Snuck Past 2019-01-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Snuck Past 2019-01-02

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/snuck-past/

Now that's a party! Although I prefer my crickets deep fried and salty.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jwhouk

Re: Snuck Past 2019-01-02

Post by jwhouk »

I suspect the commonality between all of those movies is spiders?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

So, now I'm wondering... What is the status between M and Digit? I'm guessing it's something parental. But, is it like a guardian thing? Or, is it a Mom (and other Mom) thing? Or, is it more of a mother-in-law thing? And, does Digit have a last name? And, if so, did she take Monica's, because of any or all of the above?

Btw, given that Monica is now a cat-girl, i would think crickets might be more interesting to her.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 am I suspect the commonality between all of those movies is spiders?
DOn't recognise the names, but i suspect they're anime, and quite possibly there are arachnids.

=============

Hmmm. Just picked one to look up, and there doesn't appear to be anything particularly spiderish about Land of the Lustrous - though it does sound rather Out There in setting...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

jeffepp wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 am So, now I'm wondering... What is the status between M and Digit? I'm guessing it's something parental. But, is it like a guardian thing? Or, is it a Mom (and other Mom) thing? Or, is it more of a mother-in-law thing? And, does Digit have a last name? And, if so, did she take Monica's, because of any or all of the above?
One of Paul's eBay pinups was titled "Digit Villarreal", so ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:29 am Now that's a party! Although I prefer my crickets deep fried and salty.
A bit of garlic and/or cayenne pepper goes well, also.
jwhouk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:36 am I suspect the commonality between all of those movies is spiders?
I think it's a reverse-Katherine sort of thing... spiders that are fangirls/fanboys themselves, rather than being the subject of such an adoration.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I wouldn't harm crickets- they can warn you of someone approaching. I like crickets.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:24 am I wouldn't harm crickets- they can warn you of someone approaching. I like crickets.
Be careful, though... they are clannish. A cricket won't warn you if another cricket is sneaking up behind you with a blunt or edged weapon in its claws.

I guess haemolymph is thicker than water...
AnotherFairportfan

Sgt. Howard wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:24 am I wouldn't harm crickets- they can warn you of someone approaching. I like crickets.
...and they're useful when you're invading.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:04 am
...and they're useful when you're invading.
Yea and these crickets would not be good eating at all
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Also wonder if Digit is stronger, more acrobatic etc etc than a normal person?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:52 am Also wonder if Digit is stronger, more acrobatic etc etc than a normal person?
She told Kath that she doesn't have "spider strength", and had trouble even lifting a big water jug in the kitchen.

There was one pinup of her and Dietzel which implies that she might still have wall-climbing-and-adhering abilities, but I don't know if that was intended to be actual canon. We've never seen her do anything like that in a normal strip.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Let's just hope that the spiders don't swarm the wrong Cricket. There's one who likes fried spiders with her lunch.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm Let's just hope that the spiders don't swarm the wrong Cricket. There's one who likes fried spiders with her lunch.
Considering Calista's nature and strength... if that would happen, I think we'd learn the spiderish translation of "Fie! A Fae! A foe! Flee!"
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*Takes aim with industrial-strength rubber band of bug-killin’*

(Seriously, you don’t want to take a hit from this, it’s an inch wide, an eighth of an inch thick, and has a radius of about 2 inches. It hisses through the air and can vaporize houseflies from ten feet away)
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm plopping this down, riiiiight here:

Australian man screaming at spider 'why don't you die?' triggers full police response
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... e-response

(edit) Oops, I wuz Ninja'd...
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:30 am Australian man screaming at spider 'why don't you die?' triggers full police response
Silly Australian man. It's not dying, because you're doing it wrong.

In order for it to die, you must kill it with your face.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Warrl wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:51 am A somewhat-related incident in Australia
{shudder}

And there is one of the things keeping me from going there...no no nonononono...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."