Is she OK? 2019-01-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Is she OK? 2019-01-15

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Whelp... they have no more understanding of the situation than Cass...http://wapsisquare.com/comic/is-she-okay/
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Re: Is she OK? 2019-01-15

Post by Opus the Poet »

And yes "too much affection" is a real thing, particularly for those on the Asberger's spectrum. There comes point of sensory overload that the suffering person can't process.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am And yes "too much affection" is a real thing, particularly for those on the Asberger's spectrum. There comes point of sensory overload that the suffering person can't process.
So, you're saying that Castela and Hammy should never be in the same room.

Quite a pity... I guess the idea of an "Over The Blackthorn Hedge" mashup wasn't a good one.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It might be time to seek the help of the elders or at lest big sister
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Well, at least they're trying to sort through the problem. Maybe next in their attempt to find out what she needs, they'll send out an e-mail (or whatever kids use these days) describing the situation and asking every one of Castela's family, friends, and acquaintances what they think Castela needs. I'm sure that that would cheer the poor girl up to no end.
oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 am It might be time to seek the help of the elders or at lest big sister
And at worst, the elder berries can be used to make wine and calm her down.

Assuming that alcohol has that sort of an effect on blackthorny gals.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 am And yes "too much affection" is a real thing, particularly for those on the Asberger's spectrum. There comes point of sensory overload that the suffering person can't process.
Not just Asberger's, but also severe introverts and, like me, someone with Avoidant Personality Disorder.
I suspect it is more likely that the Blackthorn Wisdom thing needs a lot of alone time and she's just not getting it, so all the attention is rubbing her the wrong way.
I think she needs to take root in the Canyon for a while, minus the butterflies.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I think this is largely a Tsundere Thunder Syndrome, compounded by a concurrence of confusion concerning her self-shipping with Shawna's shapely self.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Are girls' shirts just not made with enough fabric in the chest area? Both of those girls seem to be stretching their shirts a bit...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pmAre girls' shirts just not made with enough fabric in the chest area? Both of those girls seem to be stretching their shirts a bit...
Favored shirts that had adequate fabric when purchased . . .

Of course, it's amazing how much a shirt will shrink just hanging in the closet. /innocents/

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 pm
Alkarii wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pmAre girls' shirts just not made with enough fabric in the chest area? Both of those girls seem to be stretching their shirts a bit...
Favored shirts that had adequate fabric when purchased . . .

Of course, it's amazing how much a shirt will shrink just hanging in the closet. /innocents/

--FreeFlier
Cheesecake - any variety - causes clothes to shrink...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It usually causes my pants to shrink in the seat. :lol:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

More seriously. Those are standardized uniforms. Not likely to have fits for all shapes and sizes, as they are made for human forms.

Plus, they are button-up shirts - the bane of every busty gal’s existence. Among many.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

GlytchMeister wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 am More seriously. Those are standardized uniforms. Not likely to have fits for all shapes and sizes, as they are made for human forms.

Plus, they are button-up shirts - the bane of every busty gal’s existence. Among many.
Nothing wrong with button-up shirts. It simply requires that the owner learn what darts are for, and how to make them.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Bookworm wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm
GlytchMeister wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:10 am More seriously. Those are standardized uniforms. Not likely to have fits for all shapes and sizes, as they are made for human forms.

Nothing wrong with button-up shirts. It simply requires that the owner learn what darts are for, and how to make them.
Everyone knows the purpose of darts: They're pointy things you throw, poking a hole in your friend's arm because the dope on a rope stuck it in the way when he saw you get ready to hurl that thing as hard as you could.

(Yes, I'm speaking from experience. I was the one who threw the dart.)
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Alkarii wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:15 am

Everyone knows the purpose of darts: They're pointy things you throw, poking a hole in your friend's arm because the dope on a rope stuck it in the way when he saw you get ready to hurl that thing as hard as you could.

Somehow I knew someone was going to bring pub games into it. Including "How drunk do I have to be to try to catch a dart?", apparently.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Actually, we were younger than Castela's group, and completely sober when it happened.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Bookworm wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:44 am
Alkarii wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:15 am

Somehow I knew someone was going to bring pub games into it. Including "How drunk do I have to be to try to catch a dart?", apparently.
Alkarii wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:53 pm Actually, we were younger than Castela's group, and completely sober when it happened.
Just like when I was six, I think, and my neighbour convinced me to sit in an upright car tire (to hold it up, of course... because everyone knows you can only hold up a tire by sitting in it...) so he could shoot an arrow at it. He completely missed the tire, and missed my right eye by maybe ¼ inch... :shock:
(Yes, my photo was probably in the dictionary, next to "naive"... :roll: )