In Your Lockers 2012-11-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

In Your Lockers 2012-11-08

Post by Fairportfan »

Ah ha! Off to join the MiB. (Monsters in Black)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Re: In Your Lockers 2012-11-08

Post by shadowinthelight »

Typo in panel 2, bubble 3 "you" -> "your"
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

shadowinthelight wrote:Typo in panel 2, bubble 3 "you" -> "your"
Fixed. =) Hit F5
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

I like the running visual theme of the glare from the desk lamp.

On a characterization note, I still say Suzie is from an earlier era. Her bewildered expression through this whole ordeal is of someone who knows she's in trouble but isn't really quite sure why.

Lily's outrage is understandable. She's been good and has been a valuable agent. Too bad she's the one chosen to babysit Suzie.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

So that's why there is such an eclectic mix of characters in Minneapolis. You screw up royally, and you're a supernatural, you get sent there. I guess the boss means there will be many other supernatural predators there to see to it that Suzie stays in line (or else) so he won't have to babysit them anymore. And they will probably be a lot sterner than he is. Probably why Lily is so skittish about meeting any of them for any reason.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:So that's why there is such an eclectic mix of characters in Minneapolis. You screw up royally, and you're a supernatural, you get sent there. I guess the boss means there will be many other supernatural predators there to see to it that Suzie stays in line (or else) so he won't have to babysit them anymore. And they will probably be a lot sterner than he is. Probably why Lily is so skittish about meeting any of them for any reason.
I more or less agree, but it may not be that they screwed up as much as showed something that made a favorable impression. One must remember that in real life nothing is black and white, everything is a shade of gray, so a certain pragmatism must be used when dealing with things.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Mark N wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:So that's why there is such an eclectic mix of characters in Minneapolis. You screw up royally, and you're a supernatural, you get sent there. I guess the boss means there will be many other supernatural predators there to see to it that Suzie stays in line (or else) so he won't have to babysit them anymore. And they will probably be a lot sterner than he is. Probably why Lily is so skittish about meeting any of them for any reason.
I more or less agree, but it may not be that they screwed up as much as showed something that made a favorable impression. One must remember that in real life nothing is black and white, everything is a shade of gray, so a certain pragmatism must be used when dealing with things.
You are both wrong. It's a good place to keep people on ice. Give them a chance to cool down. If you catch my drift. I admidt this does sound flaky but but it's a chance to take that job and shovel it!

Sorry not enough money to pay for this one I fear the punjar WILL take a contract out on me. And no it is not a tender for fixing potholes either.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

At least I didn't say it was a good chance to get into snow business now did I.

Puw-puw-puw (Sounds of shots from the pun jar)
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

zachariah wrote:At least I didn't say it was a good chance to get into snow business now did I.

If you heard the shots, it wasn't the Pun Jar...
Professional.png
Professional.png (143.14 KiB) Viewed 12797 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
zachariah wrote:At least I didn't say it was a good chance to get into snow business now did I.

OK, JW. I give... I have to ask. Where the Hell did you find that one?
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

There is an ancient military saying, probably found in Sun Zu's The Art of War:

Why not Minot,
Freezin's the Reason.

And it 'tint that far away from da Twins.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Of course the pun jar can afford the purrr-fect sniper.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Boxilar wrote:On a characterization note, I still say Suzie is from an earlier era. Her bewildered expression through this whole ordeal is of someone who knows she's in trouble but isn't really quite sure why.
That's about what I'd conclude from Lily's comment a few days ago about (not) eating prisoners. She implied pretty strongly that Suzie was a vampire back in the 1890s and was eating prisoners then. Suzie's response of "Fine!" felt like "Yes, I'll obey your restriction" rather than "Yes, I understand why it's wrong to do that."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

OK, JW. I give... I have to ask. Where the Hell did you find that one?
That one, with and without the rifle, has been floating around the net for years.
I had it with 'Sniper Cat waits for his shot' on the counter at one of our satellites and it got a lot of 'can I have a copy of that?' from the soldiers...
zacharaiah wrote:Of course the pun jar can afford the purrr-fect sniper.
That's just going to raise the bounty...
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Now I wonder: Is Chief stressed just because Pratt & McBride regularly go against regulations, or does he have a whole menagerie of supernatural agents making his job a Hell on Earth? Either way, no wonder he guzzles PeptoBismol like it's chocolate milk.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I can see it now.

Kitty Galore: Kitty to Base have acquired taget!

Base: You are cleared to terminate.

Kitty: Relax...Relax....Deep Breath...Paws....Turn on lasar sight....OH BRIGHT SHINY RED SPOT!!!! I MUST POUNCE!

Base: Uh Kitty. Are you there?

Base: Kitty?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

THAT'S why you never give a Sniper Cat a laser aim point...
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

"Are you thinnking what I'm thinking, Pinky?"
"Yes Brain, but where will we find sniper-trained kittens at this time of night?"
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

And all stress leaves the chief's life, he drops 150 pounds, and takes up some old hobbies he enjoyed when he was younger and had the time and energy - fishing, camping, crocheting... And then, Tepoz walks in with 3 Golem Girls and says, "I understand that you're the office's go-to guy for dealing with weird stuff. Well, we're weird stuff, on the lam, and need your help."

TlalocW
Julie

Post by Julie »

This thread is well and truly derailed. :) Oh well. It's amusing.

I understand Pratt's frustration at being "punished" alongside the individual who actually F'ed up, but why is she so indignant? After all, this reassignment could be a better job than the one she's had. Why assume that it's going to suck?
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."