First Date 2019-02-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

First Date 2019-02-28

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/first-date-2/

What else can I say but... AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! <3 <3 <3
Thor

Re: First Date 2019-02-28

Post by Thor »

Criminy, Pickle! I don't know if the etiquette is different for two girls dating, but in my day it was usually not considered a proper thing to go straight for the boobs on the first date.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 pm Criminy, Pickle! I don't know if the etiquette is different for two girls dating, but in my day it was usually not considered a proper thing to go straight for the boobs on the first date.
And you, Shawna, butt-touching is a third date thing!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 pm Criminy, Pickle! I don't know if the etiquette is different for two girls dating, but in my day it was usually not considered a proper thing to go straight for the boobs on the first date.
We've seen that pixies have a different biochemistry from that of humans, perhaps the same goes for their anatomy. Those might actually be Shawna's secondary ears, or lymph nodes, or a pair of symbiotic limpets.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It's consensual, they're having fun, and they're both legal. Have fun for as long as it lasts. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Depends on the people involved, the context of the date, and the momentary desires versus inhibitions of each person.

I’ve had first dates go WAY quicker, and no they weren’t one-night stands.

Etiquette is... an extremely broad generalization.

I agree wholeheartedly with Opus, and would add the following: in general, the things we regret most are what we didn’t do. Sure, this could turn out to be a horrible pairing, it could very well end in a nuclear firestorm. But, so could not doing this.

After all, years of “will they or won’t they” is... extremely stressful. Pretty sure a few years of that would have made more than a few people’s heads explode.

So... yes. Do what feels good and right, be kind, have fun, try not to break too many laws, and handle what consequences there may be as best you can.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Both are now Freshpersons at Gryphon. This means it's likely they are just turning 16 by year's end.

I also believe both are old enough to drink, per Atsali's observation from a few New Year's back.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Those two look genuinely happy together.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Thor wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 pmCriminy, Pickle! I don't know if the etiquette is different for two girls dating, but in my day it was usually not considered a proper thing to go straight for the boobs on the first date.
Not without an explicit invitation, anyway . . .

--FreeFlier
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:57 am Both are now Freshpersons at Gryphon. This means it's likely they are just turning 16 by year's end.

I also believe both are old enough to drink, per Atsali's observation from a few New Year's back.
Shawna is actually a Senior, like Hiroshi.

Not that there isn't also a huge amount of room to argue about Pickle's "actual" age.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Catawampus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 pm
We've seen that pixies have a different biochemistry from that of humans, perhaps the same goes for their anatomy. Those might actually be Shawna's secondary ears, or lymph nodes, or a pair of symbiotic limpets.
Or Dalek radar modules!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Atomic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm Or Dalek radar modules!
Wouldn't Tina have reacted to that, then?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Catawampus wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 pm
Wouldn't Tina have reacted to that, then?
Very badly, if that last episode meant anything.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm
Catawampus wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 pm
Or Dalek radar modules!
"I'll explain later."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Well, if you look at it, it is just her Castela's arms wrapped around Shawna's chest, with no attempt at using the hands to, "get a feel"; you can speculate about the hand underneath, but that is a tight embrace, and so the hand would be under the armpit, well past the boob zone. Yes, that is an intimate embrace, but these are still hormone-driven teenagers. Also, think about this, if Castela wrapped her arms around Shawna's waist, in a more innocent hug, that would force Shawna's hands lower, and that would be far more intimate than what you see here.

Edit:
Also, Paul, or someone else, needs to clean up, and, possibly, color, this picture. As good as it looks now, it would be even better if it were a finished drawing, and not just a sketch.
Thor

Post by Thor »

ziggy78eog wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:55 pm
Well, if you look at it, it is just her Castela's arms wrapped around Shawna's chest, with no attempt at using the hands to, "get a feel"; you can speculate about the hand underneath, but that is a tight embrace, and so the hand would be under the armpit, well past the boob zone.
The best way to explain why that is physically impossible would be for you to actually try it. If you don't have a person to hug, just mime it over a person-sized gap in front of you.

We can agree that Castela's outermost hand is resting on the innermost hand's forearm, yes? Since the tips of her fingers are not anywhere near the elbow, that means that the ball of her hand is resting on or very near the inner arm's wrist joint. If the outer hand is centered in front of Shawna, this puts the palm of her inner hand cupped neatly around Shawna's right breast. Again, test it out yourself.

If the inner hand was in Shawna's armpit as you claim, Castela's inner elbow would have to be directly under where her outer hand is, and as we can see, the elbow is nowhere near there.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:50 am
"I'll explain later."
Explanation!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atomic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:56 pm
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:50 am
"I'll explain later."
Explanation!
Yep. "The Curse of Fatal Death".

But that's just the last third or so...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

At first I too thought Cas was grabbing her breasts, but upon reflection it looks like she's not setting out to cup one or both, rather it looks like shes got a hug going on, 'Up High' as it were...

btw- RANDOM BUTTON strikes again... <--(click the link)
Thor

Post by Thor »

TazManiac wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 pm At first I too thought Cas was grabbing her breasts, but upon reflection it looks like she's not setting out to cup one or both, rather it looks like shes got a hug going on, 'Up High' as it were...
Most of the time when you hug a woman from the back, you usually do go "up high"--which normally means around the shoulders and across the clavicles--or "down low"--which means around the lower ribs and over the breadbasket. Both of these imply a certain level of comfort or familiarity, but are generally safe from any copping, accidental or otherwise. The middle way--across the bosom--is not something you should attempt without a certain level of intimacy, as you will be touching breast tissue with a certain level of emphaticness, even if you somehow avoid winding up with a handful.

(And just to make sure I wasn't spouting stuff and nonsense, I did a Google Image Search on "hugging from behind" and the only other variant I found was the one where the arms go over the top of the shoulder and the hands dangle out in space. so there's that.)