from extremely uncomfortable to excruciatingly painful depending on the panties. :twisted: :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yeah, Castela is too much of an Action type person (flying all around her Practice Range on Plasma Bolts n' stuff) to have really dainty undies on.

Still, it's good to see the Gal o' Steel pop back up.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Opus the Poet wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:41 pm So, confirmation that Castel wears polkadot boy shorts as underwear, and not the thong her sister wore at the same age because of her tail. Another web comic I read explicitly says sprouting a tail with granny panties on causes a "tail Wedgie" that varies from extremely uncomfortable to excruciatingly painful depending on the panties. :twisted: :ugeek:
Amusingly, there's discussion of tail wedgies in another webcomic I read (frequently NSFW)... and those ladies get it far worse than Atsali would.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am waiting to see the reaction over hey by the way i got a girl friend now
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Meanwhile, further hints that even "ordinary" paranormals who aren't renowned for their super-strength are a lot stronger than humans. Daylla casually flipping Castela over like this, Euryale holding Monica out at arms length with no problem, Nudge slinging a keg over her shoulder as though it were an empty cardboard box, Atsali abducting a grown woman, Atsali's mother punching through an armoured person's chest. . .the average human would want to think twice about trying to compete in even an amateur paranormal arm-wrestling tournament.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

This is probably the closest we will get to a, "panty shot", in Paul's comic. ;)

It is nice to see Daylla back, though.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

ziggy78eog wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:41 am This is probably the closest we will get to a, "panty shot", in Paul's comic. ;)
sssshhhhhhAAAAADuuuuupppp...

*Fan Service*, *Fan Service*. (get with the program...) :P
It is nice to see Daylla back, though.
It is indeed.

btw- we're pretty sure D. is supery-dupery stronger than the average bear, on'a count of she's at least semi-metallic.
(If for no other reason she has to be able to move her own self around, etc)...

I'd think she'd be pretty far up there on the strength scale, along with a fair amount of invulnerability to boot-
but I'm a bit concerned about her conductivity, esp if she's given to hanging around on the roof w/ Castela during thunderstorms...
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Her skin would just act as a faraday cage - electricity prefers to flow on the surface of objects. Her high conductovitybwould encourage that - if the surface has high resistance, THEN it starts looking at the interior for a path of least resistance. So that will keep the electricity away from her nervous system.

And her conductivity is exactly what makes her invulnerable to electricity in terms of physical damage - resistance makes heat, and the heat is what causes a lot of non-nerve-related damage.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm Her skin would just act as a faraday cage - electricity prefers to flow on the surface of objects. Her high conductovitybwould encourage that - if the surface has high resistance, THEN it starts looking at the interior for a path of least resistance. So that will keep the electricity away from her nervous system.

And her conductivity is exactly what makes her invulnerable to electricity in terms of physical damage - resistance makes heat, and the heat is what causes a lot of non-nerve-related damage.
True... but lightning carries a lot of energy, and it tends to flow everywhere - not only in the path of least resistance (although the amount of current flow through any area will be roughly proportional to the inverse of the resistance of that pathway). Lightning is quite capable of melting or exploding some fairly-heavy-gauge conductors... 30,000 Amperes will dissipate a lot of heat into even a small amount of resistance. Even a fraction of an ohm could be enough to cause enough heat dissipation to vaporize part of her skin, at least.

Older novels use to speak of an upset woman as having "the vapors". In Daylla's case, those vapors might be literal rather than metaphorical.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I distinctly remember an old comic where Monica was standing in her kitchen wearing ONLY a pair of panties while brewing coffee, and Jin gave her breasts a grope.

Did that not count?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yeah I kinda forgot how utterly titanic the forces are when it comes to natural lightning.

She could probably handle just about anything man-made, but God’s Own Sniper Rifle might be a bit much for her.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

This is Wapsi!, She can Take It!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm She could probably handle just about anything man-made, but God’s Own Sniper Rifle might be a bit much for her.
Speaking of G.O.S.R., did you see the news blurb about the bolide which blew up above the Bering Sea shortly before Christmas last year? Estimated at around 173 kT equivalent. It was apparently somewhat smaller than the one which broke windows in Chelyabinsk, and definitely smaller than Tunguska... but may have been #3 in the past century or so.

At least, I hope it was a bolide. Given the date, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that the inertial dampers on Santa's sled may have failed :shock:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

TazManiac wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:49 am*Fan Service*, *Fan Service*. (get with the program...) :P
I forget which comic, but I have run across a webcomic wherin the author drew an image of one of the female characters from the comic in the process of reparing a fan, and wondering what was all that special about "fan service" that people would keep asking for it... :lol: :lol: :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm
TazManiac wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:49 am*Fan Service*, *Fan Service*. (get with the program...) :P
I forget which comic, but I have run across a webcomic wherin the author drew an image of one of the female characters from the comic in the process of reparing a fan, and wondering what was all that special about "fan service" that people would keep asking for it... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I believe that would be our Alaskan friends over at The Whiteboard.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Or it might have been this Freefall fan-art (pun probably unavoidable, but I wouldn't have avoided it anyway)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious Anger
those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers,
And you will know My name is the Lord
when I lay my BOLIDE upon thee...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:56 pm
lake_wrangler wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm
I believe that would be our Alaskan friends over at The Whiteboard.
That wasn't the first time, either . . . IIRC the first time Doc contacted with an HVAC firm, and their servicemen had plumber's pants.

And then there was the time Pirta (the sexy snow-leopard babe) was topless . . . and SFW.

--FreeFlier