Covered 2019-02-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

Covered 2019-02-10

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/covered/

The SQUEE heard around the world.
TazManiac

Re: Covered 2019-02-10

Post by TazManiac »

(I still want to put in a bid to DATE these for the corresponding Monday-Wednesday-Friday in which the entries exist. I understand this comic hit the airwaves on Sunday, which is indeed the 10th of Feb, 2019, but in fact its an early post of MONDAY's comic...)

Harrumph...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Every werewolf within a block of the school raises his/her head and looks around...
lake_wrangler

Re: Covered 2019-02-11

Post by lake_wrangler »

TazManiac wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm (I still want to put in a bid to DATE these for the corresponding Monday-Wednesday-Friday in which the entries exist. I understand this comic hit the airwaves on Sunday, which is indeed the 10th of Feb, 2019, but in fact its an early post of MONDAY's comic...)

Harrumph...
That indeed has been the standard for the longest time. Mostly because while the comics are usually posted some time before midnight, the evening before, they sometimes can be posted late. Having the thread dated for the day the comic stands for (i.e. Monday, Wednesday, or Friday) makes for a standardized way of doing things.

Of course, some will say that it shouldn't matter, that it's only a thread name, while others will say "what's so difficult about writing down the date that the comic stands for"...

But really, just how hard is it? :mrgreen:
Last edited by lake_wrangler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

lake_wrangler wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:38 pm
TazManiac wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:07 pm (I still want to put in a bid to DATE these for the corresponding Monday-Wednesday-Friday in which the entries exist. I understand this comic hit the airwaves on Sunday, which is indeed the 10th of Feb, 2019, but in fact its an early post of MONDAY's comic...)

Harrumph...
That indeed has been the standard for the longest time. Mostly because while the comics are usually posted some time before midnight, the evening before, they sometimes can be posted late. Having the thread dated for the day the comic stands for (i.e. Monday, Wednesday, or Friday) makes for a standardized way of doing things.

Of course, some will say that it shouldn't matter, that it's only a thread name, while others will say "what's so difficult about writing down the date that the comic stands for"...

But really, just how hard is it? :mrgreen:
Agreed, it's kind of hard to date this latest one to the 11th when it was posted on the 10th at 5:30pm.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 pmAgreed, it's kind of hard to date this latest one to the 11th when it was posted on the 10th at 5:30pm.
So what you're saying is that this comic is not a Monday-Wednesday-Friday comic, but a mostly Sunday, but sometimes Monday, mostly Tuesday, but sometimes Wednesday, and mostly Thursday, but sometimes Friday comic? Paul has been known to be irregular, at times, with posting... most of the time, he posts in the evening, before the comic is "due", but sometimes posts after midnight, on the day the comic is "due". And some times, he posts an extra comic on Saturday or Sunday (usually a pinup, when he does), while also posting the Monday comic late on Sunday evening (although it sometimes happens in the afternoon.) So those times, you very well could end up with two comics posted on a Sunday: a pinup, plus the Monday comic. What do you do then, for a thread name? Use the same date for both, changing only the title?

Seems to me that it would be simplest to keep to the standard that has been used for years, on this forum, and date the thread for the date that the comic is "due", regardless of the actual time it was posted.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

OP can always change it if they want.

Still. I think I heard that squee here in Arizona.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I don't mean to cause arguments, but I am glad this is being discussed. As an instigator of the subject, I say 'Lets take this to a separate thread maybe'...

In the mean time; Panel TWO! High-larious, all vicarious and everything. :o
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Oh, by the way: the use of the word "Confession" was unfamiliar to me, in context, until I came across it in Japanese Manga...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Harrumph...
Yep. The comic officially posts MWF, and until recently, it has been the tradition to date the thread to match the official date of the comic.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK I have problems keeping names straight, and there's a tag missing, so who is Little Miss Sparkely Eyes?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Opus the Poet wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:21 pm OK I have problems keeping names straight, and there's a tag missing, so who is Little Miss Sparkely Eyes?
Scarlett.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

She ships it.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

jwhouk wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:10 pm Still. I think I heard that squee here in Arizona.
I apologize, I was way too loud when I saw that both of them are rolling with it :D
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Wolf-who-watches wrote:That hurt this one's ears.
Dr. Jenny Curtis wrote:. . . Canids can hear you on Maui when you do that . . . possibly on Mars.
Indeed. I think it set off an avalanche.

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

NEW FAVORITE PAGE

Also, NEW FAVORITE FIRST KISS AFTERMATH

Like seriously, this is so much better a first kiss aftermath page then Atsali and Nadette got. To me anyway.

And I LOVE so much how in the third panel Castela has her arms wrapped around Shawna. <3

Like EEEEE!! They are so in love already, I mean that first panel alone screams it <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

New Avatar!! :D

EDIT: Of course this will probably only be my avatar until a romantic print of them comes out. lol
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I wonder if Shawna knows just what shes about to get into?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

oldmanmickey wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 am I wonder if Shawna knows just what shes about to get into?
Probably not.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am
oldmanmickey wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:55 amI wonder if Shawna knows just what shes about to get into?
Probably not.
Nor Castela.

Who does at that age?

Later there's a better idea, but still not enough to stop it.

--FreeFlier