Is That Official 2012-11-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Is That Official 2012-11-07

Post by Julie »

Okay...it's been bugging me... Is Lily a fan of super-dark blush? Or are her cheek bones that pronounced and her cheeks that sunken? :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Kaibyo

Post by Kaibyo »

I wonder what The Chief is if he can handle vamp-agents, especially if one of them is kind of a loose cannon? And what other kinds of agents he has to handle.
"Our scientific power has out run our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world." - Virginia Woolf
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote:- SNIP -
Rorschach and the incident that sent him completely over the edge... That guy thought he was gonna surrender and be treated all nicey-nice, too...
Yeah, those are the sort of criminals that object, "But . . . but you're the COPS! You aren't supposed to DO that!"
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

kingklash wrote:"I've been advised to tell you, he walked into a door. A door made of knives and shotguns."
Or: I'm so sorry, but he walked onto the knife I was holding. Twenty-two times.
Dave

Post by Dave »

kingklash wrote:"I've been advised to tell you, he walked into a door. A door made of knives and shotguns."
The medical examiner's report did gloss over one small question: how a shotgun blast left the bones without any embedded pellets, but with what are clearly toothmarks instead.

Evaporating flechette rounds are not available to civilians!

Or, as a Robert Heinlein story put it, "The coroner's verdict of heart failure did not entirely explain the charred condition of the remains."
Dave

Post by Dave »

bmonk wrote:Or: I'm so sorry, but he walked onto the knife I was holding. Twenty-two times.
Backwards.

And I think you meant to say "salad fork" rather than "knife"?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

"The police are working on the theory that he was cleaning his knife and it went off accidentally."
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

My2Cents wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Well, consider, Meatsnak had the wonderful experience of being eaten and killed, and in that order. I'm betting he was pretty smug, thinking he was about to be arrested where he could play the system for years, trying to get off on technicalities and pleas of insanity. Imagine his smugness dissolving into raw terrror as the cute FBI who trapped him transformed into something out of his worse nightmares. He died in screaming raw terror while be eaten alive. I'd be willing to bet his smugness was what set Suzie off. I personally don't agree with what McBride did, but the bad guy's death did have a certain poetic justice to it.
Actually he must have gone quick. Otherwise Lily would have busted in to investigate the screaming.

Unless, of course, vampires have some kind of paralytic venom.

Hypnosis through eye contact is a typical vampiric power. Imagine being fully conscious and aware of what's happening to you as you're being devoured alive, and not being able to move or even make a sound.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Edited to fit screen and time slotYep, bored again. can't work on projects because the noise disturbs the inmates/roommates... Latest project is turning a Friday the 13th Halloween mask into a winter face mask to keep my face warm while I ride my bicycle to work/church. I cut the top off the mask to not catch my helmet, added hardware to hold an old pair of glasses to the mask so I could see, and some foam rubber baffles to the inside of the mask to keep my hot, humid breath from fogging the glasses. Then I took it all apart and painted everything that wasn't glasses or foam, gloss black.

So with everything painted black I no longer look like the guy in the hockey mask, but I'm still pretty scary. And warm, that's the important part, it does keep the wind off my face and keeps me from getting cold as fast... I look like a low-budget Darth Vader though.

So for a total cost of $3.24 for the mask and the rest of the supplies coming from previous project leftovers I managed to get this all done for a song. The song is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, but what the heck, it's still a song, right?
Pictures perhaps?
I would love to but the camera does not want to talk to the computer for some reason. I was thinking as I was making this that it would make a perfect Instructible, if only I could make some pictures.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
sheik

Post by sheik »

Well, that does it.
I am now completely unconvinced that all those murder/suicide incidents involving a shotgun are legit.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Julie wrote:Okay...it's been bugging me... Is Lily a fan of super-dark blush? Or are her cheek bones that pronounced and her cheeks that sunken? :shock:
She has very pale skin and pronounced cheek bones. =)
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Dave wrote: Or, as a Robert Heinlein story put it, "The coroner's verdict of heart failure did not entirely explain the charred condition of the remains."

Ultimately, all deaths can be described as "heart failure".
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

davids4250 wrote:
Dave wrote: Or, as a Robert Heinlein story put it, "The coroner's verdict of heart failure did not entirely explain the charred condition of the remains."

That is the beauty of it, it is not really a lie.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

sheik wrote:Well, that does it.
I am now completely unconvinced that all those murder/suicide incidents involving a shotgun are legit.
if it is only now that you feel that way, then you must be young.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:
I think that it was "Iron Feliks" Dzerzinski who said something to the close effect of "Any bungler can arrange an accident. It takes an artist to manage a suicide."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mark N wrote:
I think that it was "Iron Feliks" Dzerzinski who said something to the close effect of "Any bungler can arrange an accident. It takes an artist to manage a suicide."
Now that I can agree with (that it may have come from a former Soviet Chief of Secret Police makes me wonder about myself though).
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

"The police say he came home drunk and fell down an elevator shaft...onto some bullets."
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

sonicthunder wrote:I like the chief too. Hope he exists in some capacity after this flashback, and doesn't spend the rest of Wapsisquare's run chilling with Daren and Owen at the bar.
If I know anything about Da Chief, I'm pretty sure he'd be OK with that. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

davids4250 wrote:

Unfortunately, the world death rate remains pegged at 100%. That's life for ya...
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
Julie

Post by Julie »

bmonk wrote:I'm so sorry, but he walked onto the knife I was holding. Twenty-two times.

Now I have The Cell Block Tango from Chicago stuck in my head. Thanks for that. :P
Wapsi wrote:
Julie wrote:Okay...it's been bugging me... Is Lily a fan of super-dark blush? Or are her cheek bones that pronounced and her cheeks that sunken? :shock:
She has very pale skin and pronounced cheek bones. =)
Thank you Paul! :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."