Glaring Fact 2019-02-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Glaring Fact 2019-02-13

Post by Dave »

Ok. Who are these two, how did they get so far out ahead of the rest of the gang in the field of esoteric ghost research, and from which parallel dimension did that apostrophe escape?

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/glaring-fact/
Opus the Poet

Re: Glaring Fact 2019-02-13

Post by Opus the Poet »

When characters pair up and wander off, others move in to occupy the ecological niche. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yes, yes! And what powers do they possess?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Nooooooo... These two better not be taking over as main characters. I am so happy about Shawna and Cass being a couple now, I don't want to only see them once a year like with Monica and Jet. At least with Atsali and Nadette we got a year or so of them as a couple before Cass took over....I mean what's even the point of letting us get invested in two characters falling in love only to take them away from us once they do...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Do love when we get to meet new people but it does cause some concern about the older people
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

*Enjoys some popcorn, seeing people freak out and worry over an issue I had just one thread ago*
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Hey look, fresh meat...errrr....I mean new members, to join the club! Hazzah!
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Akeche wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 am *Enjoys some popcorn, seeing people freak out and worry over an issue I had just one thread ago*
*deep, calming, breath*

No, this is not the same; the, "why are there so many LGBT+ people, over straight people", thread, that you made, is not anywhere similar to, "why are we getting new characters". Not even close, do not even try.
donoho

Post by donoho »

"Or at least who they need at this point in their lives!"

This. This is a concept I missed out on for a (depressingly) significant number of years.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Alright, let's start the guessing as to which one is which!
I think the tall one is Barbara and her friend is Mindy.
Further, I will take guess from this blank and white image that the taller of the two is pale blond and the other an orange-ish redhead.
These are my guesses.

As for why they see well versed in things and aren't in the club yet, well I imagine Scar is on a collision course to find out and correct! :mrgreen:

Edit: I'm also going to ballpark a guess that the taller one's para form is something aquatic. No para guess for the other yet.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, Oh Owlish One-

I'm inclined to agree on the hair color. Barring other clues, I think yer spot on.

- 'Taller One' seems if not Aquatic, then Electric. edit- (Yer Honor I reserve the right to amend and extend my comments!)*
Of the two she seems to one more likely to be played against type, being overwhelmingly strong or dynamic vs her outward appearance.

- 'Shorter of the Two' seems Cricket like, in terms of outgoing personality, Yin/Yang w/ her corridor companion.
She's more physically robust of the two, but that might not track directly w/ any Para-abilities she might have...

(I'm prepared for a sneaky switcheroo...)

*Oooorrrrrrr, she's 'Otherworldy' in nature, something Ghost-whispering, Out-of-Body, 'fit right in with the Club' type business...
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

ziggy78eog wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm
Akeche wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:19 am *Enjoys some popcorn, seeing people freak out and worry over an issue I had just one thread ago*
*deep, calming, breath*

No, this is not the same; the, "why are there so many LGBT+ people, over straight people", thread, that you made, is not anywhere similar to, "why are we getting new characters". Not even close, do not even try.
That is not in any way what I talked about and you know it. I'd be overjoyed to see a gay couple or even a trans man represented. Fall off your high horse.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Akeche wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm
ziggy78eog wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm
*deep, calming, breath*

That is not in any way what I talked about and you know it. I'd be overjoyed to see a gay couple or even a trans man represented. Fall off your high horse.
So replace LGBT+ and straight with women and men, respectively.

“Why are there so many women over men.”

Maybe because it’s a comic about women.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:34 am Ok. Who are these two, how did they get so far out ahead of the rest of the gang in the field of esoteric ghost research, and from which parallel dimension did that apostrophe escape?
I suppose that people who join a club often do so because they've already found out that they enjoy the subject on their own initiative. Monica and Atsali both talked about the stone tape theory as though it was already common knowledge, so maybe it's something that people interested in paranormal (or paraparanormal) events are already familiar with. As for the stuff about parallel realities, I've been hearing that as a reason given for hauntings for years (plus having such an incident happen in that very school already might have made the idea even more widely talked about).

As for the rogue apostrophe, it obviously came from the prime dimension. Connections with the other dimensions is usually more periodic.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

As for the rogue apostrophe, it obviously came from the prime dimension. Connections with the other dimensions is usually more periodic.
But not really comma-n.

(throwing some questionable exclamations to the pun jar)