Had This Talk 2019-02-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

Had This Talk 2019-02-20

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/had-this-talk/

Meanwhile in the corridor just outside, Shawna and Pickle are making out like they need each other to breathe.
Opus the Poet

Re: Had This Talk 2019-02-20

Post by Opus the Poet »

Hiroshi has even less social awareness than I did at that age, which is not something to be proud of.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 am http://wapsisquare.com/comic/had-this-talk/

Meanwhile in the corridor just outside, Shawna and Pickle are making out like they need each other to breathe.
You know, technically...
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

jeffepp wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 am
Drakkenmensch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:06 am http://wapsisquare.com/comic/had-this-talk/

You know, technically...
Ha ha, I see what you did there! Photosynthesis joke ;)
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Somebody need to Photoshop an Uncle Ben/Peter Parker comic panel, where Uncle Ben is telling Peter Shawna's, "with great hotness comes great responsibility" line.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

ziggy78eog wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am Somebody need to Photoshop an Uncle Ben/Peter Parker comic panel, where Uncle Ben is telling Peter Shawna's, "with great hotness comes great responsibility" line.
I was just going to say "Uncle Ben Strikes Again!"
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am starting to wonder if hotness has a direct correlation to cluelessness.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:29 pm I am starting to wonder if hotness has a direct correlation to cluelessness.
Seems to in the Wapsiverse.

Perhaps there's a character creation system, where there's a certain number of points that have to be allotted to the different attributes and if you put too many in hotness it limits how many you can put in awareness...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:16 pm
oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:29 pm I am starting to wonder if hotness has a direct correlation to cluelessness.
Seems to in the Wapsiverse.

Perhaps there's a character creation system, where there's a certain number of points that have to be allotted to the different attributes and if you put too many in hotness it limits how many you can put in awareness...
Wisdom is the universal dump stat.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:56 pm Wisdom is the universal dump stat.
Elan says hi.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

jwhouk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 pm
Drakkenmensch wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:56 pm Wisdom is the universal dump stat.
Elan says hi.
Banjo approves!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

You know....

Castela, being a Plant based person*, could symbiotically (perhaps) merge with someone else and gain/give nutrients and 'waste gasses'...

It's a thought puzzle to work on-
how might it work, what might be the point of no return, (in terms of reversal to a previous independence), other forms of energy input instead of Sunlight, and so on...

*(I know, I know- shes a plant/animal hybrid already, but that presupposes a lot of the underlying stuff is being taken care of, within herself, already.)
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

That seems a bit like how coral and the embedded algae in the polyps work.

I imagine it would require integration from the embryonic stage - integrating later would involve a LOT of pain on the part of the not-Castela person and immune responses... likely from both parties.

Not to mention Lovecraftian body horror.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Maybe I'm just as clueless but I am not getting what Hiroshi is doing wrong aside from, apparently, being attractive.
AnotherFairportfan

Akeche wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 pm Maybe I'm just as clueless but I am not getting what Hiroshi is doing wrong aside from, apparently, being attractive.
Basically, he's doing Tina's trick, but in a lot more detail.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

He’s being attractive, and letting it be known that he actually pays attention to, and likes, people who think he is completely out of their league.

See: Devyn losing her shit at the pool when Atsali said she wished she was like her.

I honestly don’t get it either, but I never idolized the popular kids at my school, nor was I popular.
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:50 pm
Akeche wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 pmMaybe I'm just as clueless but I am not getting what Hiroshi is doing wrong aside from, apparently, being attractive.
Basically, he's doing Tina's trick, but in a lot more detail.
Maybe . . . and it's never been established just how much Tina can read from someone's aura. She may be getting a lot more that what kind of coffee someone really likes, and not discussing that.

Though I really think that Hiroshi got his information the normal way, and is just being clueless about the effect his knowing would have on ubergeek girls.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

The thing is, the girls have just been confronted with someone they probably never saw before, who knows all about them.

As if he were a stalker who they didn't even know existed.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 pm The thing is, the girls have just been confronted with someone they probably never saw before, who knows all about them.

As if he were a stalker who they didn't even know existed.
He’s in their grade.

Dunno how big your school is, but I suspect they might know of him.

He’s observant about facts, just totally clueless about tact, it seems.
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Gryphon would appear to be Pretty Damn Big - i have the impression it's THE para school for a multi-state area.